Question Are you a reason, that Community became "Worse"?

Hello.
    I see lots of posts about "bad" players, who are unfriendly, are botting,
    adn lots of posts about "how bad community has become"

I want to ask you, are you a good player? are you one, who makes in-game community better, or are you one, who makes it worse?

as for me, I don't go to any raiding with my guild, except LFR for current end-game content, and I do it untill I get what gear I need. and offcourse I try do all MOP world bosses. and I do not join any kind of PVp acticity, I dont like it and dont have much time to spend on it too.

my guildies didnot liked it much, but now they do not care about that. Off course I am not best PVPer or Raider fo them, but I still manage to be in top 3 of most active guild players and I try help (when I am in mood or got time) to anyone, whoever needs help (or I think they need)

liek I grab some random low-level player, who I meet in pandaria, take them aroudn and help them grap all junk/gold/bopa/bop gear and weapons, that are parts of Pandaren Treasure and Relic Hutner achievement parts and are dropped by rare mbos, and they get with me good amount of Free XP, gold and if lucky enough, gear too.
    help people in General/trade/guidl chat with their quests and acheivemenets, give them hints, advices, or sometiems even help them
    for free off course

adn off coruse I do not do this alwas, only when I can spare my time and even nerves

it's kinda nice feeling, to in vite in grp low level, who cant udnerstand what u need, than give them a ride to free XP and gold and they are like WHOA, THANKS MAN and can't believe that I am going help them for more

I like help my friends to get some free gear, if they get mats, I have alts with almsot all professions and all recipes.

on BAD Part,
    I hate gankers, hate when coinfarmers kill me on Timeless Isle several tiems, I knwo, it's part of game, but WTF Iam already "sacrificed to Ordos" adn they still kill me and get no coins
    even if I see singly player, with Ordon disguise, I try avoid them, or if got a chance, I kill them ASAP. I know, it's too bad for them, because most of those items have CDs and they try g et what they need, but I dont want them manage to create a raid and wipe me out
    I get angry on some stupid people, sometiems I leave those low-levels in Dread wastes or Townlong, if they, instead of reading my advices and taking treasures, brainstorm me and make me repeat same thing several times, etc.
    we all have our good and bad sides

My guild wanted kick me at first, as I always declined all pvp/raiding activities, then they decided leave me there, because, no matter anything, they still liked me
    I am achievement hunter and with my help, they got their Dark Phoenix Hatchling as soon as I hitted exalted with guild

sorry for long post, but all these talks about HOW BAD COMMUNITY has become, makes me angry too. and I want to ask you, HOW GOOD or BAD are you?

Deleted
    I thought season 4 was pretty bad but now Dan Harmon is back things should improve, although the cast changes will certainly hurt the show.
    Oh wait, it's this topic again......
    Being nice is it's own reward I guess but don't go round expecting the same from strangers, and this hasn't really changed one way or another.

Deleted
    I am something in between. Partly I am a very nice guy, otherwise I flame sometimes. Surely when they deserve in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a good player that makes it worse.

At one point I tried being helpful/friendly to the community. It lasted a good two years. Then the game started becoming easier and the playerbase for some reason started to become worse despite that fact. Any hint of challenge in daily content and players would whine with no end in sight until the content was made easier (the beginning of cataclysm comes to mind).

I quit the game because my average encounter with a casual wow player would frustrate me beyond belief and I couldn't be "nice" to anyone anymore. I became a dick that wanted everyone to know how fucking bad they were at the game and how stupid they were for being bad at a game that requires no skill / minor thought to play at a decent level.

that is all

10+ Year Old Account
    In Warcraft I basically live on a 'give and take' mindset maybe a bit more to the give part depending on the people i encounter in LFR and Trade Chat particularly.

Quote Originally Posted by inkberry View Post
    I'm a good player that makes it worse.

At one point I tried being helpful/friendly to the community. It lasted a good two years. Then the game started becoming easier and the playerbase for some reason started to become worse despite that fact. Any hint of challenge in daily content and players would whine with no end in sight until the content was made easier (the beginning of cataclysm comes to mind).

I quit the game because my average encounter with a casual wow player would frustrate me beyond belief and I couldn't be "nice" to anyone anymore. I became a dick that wanted everyone to know how fucking bad they were at the game and how stupid they were for being bad at a game that requires no skill / minor thought to play at a decent level.

that is all
    what this guy said basically... I played since vanilla, but stopped playing about a year ago.

My 5 cents on why the community degraded during & after WotLK:

1. Dungeon finder & paid services (rename/server-transfer), gave anonymity to those who like to act like dicks without the social repercussions.
    2. Dungeon finder had no options to match expectations, so people who just wanted to steamroll instances got teamed with people who likes to take it slow etc.
    3. The increasingly popular 10man raidsize doesn't promote the same group/pack culture that the 25/40man raidsize did.
    Last edited by Hovsa; 2013-09-30 at 09:58 AM.

Sadly, this has become 'world of queuecraft'.

Community means nothing in the current state of the game.

Players can hit a button and join a bg/raid/dungeon, be a complete asshole, and it has absolutely no consequence whatsoever in the slightest.

I hate to be "that guy", but back in my day assholes and trolls were frowned upon and didn't get to raid or join groups with other players (except other assholes and trolls, of course).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Community means nothing in the current state of the game.

Players can hit a button and join a bg/raid/dungeon, be a complete asshole, and it has absolutely no consequence whatsoever in the slightest.
    Just finished posting in another thread about botting where almost every single post flamed the OP for reporting his friend who refused to stop using bots.
    the fact is: the "community" is in a state where everyone who doesn't support shit like that gets yelled at while the guys ruining the game for tons of other players are tolerated.
    Players(bots) who should be removed from the game permanently aren't thus frustrating "normal" players who then cba to farm themselves and go cheat themselves.
    In a game where basically everyone around you cheats and acts like a dick it gets hard to stay friendly
    Last edited by mmocf9649a7a89; 2013-09-30 at 10:44 AM.