Switching to DW few questions

Switching back after quite a long spell as 2h Frost. So any helpers for a few questions would be greatly appreciated plus couple references for addons.

1. What is a good addon to monitor runes? I've used CLC DK and dont' like it at all. I'm looking for something that shows just the runes, basic that can fit in middle of screen but not take up ton of area.

2. So Obliterate I understand if using Death runes is good but for the most part other than proccing RIME, is Frost Strike what should be used especially with KM up?

3. Right now I'm still gemmed for strength only on red ones, should I switch to str/mastery? I wouldn't think so as Str is still key stat but curious?

4. I'm currently Mastery - 11,897, Crit - 6,461 , and Haste - 5,714. I do really good dps compared to most any group or guild I run with but I know I'm not maximizing rune usage without a good quality addon to help. So any advice in moving back to DW would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    1.) I have a WA string, but there are addons that do it too. Actually, currently I'm using ElvUI rune bar.

2.) OB is only used as DW to dump UH runes, generally before you use BT so that the spent UH rune comes back as a death rune to spend on a HB. FS is what you use KM procs on.

3.) Sim it. For me, mastery was only slightly over the SEP of mastery at around .52. But I also don't have tier set or thoks trinket, and have rather bad weapons.

It def felt way different than 2h or UH, but now that I've (kinda) got the hang of it its rather fun, although my 2 key gets worn out from spamming howling blast.

1. I use Magic Runes. Easy to use and simple.
    2. Just to dump UH runes as the guy above me said. KM is used on Frost Strike.
    3. Depends on your iLevel and Stat weights. I've been purely Masterfrost since 5.4 launched due to my 548 iLevel but that's just me.

Overall DW isn't a complex spec but if you're using Plague Leech and Blood Tap it can be.

I namely say this because if you use those talents and utilize them properly your damage can be insane. Also, my suggestion is get Glyph of Loud Winter. It makes the CD on your HoW an extra 20 seconds but it also gives you a free Frost Strike in the process. Pop it on KM procs if you're at a lul where Runes are recharging or something of the sort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I'm going to add to this with my own question as I don't want to create a new thread with dw questions. I finally got another 1H, granted i'm using a 530 1H as well but just seeing the fact that I got a 1h made me happy to be able to get into dw again. I Simmed myself and mastery is simming just slightly ahead of strength(in a 2-1 sense like the gems). I then went over to AMR and optimized my character and it said to change all my yellow gems and jeweler gems to mastery. Granted I only have 9000 mastery, 9700 crit and 3750 haste. SimC is telling me that mastery > haste >=crit. So I'm wondering if I should get more haste and just mastery stack in yellow slots. And no I dont have two piece or either trinket.

My statweights on patchwerk fight are str 5.7, mastery 2.99, haste 2.41 crit 2.31. So I'm not 100% sure what to do here.

Just changed the reforge on some of my things and I know have 8300 crit, 9400 mastery and 4750 haste. Simming that my stat priorities on a patchwerk fight go to strength 5.85, mastery 3.07, crit 2.42 haste 2.32. So again would going pure mastery for yellow sockets be worth it?
    Last edited by valliant13; 2013-09-30 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methosmv View Post
    Switching back after quite a long spell as 2h Frost. So any helpers for a few questions would be greatly appreciated plus couple references for addons.

1. What is a good addon to monitor runes? I've used CLC DK and dont' like it at all. I'm looking for something that shows just the runes, basic that can fit in middle of screen but not take up ton of area.

2. So Obliterate I understand if using Death runes is good but for the most part other than proccing RIME, is Frost Strike what should be used especially with KM up?

3. Right now I'm still gemmed for strength only on red ones, should I switch to str/mastery? I wouldn't think so as Str is still key stat but curious?

4. I'm currently Mastery - 11,897, Crit - 6,461 , and Haste - 5,714. I do really good dps compared to most any group or guild I run with but I know I'm not maximizing rune usage without a good quality addon to help. So any advice in moving back to DW would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    xperls unit frames shows the runes right on the character frame.