Heroic Spoils of Pandaria 10

We put two hours into this fight so far and are just about getting through the first room pretty consistently. We are using bloodlust on the first massive in the second room, but still seem to be behind on the second half of the fight.

I'm sure we'll see improvement after reaching the second room a few more times, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips for maximizing the transition and second room dps.

Our general strat so far is:

Mogu Side do both monks followed by the massives back to back. Do mediums with one to two smalls up at a time until finished.

Mantid side do both monks followed by one massive. Do mediums and smalls until at 36 energy. Pull second massive.
    Aerzara, Discipline Priest
    <Modest> 14/14H - US 2nd 10m Guild

Deleted
    your mantid strategy is solid but i would avoid medium boxes in mogu room.

how we did it:
    2 pandas
    1 massive (pop bloodlust, cds and open a few small boxes too)
    chain-open all remaining small boxes (except 2), focus urns
    1 massive (1.5-2min CDs should be read here again)
    2 medium

Does anyone have any idea how exactly the unstable sparks spawn work? We put in a little bit of time into the fight but never tested it out.

Does it spawn an unstable spark in the other quadrant whenever you kill something titan-powered? I.E. 1 for a small, medium, or large?

Also I have watched vids of people only doing one large and then doing the rest of the small/medium boxes, but if it works like the above, doesn't the other side get flooded with sparks? Is it easier to do just one large and then only medium/smalls time wise at the cost of making it harder on the other side?

Quote Originally Posted by Angelicat View Post
    Does anyone have any idea how exactly the unstable sparks spawn work? We put in a little bit of time into the fight but never tested it out.

Does it spawn an unstable spark in the other quadrant whenever you kill something titan-powered? I.E. 1 for a small, medium, or large?

Also I have watched vids of people only doing one large and then doing the rest of the small/medium boxes, but if it works like the above, doesn't the other side get flooded with sparks? Is it easier to do just one large and then only medium/smalls time wise at the cost of making it harder on the other side?
    everytime you kill something in room A a spark will spwan in room B

spark only becomes problematic when your group is killing a large add but other room is sending you sparksx5

it only has 1mil hp on 10man

we just killed all large+medium 4small iirc (this is just how we do it but other guilds might have better ways to do it :P)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Anybody else wants to share combinations in the rooms? (how much and what boxes you are opening) in 10m preferebly!

I Saw that in Mantid room you can open all boxes except 1 Large. Is that viable?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is more efficient to use cds to burn down large than a bunch of medium + smalls that counts for same energy but spawns a lot more sparks. So the idea of these strat is to do pandas, then burn 1st large with hero/cd + some small, then open enough medium+small until 36, then burn down 2nd large with cd. Assuming you do both large, then it's only necessary to do minimum of 2 mediums. Mogu medium is far more annoying than mantid.

Any strategy I've seen involving 2x large has taken significantly more DPS than 1x large and then mediums/smalls until the end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    spark only becomes problematic when your group is killing a large add but other room is sending you sparksx5
    It's pretty easy when you tank the large ones at the middle of the room next to where Sparks spawn and cleave them down.

Deleted
    All of you guys who have done it on 10m, your advice would be to do: Pandas x 2 ---> Large ---> Medium/Small until 36 energy ---> Large

And we should avoid the Medium ones in the Mogu room, right ?

Quick related question, what was easier for you: Malkorok HC or Spoils HC ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen 2 different ways of doing it for most but I'm not sure which one is better.
    In both cases, you pull some smalls to cleave down.

1. 2x pandas -> large -> small/medium till 36 -> large
    2. 2x pandas -> large -> all of small/medium.

It isn't that medium one in mogu room is bad, it's that the anima golem is bad. The other one is pretty harmless if you get it.

Watching a lot of vids, it seemed everyone just followed a set order of killing whatever they were comfortable with in both rooms. We tried that for a while but we were getting overwhelmed on one side most of the time and not making the enrage most times in one group, so we decided to try something kind of different.

We "alternated" doing stuff on each side. Basically, we would have both groups pop both pandas, but then one group would do their boss first while the other did mediums/smalls. What this did was made it so that the group doing their boss could tank him in the middle and just cleave sparks down with their buffs, and the other group didn't have to worry about sparks at all and are able to cleave their small/mediums down. When one group was about to kill their boss, they would start killing smalls/medium while the other would pop their boss and pretty much alternate in that sense.

We got a kill shortly after having never made it to the next room with both groups before. The controlled aspect of knowing when sparks will spawn (while being able to cleave them with the help of everyone) helps with boss dps and medium/small cleave dps since you aren't force to waste dps on a target swap to sparks at a bad time depending on how many the other group sends over.

Of course it wasn't 100% controlled though, if your group is ahead, you should pop boxes accordingly. The key is still the speed at which you do the room. We always aimed to do both bigs, and all the mediums + 4 smalls.

I think this worked out better for us in the end. 10 man btw.
    Last edited by Angelicat; 2013-10-07 at 12:56 PM.