Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Who is actually going to buy a Sky Golem for a ton of gold?

So one of my friends and I were discussing the other night how much the Sky Golem might go for, etc etc, but I got to thinking, is it really going to sell for more than like 30k? It just seems like most players who have a lot of gold would have been aware that the mount was coming out and be able to make their own. If they didn't have an engineer, leveling it takes about 3 hrs and 10k gold. I know this is a biased sample, as readers of this forum probably are all going to make their own, but I am curious if there are any of you who do plan on buying the Sky Golem when it is available and if so, how much would you pay for it?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    doesnt matter high pop servers will ahve a shit ton pumped out on 30 day mark thent he chinese will dupe them n well all get one for 10k (panthers sandstone drake)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

They'll be around 30-40k when they appear. You wont see any below 25 for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidsteel View Post
    They'll be around 30-40k when they appear. You wont see any below 25 for a long time.
    40k seems EXTREMELY low

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah 30-40k sounds about right with a very few initially being put up for 100k then lowered shortly after lol.

No way, Jose. I'm building my own. Already got at least 20 Energy Sources and 30 Living Steel

All depends on the ratio of buyers vs sellers. I bet a lot of people are crafting the mats every day so there will be an explosion when it's finally craftable. But yeah considering they take a month to make unless you have a huge pile of raid mats, I'd say 30-40k is very cheap. I'm thinking 100k+.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SaburoDaimando View Post
    No way, Jose. I'm building my own. Already got at least 20 Energy Sources and 30 Living Steel
    I have two engineers working on it ^_^

My only concern: will I ever be able to stop making Golems long enough to make the pets? :S
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    40k seems EXTREMELY low
    Why does that seem low, the materials total cost around 15-20k (that's being generous). People act like the 30 energy sources will drive the price up and that isn't true at all. You can't use them for anything other than the pet which nobody will be making for a while so all it is is a few stacks of ghost iron.

It's very unlikely you'll see it sold for that low. The hefty Living Steel cost and 30 day time sink to craft it means that people will expect a return. If it ends up not selling well, you won't likely see many of them on the auction house. People will just use theirs, instead.

I've seen them pre-ordered in trade for 200k, 40k seems very low. The first batch will sell for the most since its a 30 day CD and you would be getting it on the first day they are available. I do assume they will drop down to 30k eventually though, maybe a bit more since it is a 30 day CD after all.

30k gold is piss easy to come by really. :P

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Making my own. So not going to be buying one at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidsteel View Post
    Why does that seem low, the materials total cost around 15-20k (that's being generous). People act like the 30 energy sources will drive the price up and that isn't true at all. You can't use them for anything other than the pet which nobody will be making for a while so all it is is a few stacks of ghost iron.
    Thats 30 days of time, no way around it no way to use someone elses CDs. Very few people that are engineers, and are max level, and have gotten that book are going to do it every day. The ones that do will likely give in halfway through and make a pet. The other half are making it for themselves. The supply will be pretty damn low and that will let engineers totally control the price. Im guessing its going to be 50k+. I dont see people selling it for 30 unless they are making it for a friend or something
    Last edited by Thrive; 2013-09-30 at 04:51 AM.

Time sink??? lol....no more than 5 mins a day for crafting materials, if that. People will spend a ton of gold in the beginning just to have one to be "cool". Give it a few months and they will be <25k.
    In a world of deceit, open your eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no intent on buying one.

Granted, I've missed a few cooldowns here and there thanks to work, but I'll have one of my own eventually. followed by Rascalbot and Pierre.

After that, I may make one to sell
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

If they only go for 30k I probably wont sell my first one, I'll just use it.

It all depends on supply and demand. How many Engineers on your server have been crafting daily to get one up on the AH @ the 30 day mark, and how many people are buying? 3 Sellers to 1 buyer? Race to the bottom, 1 Seller to 3 buyers? Watch the prices hold steady.

I'll list mine extremely high on the first week and see who bites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly everyone I know is making one to sell so it wouldn't surprise me if a zillion got listed after 30 days, very few sold, and most people ended up just learning it for themselves because the market is too flooded to sell.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Thrive View Post
    Thats 30 days of time, no way around it no way to use someone elses CDs. Very few engineers that are engineers, and are max level, and have gotten that book are going to do it every day. The ones that do will likely fold in halfway through and make a pet. The other large majority are making it for themselves. The supply will be pretty damn low and that in turn puts engineers in total control, and that drives up the price. Im guessing its going to be 40k+. I dont see people selling it for 30 unless they are making it for a friend or something
    Correction, nearly EVERY engineer who has gotten the book will be doing it every day. Anybody who is making this for themselves and is rational will sell their first one and make another one to learn. The first people may list at around 50k, but you are seriously underestimating the flood of supply on day 30 unless you're on a dead server. The daily cooldown means nothing because you can't use on anything but the Sky Golem (and the pet which a very low amount of people might make.) I have 3 engineers and will be selling all 3 so I'm hoping for high prices but really, I don't see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    my daily routine:

log to DK, farm 140 Ghost Iron ore, smelt to 70 bars, sell any Trillium ore I found, send bars to shaman (Engineer and Alchemist), do Jards, make 6 Trillium Bars, make 1 Living Steel, log to other characters and do other things.

Total gold cost to me, nearly zero. It costs 1s20c per day to mail the Ghost Iron bars to shaman
    Total time cost to me, anywhere from 15 to 30 hours, depending on how congested my Ghost Iron farm path is and how often I feel like killing the new Golden Lotus rares
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

id be pretty suprised if they go for much over 50k. the first few might, but most people i know have no intention of paying gold for one.