Simcraft is being all flippy-floppy

Hey fellas!

I've been using Simcraft for some time but have only now noticed that it changes stat weights around after you reforge/gem/enchant based on its previous results and it's sort of throwing me through a loop for Unholy DK in regards to Mastery and Haste.

So far, I've run it three times after adhering to the stat weights it provided:

Crit--Haste-Mastery (10k iterations)
    2.97-2.98---2.67 (first)
    3.30-2.66---2.77 (second)
    3.03-2.86---2.62 (third)

Bear in mind, the 'simulated' difference between the above is ~3k dps and I do not have the T16 2pc yet.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

This has nothing to do with SimulationCraft.

Scale Factors or Stat Weights are only valid in a area around the gear you created them with, independent of the tool you use. If you change your gear, you need to recalculate stat weights. I can recommend reading about Linear approximation on Wikipedia to get a sense of what those scale factors you're using are.

If you are at a point where scale factors for two stats are about equal, Reforge Plots are recommended to obtain more exact information where they exactly have equal marginal value.

Take a look at this link: http://www.destinysoftworks.com/2013...ity-in-54.html

Mendenbarr spells it all out, but the TL : DR is Balance.

Similar to how agility classes that use RoRo, you want to get all of your stats to as close to even as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delti View Post
    If Forgettable knew what he was doing with his keyboard, I would totally kick his ass in dps!
    ^ My guild leader while drunk.