Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tey View Post
    i sent in a ticket FROM THE ACCOUNT I WAS BOTTING ON saying i was botting, just gave me the same copy paste answer as anyone else
    Saying you're botting doesn't prove you're botting.

It's simple logic.

Although if anyone's paying attention then your account is likely flagged in some aspect and your actions to some degree will be monitored, although at this point in the game the public doesn't know if you're being watched by an invisible GM toon, or if it's some type of algorithm or person looking for odd patterns of information in your actions.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

how much more proof do they need? do i need to remind you people consistently get banned for alot less

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some people in this thread are perfect examples why some things are meant to be kept private. If you decide to cheat in a video game, rob a store, beat someone up or do some other crazy shit don't tell it to anyone. Eventually someone will backstab you and you will be busted. Lession learned I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    i sent in a ticket FROM THE ACCOUNT I WAS BOTTING ON saying i was botting
    Thats downright amazing. I guess the lesson here is that everyone may as well bot, it should become accepted! Who the hell cares? lol

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Some people in this thread are perfect examples why some things are meant to be kept private. If you decide to cheat in a video game, rob a store, beat someone up or do some other crazy shit don't tell it to anyone. Eventually someone will backstab you and you will be busted. Lession learned I guess.
    Eventually some day, when you get older, you'll see why this is a big deal.

Hopefully.

10+ Year Old Account
    how much more proof do they need? do i need to remind you people consistently get banned for alot less
    I can't tell if you're serious or a troll anymore.

People have the ability to act like bots, acting like a bot doesn't make someone a bot. Telling Blizzard you're a bot doesn't make you a bot. Reporting people should flag the account if enough reports are made as that's really all Blizzard can do to combat bots; monitor behaviors and attempt to find convincing evidence or actual proof someone is botting as Warden is essentially worthless except to catch people who download crazy old hacks that allow them to do ridiculous things such as warp, speed hack, etc..

The Warden client is easily bypassed by the most popular bot out right now (and it's invisible to Warden). If Blizzard patches the game or changes Warden, the Tripwire protection disables the bot so no one can use it until it's updated so no one gets banned via Warden itself as they can't log on. Bans occur because people behave like bots over a long enough period of time and Blizzard's certain they're using a bot.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2013-09-30 at 12:28 AM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Eventually some day, when you get older, you'll see why this is a big deal.

Hopefully.
    Okay so when I get older I will realise that the best thing is to backstab all your friends and be a douchebag even if there is absolutely no personal benefit?
    Sorry but I think this is bullshit. Guess I'm just a good friend and I will never do crap like this.

are you really going to call me a troll because i took a dump on you with hard evidence?

10+ Year Old Account
    are you really going to call me a troll because i took a dump on you with hard evidence?
    You're clearly too stupid to understand what I said.

I'm no longer replying to you. In fact, I'm blocking you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Reporting people should flag the account if enough reports are made as that's really all Blizzard can do to combat bots;
    So whats the threshold then? Say 250,000 reports = confirmed bot? Whatever it is, its not working

10+ Year Old Account
    Basementdwelling rat backstabbing your friend.
    GM should banned you for that ticket.

Unless ofc by friend you mean some random guy you've never seen IRL who you've met in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Unless ofc by friend you mean some random guy you've never seen IRL who you've met in WoW.
    Well yeah, that is the case here

Quote Originally Posted by Trisrx View Post
    So whats the threshold then? Say 250,000 reports = confirmed bot? Whatever it is, its not working
    friend had a gm tell him he needed 50 reports to get suspended for racism, quite alot lower

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't claim to know this, but I have a friend that's been botting for 7 years and it's easy to avoid bans.

You honestly can bot as long as you want as long as you follow a few guidelines.

Also, Dear Blizzard, he's not nor has he ever been on my Real ID and/or realm friends list.

Edit - forgot to mention an important aspect, we've known people who have gotten suspended for a day, and it was because they were obvious in their actions, such as grinding for 15 hours straight in an area in an expansion where grinding made no sense, and even then it might have been due to the bot getting stuck running in place on a tree, and it's assumed they were reported.

Edit 2 - Dear mods, I haven't mentioned where to get bots or what they're called, so don't infract me.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2013-09-30 at 12:41 AM.

Deleted
    I think lots of people here should reconsider what they call "friend".

Still, I report AFKers and bots in BGs frequently and carry on because frankly I don't really care. If my friends were starting to bot, or I for that matter, the only thing we'd do is try to create better bots...

Keep in mind this guy has been BG botting all day, every day, for weeks now. Clearly "report player for -> cheating" is either way too slow or just totally ineffective. And now they ignore direct ticket reports, this guy will probably never get caught. I am starting to wonder, could they be deliberately ignoring cheaters to avoid losing subs by banning people? Is this GM actually helpless to do anything about it?
    You see this faulty reasoning like 5 times a day on the forums.

1) They do not just see a bot report and immediately ban the botter. That would be an inefficient use of time. They monitor the botters, figure out how the bot works and find a way to break it. This stops not just that botter, but everyone using the same bot software (of course, the botters then make better bots, it's an arms race). And THEN they ban those players. Takes time, but it's much more effective in the long run and it DOES happen.

2) Blizzard loses more money than it makes from botters, both from the people that quit the game over botting and due to the number of botters who are using stolen accounts/credit cards.

I agree that botting is way out of hand in BGs. But look at those bots. They are now extremely sophisticated (seriously... I've seen teams of humans outplayed by these new bots... at least the bots stand in the right place). They are very difficult to identify and stop. And there are a lot of people using them. Blame the bot creators and the botters, not Blizzard.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2013-09-30 at 12:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    As people have said, blizzard has a unique way of dealing with bots, let them do it for months, then ban a load all at once, 2 days later a new bot program surfaces, and the cycle repeats.
    Doesn't seem to do anything though, this guy on my server was bottling for bloodthirsty earlier in mop, I reported him 100 times for it, still kept seeing him in bgs, he never got banned and still has the bloodthirsty title.

Blizzard doesn't really have control of the bot situation, oh well, still report every bot I see in the hope it will do something.
    dragonmaw - EU

Plenty, and almost all of them know better than to ruin things for other people to benefit themselves.
    So you police all your friends?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    As people have said, blizzard has a unique way of dealing with bots, let them do it for months, then ban a load all at once, 2 days later a new bot program surfaces, and the cycle repeats.
    Doesn't seem to do anything though, this guy on my server was bottling for bloodthirsty earlier in mop, I reported him 100 times for it, still kept seeing him in bgs, he never got banned and still has the bloodthirsty title.

Blizzard doesn't really have control of the bot situation, oh well, still report every bot I see in the hope it will do something.
    Blizzard doesn't disable bots, they just ban players and change Warden detection methods and offsets, and the bot they were trying to cripple is just changed in a day or two and it's fully functional again.

The only time they've actually disabled a bot (and it wasn't done via programming) is when they won the court battle against the first gen main bot from Classic/TBC (it's called something I'm not allowed to name here) and as such those developers had to shut off their servers, which meant the bot can no longer function and they can no longer sell it under that name etc.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2013-09-30 at 12:47 AM.

Seriously, some of you people on these forums make me want to rip my eyeballs out. Stop fucking focusing on "how he's a bad friend" for reporting someone who is an obvious cheater. God.

Anyway, it's ridiculous how Blizzard doesn't really care about botting anymore, it's probably too big of an issue for them to stop though.