Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Maybe my worst interaction with another WoW player...

So I'm getting into the pet battle thing and leveling some pets, grinding out teams to 25 and all that. I find a spot in the Valley that's great for grinding, quick respawn of pets and close to a stable master, and I hunker down to do my thing. I've spent a few hours here and there over the last week hitting this same spot as the urge strikes me.

Today I go back and there's a low level toon grinding the same spot. Okay, maybe there's enough for everyone. I finish the battle I'm in and notice a bunch of dead battle pets on the ground. While I was in the fight this toon killed all the respawning battle pets. I was kinda leery at first but waited for another to spawn and she killed it as I approached. She stood there for 5 minutes killing anything that spawned just so I couldn't fight them. Her way of laying claim to that spot somehow? What the fuck ever, lady.

I'm sure someone clearing out the guild bank or ninja looting shit in a raid is much more meaningful than this, but that's kinda the point. How stupidly petty was that shit? Killing battle pets so someone else couldn't fight them. I mean, Jesus, really? Fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    WoW would be a great game if it weren't an MMO.

Should have just waited it out, there is no such thing as 'Camps' in MMO's its all common courtesy at the end of the day. Another thing you could have done is PM them and ask why what's going on? try and get her to respond to you with profanity etc and report her for it.

Is it possible that player was trying to get a rare pet? Has been a long while since last time I tried to catch a wind pet, but I remember killing pet was a way to clear and make the pets respawn (for chance of getting a rare) after Blizzard implemented the mechanic that allow pets to stay even if you abandoned the pet battle.

this is expected behaviour these days, the community for the most part is toxic

Eh, mine is tipping somebody 70g for making a piece of gear for me, and they said I didn't tip. It turned into a bunch of aggressive whispers and stupidity. beyond that, just typical griefing that passes after 20-30 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoooooooW ... i've heard of mental cases but that one beats them all ... I'll have to take a note of this and pass it on to my fellows so that they never do this .
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Second star to the right, and straight on till morning
    Grab a rare or a few elites and kite them to said lowby. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by DestroDoc View Post
    this wont do anything, been fixed since tbc

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I killed an Unborn Valk because I didn't have a high enough level pet to capture it at the time. Felt good to see someone rage about in General a few minutes later. If he had just been there, it wouldn't have happened. I would definitely do what that person does to OP, if someone else is farming something I'm farming, I kill it all as an act of spite.

If the Ayatollah can't have it, no one will.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Second star to the right, and straight on till morning
    Quote Originally Posted by tey View Post
    this wont do anything, been fixed since tbc
    What private server do you play on? I've kited all sorts of mobs onto all sorts of people and had the same done to me all expansion long. Especially in Valley. Aside from Halfhill proper, there are mobs everywhere. If it is indeed a low level player, proximity agro ftw.

I come across a group of pets, check em all out and then wipe them all out if there's no rares...

but that's not what she was doing by the sound of it.

Quite recently I saw a rare mob whilst levelling in Dread Wastes, decided I'd swim towards it to attack it, a feral druid beat me to it, fair enough. I carried on killing the crocolisk I was occupied with. They end up dying, so I tag it.

Then I start to get whispers. "Nice steal.."

So I tell him I didn't steal it. It wasn't his tag, he died and lost it. So then he starts saying how at least he'll be able to live knowing he isn't a dick. He starts going on about how it was his rare and how he found it first, though I reminded him I actually saw it before he started fighting but was underwater and was killing a mob I thought I could deal with and then get the rare (it was pretty early in the morning, didn't expect anyone to be around). He calls me a liar and tells me to prove it (like how the fuck am I supposed to do that? I told him I saw him fly in from underwater whilst I was busy killing a crocolisk).

Why am I coming across as mistrustful to this guy? He says how I could have helped him, calls me a no lifer dick. He told me I should have helped him, but he still would've died (because he was tanking it and clearly didn't know what he was doing concerning avoiding the rare's abilities), and then I'd have got the tag and he'd still be mad at me. Then he has the nerve to say I'm a dick (these seemed to be his favourite word) for not inviting him whilst I'm killing it so he can get a share of the loot. Hey, it's not like I was busy killing the rare or anything, and you were clearly too busy raging at me in whisper to even bother asking me. What a self obsessed, selfish, inconsiderate, obnoxious lazy tool.

It was pretty much the first time I'd met some I detested in WoW for years.
    Last edited by Shadowbane; 2013-09-30 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DestroDoc View Post
    unless they do aoe attacks... no that doesnt happen O.o

I had a bad interaction with another player last night as well. He got all mad because I killed him in the Gurubashi Arena twice and didn't let him get the chest so he made multiple racist comments about me, said he's going to hack my wow and bank account and rape my mother. Pretty ridiculous community sometimes

I had someone chew me out for a good half hour because i was farming a few lowbie pets on arcane eyes outside of kara, they gave good pet xp and my lowbie was getting good chunks per win too ...then some 90 came in and started complaining how I wasn't allowed to be there, yadda yadda, his spawns...whatever bro, lol.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Same faction or PvE I guess? Sad you don't sound like you'd have the option to send her to say hi to the Spirit Healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just loathe when you find a node and start killing the mobs around; of course, I purposely try to stand on top or very near; but it doesn't deter certain asses to gather them anyway, and flight immediately away.

All I can do then is yell NEWMAN!!!!

If that was your worst interaction with another WoW player, I envy your pleasant experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a Pet Battle story, but...

Late WotLK era. Me and two friends just hit 80 on toons, queue up for the first Heroic dungeon. Get Oculus.
    Paladin Tank and Priest Healer are Full H25ICC vs the three fresh 80 DPS.
    Bout five minutes in, both start crying about hings not dying fast enough. Weren't doing bad damage, just wasn't H25ICC levels they wanted.
    Get tired of listening to it, boot the tank, healer inherits leader role. Back then, only leader could start new queue.
    He demands we leave, we refuse. We had the numbers advantage and the longer wait time. Told him to leave or queue us back up.
    He refuses, claims his superiority over us is reason why we should leave. He goes AFK shortly afterwards. We attempt to contact a GM.

An hour later, he comes back and freaks out that we're still there. Queues us up and finishes the dungeon without another word.

Best part about the whole thing, the guy is removed from the dungeon by a GM DURING the final fight. He wasted an hour and a half of his time and got NOTHING for it.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Wow, not enough battle pets for you to battle that you have to complain about it here? Awesome.