Deleted

Kardris' toxic totem with elemental's mastery

Hey, I just picked up Kardris' Toxic Totem http://www.wowdb.com/items/102300-kardris-toxic-totem and I was wondering if anyone knows if the multistrike procc can procc our Mastery: Elemental overload similar to how the legendary staff procc worked (if I recall correctly the extra spell could procc the mastery)

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Djjoe View Post
    Hey, I just picked up Kardris' Toxic Totem http://www.wowdb.com/items/102300-kardris-toxic-totem and I was wondering if anyone knows if the multistrike procc can procc our Mastery: Elemental overload similar to how the legendary staff procc worked (if I recall correctly the extra spell could procc the mastery)

Thanks in advance.
    I would think not, since I believe the damage isnt considered one of the spell's mastery procs.

However, I would think that the trinket will double dip from your mastery, in that each mastery proc has a chance to proc the effect, Same goes for Echo

Someone correct me if Im wrong please

Deleted
    It triggers a seperate ability called Multistrike, which wont trigger any spell-specific stuff like mastery, so it's not really double-dipping or anything.

Except for DoTs (which triggered a seperate ability much like Multistrike), the legendary staff just had a chance to cast the same spellID you did.

Each attack you do, dots, mastery procs, etc. have a chance to proc it, so just consider it a chance*.33 damage buff. E.g for my 2/2 normal one (15.1% chance), 0.151*0.33 = 4.983%, and on boss fights it does do around 5% of my damage.

Deleted
    for me, in the malkorok fight the trinket does 10% of my total damage on boss

Btw does this damage come up in recount as it's own thing? Didn't see a thing called multistrike when I went over dummy target stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    Btw does this damage come up in recount as it's own thing? Didn't see a thing called multistrike when I went over dummy target stuff.
    Pretty sure I had multistrike in my Recount.

I'm pretty sure it won't have any interaction with Mastery or EOTE. The reason Dragonwrath double dipped was because it duplicated the spell and Mastery can only proc off of Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, or Lava Burst. If the proc was its own spell then it would of never double dipped.

Echo might work tho: When one of your spells causes direct damage or healing, you have a chance to gain Echo of the Elements, duplicating that spell's effect.
    It all depends if Multistrike is counted as one of our "Direct Damage" spells.

Here is the Mastery Tooltip if anyone was curious.
    (Grants a 16% chance for Elemental Overload to occur. Elemental Overload causes a Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, or Lava Burst spell you cast to trigger a second, similar spell on the same target at no additional cost that causes 75% of normal damage and no threat.)

hm however it should proc on original spell, eoe spell and mastery spell as all are attacks. and each chainlightning jump should have a proc chance too. with proc I mean the multistrike effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenos View Post
    for me, in the malkorok fight the trinket does 10% of my total damage on boss
    That's pretty impressive. Mine usually ranges from 4.5%-5.5% in the end. Here's the logs from the NM kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...3/?s=158&e=364 it was about 4.2 for me. I messing around with Unleashed Fury as well since I will possibly be using it for heroic.