Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I've tried botting (leveling and gathering) last time my second sub was active for few weeks last spring. I was using commercial bot with default routes.

Nothing happened. Nothing at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of sad to see people admit to botting. I mean really...
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlike everyone else I'm going to say "Good for you" for reporting your friend. Personally I warn friends I know do this kinda thing like "If I EVER See you doing it, I will report it" and give them an "out of sight, out of mind" benefit, but nothing more

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's kind of sad to see people admit to botting. I mean really...
    Yep
    Can't beat them - join them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Some people in this thread are perfect examples why some things are meant to be kept private. If you decide to cheat in a video game, rob a store, beat someone up or do some other crazy shit don't tell it to anyone. Eventually someone will backstab you and you will be busted. Lession learned I guess.
    Backstabbing would be stealing from a friend. Reporting someone for stealing is not backstabbing. I reported many friends when I worked retail 15 years ago. A few of them got fired. Their theft directly effected my bonus. Just like in WoW botting can directly effect the enjoyment people get from this game. The only exception is fish botters unless I hear them bragging about all the money they made on the AH.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I report bots, but If I knew a friend of mine was doing it I would let someone else report him. Bots are painfully obvious to spot so no big deal. I just wouldn't BG with him...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Ooh, what a thread. Let me highlight some issues!
    1. What answer did you expect? [I]"Yes, we will immediately ban random player X because random player Y claimed it's a friend and he bots."
    I never expected that answer. And I sure as hell never expected what did happen, for the GM to shrug it off and say the system will handle it. That is what I found so shocking, and the reason I made this thread. That is a definite shift in blizzard policy that I wanted to bring to light. And for the record, I never wanted or expected them to ban him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    5. Suspicious behaviour isn't enough to ban someone, they want to collect hard evidence by detecting the system.
    I called for nothing more than an investigation to collect that hard evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus345 View Post
    I think a lot of people unfortunately are choosing to assume Blizzard isn't doing anything about bots, purely because they don't put out a newsletter specifically describing what they've done and how many bots they're removed.

This is at the root of many discussions (read: venting sessions) about bots that I've read over the years--it's usually one guy declaring "I reported a guy for botting and his account didn't immediately explode" or "I logged in and there's still bots" and then everyone high fives each other for "figuring out" that Blizzard hasn't been doing anything about the problem.

The reality here is probably that Blizzard's teams are constantly working against bots, but they aren't giving us progress updates and it's also unrealistic to expect the complete eradication of bots from WoW.
    i didnt choose to believe in anything, ive been running a bot for 8 months to find the truth(i sell or keep nothing, and have deleted 100+ toons, they do not give a hoot

- - - Updated - - -

hell i even play on my main account while botting at the same time, its sad how much bots get away with it now
    Last edited by tey; 2013-10-01 at 01:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tey View Post
    i didnt choose to believe in anything, ive been running a bot for 8 months to find the truth(i sell or keep nothing, and have deleted 100+ toons, they do not give a hoot

- - - Updated - - -

hell i even play on my main account while botting at the same time, its sad how much bots get away with it now
    You are part of the problem. Sad

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    You reported your own friend? That's.. really shitty of you.
    Pretty shitty of you that you protect your friends who abuse others. You are not much better than them then.

I too report friends for cheating, good on you OP

First of all, if he is really your friend ... you are a douchebag, remember this is a game after all. I report people as well and most bots i catch when mining ... but i would never report a friend ... i gain nothing from this, what i gain is a banned buddy that i can't play no more with.
    And don't worry, blizzard banns left and right, what you have to take to mind is that botters have multiple accounts, they get banned, they buy a new one etc.

Half of your story in my opinion is just a story and if it's not, you are a bitter old man

Cheating is wrong, plain and simple. It doesn't matter if it's some random person on the other end of a computer or your own flesh and blood. The problem here isn't the OP. The real problem is that this "friend" has been putting the OP in an awkward spot by not changing his tune, especially after the OP spoke to him about it. Real friends and family don't put you in a compromising position if they can help it. The responsibility in a relationship rests on both parties; it's a two-way street.

Good on you, OP, for doing the right thing. I'd also suggest dumping this so-called friend. He has no integrity.

P.S. I can't believe how many of you openly admit to botting. This everyone's-doing-it-so-idgaf mentality is pathetic.

Intead of you guys asking him what kind of friend he is, you should be saying: "Why are you still calling that cheating piece of shit a friend?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Intead of you guys asking him what kind of friend he is, you should be saying: "Why are you still calling that cheating piece of shit a friend?"
    You would end a friendship with someone for cheating in a video game?
    Most ridiculous thing I've seen in a while.

The amount of apologists for cheating "because it is their friend" in this thread is downright hilarious

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    your missing the point here and most dont even know the truth which makes it worst

banning bots in waves does no good

1) They are back in waves in 2-4 weeks
    2) 6months+ a bot survives and long if public profiles are not used
    3) All the gold the botter got, millions of it, sold ore, herbs etc are usually in a different guild bank/account gold is not lost only the bot account
    4) Most serious botters know this and the rules and boundaries of botting but will do it anyway because bot has earnt them millions with ease, and when it is banned which takes a long long time, they just start another and it lives for many many months again.

In the mean time.... all your JC'ers are fed cheap ores, most are from botters who do not list in the AH and do COD's

Botting is HUGE you would be surprised how many of your friends, guildies etc actually do bot but play by the bot forum rules "always say you never bot, act like your against botting etc"

More people bot than you think.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could just be adding his account to the big list of bots that they are going to ban all at once.
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

exact reason i do not pvp anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Trisrx View Post
    Ive been an admin for years on various games, being my friend never saved anyone, people get what they earn
    Once you've really been an administrator on a game you realize it's absolutely nothing to brag about or even mention. It's a job. You wouldn't reply to this poist saying you were the fry cook at McDonalds, because how is it relevant? How does being an "Administrator" on another game have anything to do with you reporting a friend out of spite?

Also, I'll play along; what games?