Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know I'm honestly surprised people do not believe that shit is another game lol hence we don't count them in the actual race.

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    You know I'm honestly surprised people do not believe that shit is another game lol hence we don't count them in the actual race.
    I am too. But the moment it starts being considered the same as US/EU WoW, you'll simply see all those big guilds live on Asian realms for the bennies.

That being said, the Asia WoW leaderboard should be linked in the same post that links the Non-Asia leaderboard. It's a different game and yea, it's objectively easier to do certain things (like beat HGAR10), but it's objectively harder to do other things. It should be up there in the same post, with a note that AsiaWoW and US/EU WoW have enough differences to make the world first race entirely separate.

also, noone outside china can read their names?

Quote Originally Posted by purefury View Post
    also, noone outside china can read their names?
    Sure we can.
    Player A is Ling Ding, Player B is Ding Ling, Player C is Ling Bing, etc.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-09-30 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I am too. But the moment it starts being considered the same as US/EU WoW, you'll simply see all those big guilds live on Asian realms for the bennies.

That being said, the Asia WoW leaderboard should be linked in the same post that links the Non-Asia leaderboard. It's a different game and yea, it's objectively easier to do certain things (like beat HGAR10), but it's objectively harder to do other things. It should be up there in the same post, with a note that AsiaWoW and US/EU WoW have enough differences to make the world first race entirely separate.
    I see what you mean, but I disagree. MMOC is essentially a west-WoW fansite. Posting the east-WoW boards would be a little like posting golf scores on a football fansite. See what I mean?

That's only because there's a language barrier. But that's surmountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Sure we can.
    Player A is Ling Ding, Player B is Ding Ling, Player C is Ling Bing, etc.
    Most people in China have more unique in game names then American players. You may have xxLegolasxx while we have "The wolf has returned" and Wolf dressed in sheep's clothing/October Cat/Small sunflower etc.

What is hilarious is things like the Guo Lai Ruins (aka: Come Here Ruins).

ps: The Chinese guild's name is Apocalypse in English.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    The only difference was the ilevel. Only difference. Boss HP and damage was the same, just ilevel differences. If you think that makes it "a different game" I question your intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Most people in China have more unique in game names then American players. You may have xxLegolasxx while we have "The wolf has returned" and Wolf dressed in sheep's clothing/October Cat/Small sunflower etc.

What is hilarious is things like the Guo Lai Ruins (aka: Come Here Ruins).

ps: The Chinese guild's name is Apocalypse in English.

- - - Updated - - -

The only difference was the ilevel. Only difference. Boss HP and damage was the same, just ilevel differences. If you think that makes it "a different game" I question your intelligence.
    Okay then, the same game that some people are playing by different rules. Rules that let them, I don't know, try 3 times more often and get better gear.

Let method do H garrosh 3 times this week and see how quick they get banned.

Sorry, different race. Straight up.

China armory is not providing API to fetch progress and character data

Quote Originally Posted by danuraya View Post
    any reason why they can upgrade 4 times while all other players can only upgrade 2 times? any other funny benefits the asians have before all others?

check the guys from the garrosh hc defeat guild. i was wondering how they could be on 573+ ilvl while all other top 10 guilds "creep" around 560+ ....
    They basically have higher ilvl to begin with, 25m hc is scaled a bit harder but 10 is the same. There are seperate lockouts for 10 and 25, meaning they gear a lot faster too.

That's it I think. As to the logic, I don't understand it. I believe it's made on steoretypes rather than anything else, "asians game a lot" or some sort of bullshit. I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by LurkerOnly View Post
    Okay then, the same game that some people are playing by different rules. Rules that let them, I don't know, try 3 times more often and get better gear.

Let method do H garrosh 3 times this week and see how quick they get banned.

Sorry, different race. Straight up.

OH, OK. Is it illegal to do more than one attempt pr. week on a raid boss? I don't know how you raid, but when my guild wipe on a boss, we go back in and attempt one more time. And if we wipe again, we go back in to try one more time!

Of course, if Blizzard added some kind of attempt restriction on bosses in SoO, then I'm f*cking wrong.
    Last edited by Sfenik; 2013-09-30 at 08:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulus View Post
    Because people are sore losers who make excuses.
    So ignorant, i bet you would cheer if your sports team won but was all roided out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by royane View Post
    OH, OK. Is it illegal to do more than one attempt pr. week on a raid boss? I don't know how you raid, but when my guild wipe on a boss, we go back in and attempt one more time. And if we wipe again, we go back in to try one more time!

Of course, if Blizzard added some kind of attempt restriction on bosses in SoO, then I'm f*cking wrong.
    They didn't say attempt h-garrosh, they said do as in "execute the encounter and kill the boss for loot".
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    They basically have higher ilvl to begin with, 25m hc is scaled a bit harder but 10 is the same. There are seperate lockouts for 10 and 25, meaning they gear a lot faster too.

That's it I think. As to the logic, I don't understand it. I believe it's made on steoretypes rather than anything else, "asians game a lot" or some sort of bullshit. I don't know.
    Well not only that. China players pay by the hour not by monthly sub. Blizzard gives them split lockouts in 10 and 25 to keep them playing and therefore paying for longer each week. They essentially double their revenue income from Chinese raiders by allowing this. Sound business decision from Blizzard which also comes across as giving the players more to do for their enjoyment.

There'd be something "illegal" (bad usage of that word) about getting loot from the 13 bosses leading up to garrosh 3 times in one week on a west server, yeah.

Blizz finds out let's just say Blood Legion got 3 chances at the loot on the first 13 bosses of SoO next week, how long you think that guild will be banned for?
    That's what the Asia servers get to do.
    It's a different freaking game, let it go.

OH, OK. Is it illegal to do more than one attempt pr. week on a raid boss?
    He meant kills, they can kill Garrosh twice, once in 10H and once in 25H, and all the bosses prior meaning they can get double the amount loot. How would Asia like it if they could only kill Heroic bosses once and Method could go and kill Heroic bosses 3 times and get 3 times as much gear as Asia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Quote Originally Posted by LurkerOnly View Post
    There'd be something "illegal" (bad usage of that word) about getting loot from the 13 bosses leading up to garrosh 3 times in one week on a west server, yeah.

Blizz finds out let's just say Blood Legion got 3 chances at the loot on the first 13 bosses of SoO next week, how long you think that guild will be banned for?
    That's what the Asia servers get to do.
    It's a different freaking game, let it go.
    Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    He meant kills, they can kill Garrosh twice, once in 10H and once in 25H, and all the bosses prior meaning they can get double the amount loot. How would Asia like it if they could only kill Heroic bosses once and Method could go and kill Heroic bosses 3 times and get 3 times as much gear as Asia.
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    They didn't say attempt h-garrosh, they said do as in "execute the encounter and kill the boss for loot".

Now, how would you go about downing Garrosh multiple times prior to world first kill? If he meant that Asian guilds can do all bosses leading up to Garrosh multiple times a week, then maybe he shouldn't have included Garrosh as an example. You don't down H Garrosh for loot, so you can down H Garrosh for world first.

However, I stand corrected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulus View Post
    Because people are sore losers who make excuses.
    Pretty much this.

The majority of hardcore raiding is by people with too much free time / teenagers that don't work. Usually whiny little brats.

Asian realms have resets twice a week and split lockouts on 10 and 25. Asian realms have 25 man gear start at 2/4 upgrades so when a West guild gets gear at 566 ilvl to drop, they get it at 574. West guild can upgrade it to 574, they can upgrade it to 582. Their 25 mans are harder, but the world first was on 10 man from an Asian guild, so it was the same.

Also, how asian guild get it two resets and two lockouts twice a week they can get: 14 bosses that drop 2 pieces each = 28 pieces + 1 from Garrosh. 29 pieces in 10 man, twice a week is 58 pieces of gear. In 25 man they would get 5? pieces of gear + 1 on garrosh? I don't raid 25s. 14x5 = 70 + 2? from garrosh 72 pieces, 2 locksouts is 144 pieces. Now their 25 man gear comes at a higher ilvl and their 10 mans are the same as on west.

A US 10H guild gets a total of 29 pieces in one week. Asian guilds can get 202 pieces of gear in one week. Asian guilds gear up 7 times faster, and 80% of their gear is higher ilvl than ours. That is why they aren't counted in the world first race, specially in 10 mans.

Deleted
    The asian guilds just work harder than the others. The others could choose to work harder too but instead they choose to just exclude the asian guilds from their race. That's one way to be world "number one" I suppose. It's a bit like calling the world series winners "world champions" of baseball when they're really just US champions.