So I just hit 90. Now what?

After getting MoP on Friday, I just hit 90 this evening, and I'm not entirely sure where to go from here. I blew through a handful of heroics because of epic geared tanks and DPS, and while no spirit cloth dropped (at all...) I managed to buy some of the base JP gear and get my item level up to 455.

Are there any decent trinkets or gear pieces I should be going after? My trinkets right now are normal Vial and the Darkmoon Card spirit trinket (can't remember its name).

Been using Holy so far, and it seems decent enough. I did try Disc while I was leveling, but found that Atonement drained my mana very fast.

Also, how exactly does this "Timeless Isle" stuff work? Is it just dailies or something? I've heard you can get 496 epics from it, but I didn't have much time to really explore the place before I had to log off for the night.

Oh, and the legendary cape- is it worth it to attempt getting that? Or is it just too late into the expansion? I heard it takes something like 5-6 months to get it?

Go to timeless isle and get free 496 item level. Queue up for the new LFR and afk through it to get even more loot. Have Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Solidsteel View Post
    Go to timeless isle and get free 496 item level. Queue up for the new LFR and afk through it to get even more loot. Have Fun!
    Ehh...don't I need to get my item level up to 496 to do the newest LFR? I'm not entirely sure how "item level" works, because when it was released, I had no need to worry about it as I was in a heroic raiding guild. Getting a single piece of 496 gear bumps your ilvl up to 496 so that you can use LFR?

Timeless Isle gives you full 496 gear just from riding around opening boxes.

Timeless Isle gives you full 496 gear just from riding around opening boxes.
    Hrm, yeah...I walked into a cave and found a chest which gave me a 496 shoulder, but it has no spirit on it. Just stam/int/haste. Random rolls, it seems. Oh well, 496 with no spirit > 458 with spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Hrm, yeah...I walked into a cave and found a chest which gave me a 496 shoulder, but it has no spirit on it. Just stam/int/haste. Random rolls, it seems. Oh well, 496 with no spirit > 458 with spirit.
    No worries, blizzard will probably give you 4 more shoulders so hopefully you'll roll one with spirit. Make sure you haven't set your loot specialization to a non-healing one or it might not roll spirit for you.

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...en-Chest-Guide

Just go around grabbing chests for gear. There is also a chest up at the sanctuary that gives a guaranteed Burden uf Eternity, which will give you a ilvl 535 (random stats) item for whichever slot you chose (use it on an "un-popped" armor/jewelry piece, does nät work on trinkets).

Also, make sure you try to get a kill on each of the big elites on the Isle each, as they have a chance to drop burdens too, in particular:
    - Evermaw (swims in circles around the isle)
    - Ship (Northwest shore, jsut north of the Horde Landing)
    - Houlon (Blazing way, check your map. Also drops a mount)
    - Cinderfall (On the broken bridge at the end of the Blazing Way)
    - Arch-whatever of Flame (Just north of the arena, spawned with an item)

Most "rares" spawn every hour and only has a chance to give actual loot the first time you kill them every day, but will continue to drop coins for multiple kills

No worries, blizzard will probably give you 4 more shoulders so hopefully you'll roll one with spirit. Make sure you haven't set your loot specialization to a non-healing one or it might not roll spirit for you.
    How exactly do I "set my loot specialization" ? I switched to my Holy spec before using the item, but with shoulders and now a belt, it gave me a non-spirit piece both times. The tooltip on the item did say "Holy".

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    How exactly do I "set my loot specialization" ? I switched to my Holy spec before using the item, but with shoulders and now a belt, it gave me a non-spirit piece both times. The tooltip on the item did say "Holy".
    I think the stats are pretty random and not at all optimal. I got tons more spirit than I could use on my Shadow Priest. For classes like Paladin you probably notice the difference, but for priest they are gonna be fairly similar across all specs because none of the stats are completely useless for another spec.

I don't think you need spirit on every piece, remember you can also reforge to spirit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also it doesn't matter so much if you are in 'shadow' loot spec as it will give you spirit items it seems. Had them a few times when accidentally loot specced to shadow, so I assume the game has spirit down as a stat for shadow through the spi=hit mechanic.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Goddamn! Walked around the island for about an hour and a half, using those TomTom waypoints, and got 7 epics. Jeez. I didn't think it was literally "walk around and open chests to get free epics" !

Moving on then; Holy vs Disc. Which one is better for raids? I'm more of a Holy guy myself, but is Disc any better? I just remember back in 4.2/4.3, Disc was much better than Holy for a majority of raid encounters. (though mostly because Holy's regen was shit and Disc's was OP)

Deleted
    With some luck you can gear up incredibly quickly on the isle. My mage went from 470ish to 520+ in like 5 days of playing an hour or so each day, killing the rares i described above. She's now 532 from doing nothing but timeless rares and LFR (one run in each so far)

My Priest got even more Burdens (I spent more time on her admitedly though) but got terrible rolls with haste on almost every single piece (I'm disc). :/

Edit: Both specs are viable, so just go with whatever playstyle you prefer. Holy still wants a lot of spirit while as disc you really don't. I've reforged out of almost as much as i could (if an item has haste+spirit i reforge haste instead) and ended up with 7400 i think.
    Last edited by mmoc1b009d603f; 2013-09-30 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    With some luck you can gear up incredibly quickly on the isle. My mage went from 470ish to 520+ in like 5 days of playing an hour or so each day, killing the rares i described above. She's now 532 from doing nothing but timeless rares and LFR (one run in each so far)

My Priest got even more Burdens (I spent more time on her admitedly though) but got terrible rolls with haste on almost every single piece (I'm disc). :/

Edit: Both specs are viable, so just go with whatever playstyle you prefer. Holy still wants a lot of spirit while as disc you really don't. I've reforged out of almost as much as i could (if an item has haste+spirit i reforge haste instead) and ended up with 7400 i think.
    A friend geared his shaman to 531 with under 1 day played at 90...
    And I still see people complaining about how they can't get past 480 ilvl >.<