Upgrading to a new desktop - Need assistance!

So I've found that my current desktop, as faithful as it has been, just doesn't have the power that current and upcoming games will need. I'm looking to either:

A) Upgrade parts in my current desktop to give it a power boost (better FPS in high graphic situations)

B) Get a completely new desktop including case.

My current computer specs are:
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7450
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Processor: Intel(R) core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology H61M-D2P-B3
    Power Supply: 750 watts Cooler Master
    If I were to take option A, what would that en-tale? A better graphics card and power supply?

If I were to take option B, I'd need enough power to run Wildstar and Final Fantasy IV on max settings without it being too pricey. I've got a budget of about 800-900 dollars.

Any input you have would be appreciated!
    Last edited by Gallowz; 2013-09-30 at 12:29 PM.

Well... for option A it depends on a lot. Start out by posting your entire current setup to see if some of your parts can be reused. And for option B. You can't get a PC for 900 dollars that can play Final Fantasy at max (Not in Denmark atleast... not sure about your country. You should also list that).

But link your current setup, could be that a simple graphics card upgrade would be enough, or you may require a whole new motherboard also to support a better CPU... and then you are pretty much at option B so yeah.

Wildstar is no doubt gonna prefer intel cpu's. Here is an ideal system specs without spending too much money:

4670k/3570k/2500k Any of these cpu's are fine.
    Gtx 760. Most mmo's slightly prefer nvidia but from the AMD side the 7950 gets a mention. Spending above this point is diminishing returns, these are sweet spot cards.
    8gb memory
    500-600w brand name psu (80+ bronze rated or higher)

There's never a need for option B unless your parts don't fit in your current case! After all, why replace your hard drives, optical drives etc if you just want more power?

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Well... for option A it depends on a lot. Start out by posting your entire current setup to see if some of your parts can be reused. And for option B. You can't get a PC for 900 dollars that can play Final Fantasy at max (Not in Denmark atleast... not sure about your country. You should also list that).

But link your current setup, could be that a simple graphics card upgrade would be enough, or you may require a whole new motherboard also to support a better CPU... and then you are pretty much at option B so yeah.
    Ah I didn't think about listing those things! I'm in the United States with access to Amazon Prime.

My specs are:
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7450
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Processor: Intel(R) core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology H61M-D2P-B3
    Power Supply: 750 watts Cooler Master

Honestly you just need a graphics card, i3 is fine for pretty much any game. If you wanna go cheap grab a 2gb 650ti boost edition, 160 bucks or so play pretty much any game at high or ultra.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Honestly you just need a graphics card, i3 is fine for pretty much any game. If you wanna go cheap grab a 2gb 650ti boost edition, 160 bucks or so play pretty much any game at high or ultra.
    Interesting. You're sure my powersupply and CPU can handle a higher end graphics card without it burning itself up?

lol yes. You could run your cpu and a 650ti boost edition off a 400 watt power supply easy. i3's are really good cpu's, but your current graphics card is lower than entry level.

Wow, awesome, thanks for the info.

I guess my last question then is - Will that card fit in my case alongside my motherboard? My case isn't small but it isn't huge either. I've heard that the card you're suggesting is rather big! I've got about 10.5 inches wide in my case to work with.

This is the model i would suggest:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127728

Specs say it is 9.25" long so shouldnt be a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Make sure to link your case just to be sure tho. Some cases from manufacturers are odd and have things facing the wrong ways lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Proprietary was the word i was looking for : )

Thats actually a decent case for 30 bucks lol.

And ya, it'll fit fine if you end up buying one ; )

Haha awesome! I really appreciate the help man. I just bought the card you suggested and I'm stoked!

Nice you should be happy with that card, best bang for the buck on the market atm. Post here if ya got any more questions.