Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorlok View Post
    You are part of the problem. Sad
    cant be part of the problem ir im part of the solution, blizz is the problem

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Okay so when I get older I will realise that the best thing is to backstab all your friends and be a douchebag even if there is absolutely no personal benefit?
    Sorry but I think this is bullshit. Guess I'm just a good friend and I will never do crap like this.
    Yeah, enabling people's bad behavior is the definition of a good friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Yeah, enabling people's bad behavior is the definition of a good friend.
    as a good friend you should do what you feel is right even when you know your friends are doing wrong.
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week i'm going to Comic Con Australia in beautiful Sydney!

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    You would end a friendship with someone for cheating in a video game?
    Most ridiculous thing I've seen in a while.
    You call an acquaintance you met in a video game a "friend?"
    Now THAT'S the most ridiculous thing ever.

Just because you add someone to FB or follow their Twitch/Twitter does not make them a friend. Granted, OP called this guy a friend and, whether he's a RL friend or just some guildie, is unclear. I suppose real friends now are FB/Twitter/Reddit/Twitch or even cell phone contacts, but back in the day all that type of long-distance communication got you was a pen pal (lol).

I guarantee if you met someone in RL that did something wrong in RL (e.g. cheating, assault, stealing) and you were some sort of ethical, you'd ask that friend to stop and/or ditch him/her altogether. If you keep that kind of company or are fine with it, you're probably of the same ilk. Again, real friends (and family) know better than to put you in a compromising position.

I had a guildie that was banned for botting about 2 months ago. He hasn't returned. He would openly profess his botting in voice chat and even joke about it in in-game conversation. In addition, he was botting probably more than he actually sat down to play. He spoke casually about how much gold he was making, how easy it was to convert profits, and which programs to use. Perhaps he was just stupid, and he damn near encouraged doing it as well. I was well acquainted with this guy and he seemed like a good person from voice chat conversation, but I can't help but shake my head and think that he got what he deserved in the end. More recently, another guildie that has claimed he's botted or currently bots was banned for 3 days simply for appearing to bot. That's right--appearing to bot. He was helping another guildie powerlevel his alt and his movements were deemed bot-like.

And to those continuing to profess and justify their reasons for botting and how enforcement is futile, let's apply that thinking to real life. How about law enforcement and courts just stop worrying about crime altogether? Next time someone breaks into your house, just throw your hands up in the air because you have no chance of getting your stuff back or bringing someone to justice. Just let it go because everybody's doing it. If everyone's doing it, it must be OK, and law enforcement shouldn't give a damn because it's just gonna happen again. Of course, you can take the matter into your own hands and purchase a firearm to protect yourself, but if you're gonna complain every time you have to do it yourself (i.e. use the Report > Cheating option), then I guess there really is no helping you.
    Last edited by Cuicatl; 2013-10-02 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisrx View Post
    Ive been an admin for years on various games, being my friend never saved anyone, people get what they earn
    Same here. Being a friend doesn't give you the right to be an asshole. Neither online nor IRL.

To all of those responding with "shitty friend" etc. I would never be friend with people like you because you're just horrible people. The kind the only want justice for your group. The kind that will defend one raping another because "oh well he's my friend <3<3"
    Fuck you :P

I long ago learned to judge people as to how they are to strangers, and not to how they are to their friends. Of course. If they can tell their friends off it gives them a lot of credit, but people forgiving their friends for everything, and at the same time being an ass to a waitress is just a shitty human being, despite their own glorified idea of friendship>everything.
    And yes. I have friends. Friends that tells me off if i'm being an ass, and the other way round. Funny enough that doesn't happen a lot, because none of us go for those patting our backs, regardless of the situation.

To OP.
    Hopefully it's just the banwaves they are waiting for, but yeah. They are too slow, and the consequences are far too lenient for firsttimers. That being said i don't see a lot of bots, and those i see often are better than the players.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

I haven't reported friends, but I've votekicked them for being AFK in LFR. If they do something stupid to ruin the game experience of others .. yeah they deserve it. Friend or not.

And you might say that makes me a bad friend because you're an enabler or unethical or whatever, but my friends tell me I'm a great friend, so that's good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuicatl View Post
    You call an acquaintance you met in a video game a "friend?"
    Now THAT'S the most ridiculous thing ever.
    He was using the word 'friend' in the OP right? So I assume it isn't an acquaintance from a video game, you brainless inbred mongoloid.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-10-02 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuicatl View Post
    And to those continuing to profess and justify their reasons for botting and how enforcement is futile, let's apply that thinking to real life. How about law enforcement and courts just stop worrying about crime altogether? Next time someone breaks into your house, just throw your hands up in the air because you have no chance of getting your stuff back or bringing someone to justice. Just let it go because everybody's doing it. If everyone's doing it, it must be OK, and law enforcement shouldn't give a damn because it's just gonna happen again. Of course, you can take the matter into your own hands and purchase a firearm to protect yourself, but if you're gonna complain every time you have to do it yourself (i.e. use the Report > Cheating option), then I guess there really is no helping you.
    But in this case law enforcement doesn't do anything. Its like you got robbed, went to police. They asked you to fill report and then thanked you for filing that report. And then they did nothing.
    Skinning a bear should aggro every bears in a 40 yard radius. It makes sense, you are actually skinning their best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    He was using the word 'friend' in the OP right? So I assume it isn't an acquaintance from a video game, you brainless inbred mongoloid.
    You either didn't continue reading or lack comprehension. In the following paragraph, I stated, "Granted, OP called this guy a friend and, whether he's a RL friend or just some guildie, is unclear." I know this and I'm acknowledging the fact that gamers use the word "friend" liberally. Belay your personal insults. It makes you look mad.

But in this case law enforcement doesn't do anything. Its like you got robbed, went to police. They asked you to fill report and then thanked you for filing that report. And then they did nothing.
    Or, maybe they do as any person with physical limitations does and prioritizes which cases they address first. Like I mentioned, my guildies got bans, so maybe yours are next. There are way too many posts about how Blizz does nothing, but fewer about what they have already done. They have, after all, stated countless times that they do care, are committed to addressing botting, and that it's a long, difficult, ongoing process.

I'm not a Blizz fanboy by any means, but this is the same mentality that goes into thinking that clandestine services (e.g. NSA, CIA, NSC) don't do enough to combat terrorism, yet the general public is outraged when they overcollect information--that is, listen in on your calls and read your e-mails. How the heck else do you think they catch terrorists? And, honestly, even if such services heard your latest phone sex exchange, they don't have the resources or hours to prioritize you or care. This is how customer service works. It's a priority system. If they've yet to do anything, it's probably because they've got bigger fish to fry. I swear this generation has no patience.