Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation FFA PvP graveyard camping completely ruining the Timeless Isle?

This has been happening since 5.4 got released.

Organized groups of well geared PvPers would camp pretty much every graveyard (spirit rezzer) on the island - even on the PvE servers i play on...

Regardless of where you die, you are taken to the nearby graveyard - as soon as you are ressed, there are ~10 well organized/geared people instantly CCing and bursting you down.

This gets repeated over and over and over and over again, for literally hours.

The gankers do not get any blood coins at all - all they do is endlessly grief and gank at these graveyards, and you are unable to do anything to stop it.

Your corpse is right there on the graveyard, so you are unable to ress anywhere else - all the graveyards are camped, so running in ghost form to a different graveyard will not save you what so ever.

People who are trying to hunt down the rares are usually poorly PvE geared and quite possibly just reached level 90 - so there is ZERO chance of those random individuals ever organizing and successfully combating the well geared/organized graveyard camping teams that even have dedicated healers.

Waiting for these gankers to leave simply does not work - they are there until 4 AM, and i can't wait (got a job in morning) till 4 AM to log in, HS out and escape this permanent graveyard camp.
    Not to mention that i want to actually play through the Timeless Isle - and not be 100% lock out of ever seeing anything on the isle because a single death means going back to a permanent graveyard camp.

Only solution a player can do is log on a different character or log out of WoW completely - and that is completely unacceptable, to have groups of 5-10 players completely DENYING any form of playing experience for anyone else on the island is the highest form of griefing.

I got only an hour or two to play during the day, after work, and the only thing i need in WoW atm is the Timeless Isle for my alts - and these jackasses are 100% denying me any possibility to play... i payed 13e for my game time and i frikkin expect to be able to play, instead of being permanently locked into a graveyard with NO POSSIBILITY of escape.

I literally have 2 lvl90 alts who are unable to leave Timeless Isle - whenever i got time to log in and play, these 'tards are there camping and i can't HS out or do anything to escape the grave camp.

One thing is faction warfare and FFA pvp - a completely different thing is having organized GRIEF GROUPS who endlessly camp graveyards just to ruin other player's experience and deny any possibility for playing.

Blizzard needs to IMMEDIATELY implement that as long as you have the "recently sacrificed to ordos" 10 minute debuff you can not be attacked by players who are on the "ordos coin hunt", regardless of their faction.

Deleted
    "even on the PvE servers i play on."

Let the PvP flag run out?

10+ Year Old Account
    dont tag yourself for pvp? /shrug

The FFA pvpers can attack me regardless of my pvp flag?

At least it is so on the Normal and RP servers i play on? >.<

You cannot be attacked on a PvE realm unless you deliberately hit the Flagged player with either a white swing or a targeted ability.
    Can't have a crusade without crusader aura.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shetan View Post
    You cannot be attacked on a PvE realm unless you deliberately hit the Flagged player with either a white swing or a targeted ability.
    Not true. Cascade on an enemy mob will hit flagged players if you're not flagged, some cleaves also work.

Deleted
    This is bannable

You are not allowed to destory others game experience. Of course you can kill someone, multiple times, too. But this is absolutely forbidden.

Hes talking about the Blood coin thing, that makes you hostile to everyone. I assume it still makes you able to target anyone on a PVE realm, so his point is valid.

Deleted
    I am pretty sure that you cant be attacked by enemies or your own faction if you dont flag yourself for pvp or accidently hit them first and gets flagged.
    Even if that isnt true, which I seriously doubt, then I have never experienced any graveyard campers.

Deleted
    This sounds like a situation gone way too far, which server do you play on OP?

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    This is bannable

You are not allowed to destory others game experience. Of course you can kill someone, multiple times, too. But this is absolutely forbidden.
    No this is not Bannable i do it for years and never got banned only pathetic whispers of mercy and anger i like to camp humiliate and gank people for pleasure i like to see other players suffer sometime i will gank the same person for hours upon hours until he decide to leave the game

i don't care if u think its childish or bad or immoral or whatever i don't let other people opinions influence my decisions i will keep doing it until i quit wow

and there nothing u can do about it.

Deleted
    They can't attack you if you dont have pvp on, my cleaves have never accidentally hit them but i heard cascade is a little buggy at times.

Corpse camping isn't bannable, this is one of those "the risk of playing on a pvp server" kinda things, it's not like they're trying to crash a server or anything

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    QQ
    PvP on a PvP server is not considered griefing, staying flagged on a PvE server is your own fault.

Deleted
    Easy solution for stuff like this would be to add the same thing they had in Wintergrasp, put all graveyards on small hills/cliffs so you can't climb back up, and make everyone who is standing on the resurrection location invulnerable for as long as they do not move out of that spot. That way you can at the very least hearthstone out of there.

1 you can run to another graveyard healer while dead and res there
    2 you can quickly move out of the rest spot or cancel it untill they move to another spot
    3 you can move to a pve server and ensure you do everything possible to never flag
    4 you can get a group to help you and those others out
    5 log out and play another toon for a while
    6 i may have left something else out you can even do anyone have anymore input?
    7 probably if none of the above can help you and you are still upset wow is probably not the game for you

bring on the chaos in an mmo and keep it up if i'm not fighting for my characters life when exploring a huge world then something is wrong i haven't been paying since 2005 to play a single player game

on the maestrom us server it was dominated by horde with a 10 to 1 ratio we destroyed those alliance day in and day out raiding their towns all over the place taking any little action we could get. eventually they organized and grouped up and fought back giving me some of the greatest world pvp i have experienced with multiple 40 man raids groups going all out with one another crashing peoples computers lagging people out and just all over chaos and crazy fun

Quote Originally Posted by Goldeye View Post
    I am pretty sure that you cant be attacked by enemies or your own faction if you dont flag yourself for pvp or accidently hit them first and gets flagged.
    Even if that isnt true, which I seriously doubt, then I have never experienced any graveyard campers.
    Because Blizzard hasn't let bugs like that slip on to the live servers before... like when hunter snake traps would trigger on unflagged players and attack them or chi wave bouncing to other players or other nice things I have read about.

If you're playing on a PvE server:

1. Find out which skills are flagging you for PvP by mistake.
    2. Report this issue through In-game Submit a Bug.
    3. Play without that skill meanwhile.

I play on a PvE server and I see peeps all the time going batcrazy yelling "FOR THE GLORY OF ORDOS RAAAAWR!" and I was never attacked.

If you're playing on a PvP server:

1. Deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Not true. Cascade on an enemy mob will hit flagged players if you're not flagged.
    Not any more it won't, it was hotfixed a week or so ago and there was a blue notice about it.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-september-17/
    Last edited by Allatar; 2013-09-30 at 11:19 AM. Reason: add hotfix announcement link.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

This is the same whining I see all day on general chat. Some abilities may be glitchy and may hit flagged players, thereby accidentally flagging you, but otherwise you CANNOT be flagged without attacking a flagged person first, or toggling on PVP.

The simplest solution to your issue of being flagged is to sit your body when you die and wait for the flag timer to run out. You have six minutes in your corpse. Your flag runs out in five minutes. Take that time to go make a sandwich, visit the bathroom, walk around outside, check facebook, whatever. It's really not as terrible and gamebreaking of an element as you're making it out to be.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can decline the rez, run to other graveyard and get rezzed there.
    But it's not obvious at all - nothing in game would suggest that you can... IMO they should let people choose GY like in WinterGrasp.
    Right now, an unexperienced player can basically get "locked" in a corner and unable to even flee. Of course, some basic knowledge will let you escape, but a newbie can lose a lot of time there desperately trying just to escape.
    Old Gods made me do it.