Assistance on Blood DPS - Questions on Optimizing

I am trying to Maximize my dps in blood.

Ive seen other blood tanks doing much more dps than me, and similar survivability so I am sure I'm missing something.

So I have some questions and figure this is the place to ask them.

Rune Strike: Is Rune strike priority over Heart Strike? ... In some parses, I see the DK using Heart Strike once every 8 seconds, rather than twice.
    He seemed to keep a blood rune up at all times. He focused on Rune Strike, and Death Strikes. the fight he was in was half as long as our kill (siegecrafter).
    And he had the same DS/RS ... but like 1/4th as many heart strikes. His dps was twice or more than my own. I feel like RS was pushing his Runic Corruption into overdrive, and this is what provided more DS. ... I just cannot figure out why he holds his Blood Runes. (he only blood boiled once the whole fight... which seems odd to me, he did keep diseases up, but he also has festering blood glyph)

Cloaks/Chants/Meta - Should I be using the Tank or DPS cloak? Tank or DPS meta? Tank or DPS shoulder/pants chants? Tank or DPS Weapon chant?
    I Currently use almost the opposite of what he uses. I use Tank cloak/Meta but DPS-Chants ... he uses DPS cloak and Meta, with Tank Chants. I cannot tell if this is purely preference or fight by fight specific. Overall I feel the tank cloak might be a waste most of the time, while the meta is really useful. While the Fallen Crusader heals and str seem really balanced threat and dps wise, but with Parry adding to crit, im unsure. The Pants chants seem like a sure win, stam dodge, or str crit... stam is a pure dps loss. Only useful if im dying to the incoming damage, which I am not. Also dodge diminishing returns seem bad.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...equence/simple

(DK I'm using as an example of high dps, only one I know really): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malorne/Dk/simple
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    I am trying to Maximize my dps in blood.

Ive seen other blood tanks doing much more dps than me, and similar survivability so I am sure I'm missing something.

So I have some questions and figure this is the place to ask them.

Rune Strike: Is Rune strike priority over Heart Strike? ... In some parses, I see the DK using Heart Strike once every 8 seconds, rather than twice.
    He seemed to keep a blood rune up at all times. He focused on Rune Strike, and Death Strikes. the fight he was in was half as long as our kill (siegecrafter).
    And he had the same DS/RS ... but like 1/4th as many heart strikes. His dps was twice or more than my own. I feel like RS was pushing his Runic Corruption into overdrive, and this is what provided more DS. ... I just cannot figure out why he holds his Blood Runes. (he only blood boiled once the whole fight... which seems odd to me, he did keep diseases up, but he also has festering blood glyph)

Cloaks/Chants/Meta - Should I be using the Tank or DPS cloak? Tank or DPS meta? Tank or DPS shoulder/pants chants? Tank or DPS Weapon chant?
    I Currently use almost the opposite of what he uses. I use Tank cloak/Meta but DPS-Chants ... he uses DPS cloak and Meta, with Tank Chants. I cannot tell if this is purely preference or fight by fight specific. Overall I feel the tank cloak might be a waste most of the time, while the meta is really useful. While the Fallen Crusader heals and str seem really balanced threat and dps wise, but with Parry adding to crit, im unsure. The Pants chants seem like a sure win, stam dodge, or str crit... stam is a pure dps loss. Only useful if im dying to the incoming damage, which I am not. Also dodge diminishing returns seem bad.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...equence/simple

(DK I'm using as an example of high dps, only one I know really): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malorne/Dk/simple
    You're both on the same server. I think you'd get better information (and more quickly) if you just wait and ask him/her about it.

Joining the question - ever since the Vengence nerf it seems I can't run avoid avoidance gear (mind the pun). Since I pretty much reforge everything to mastery (I currently run with 178%) I only have a bit over 7% haste (unbuffed). I use the tanking meta, and the dps cloak (though I switch to tanking ones on spikey fights). I still use Spark of The Zandalar trinket and I have 2 pure hast gems, but still, my dps is really lacking.

Would love if anyone can look at my armory and offer some advice for bigger damage. Thanks.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%AFgen/simple
    Last edited by Blachshma; 2013-09-30 at 06:08 PM.

Deleted
    Diseases up -> Death Strike -> Rune Strike -> Death and Decay (if boss doesnt move for 10 seconds) -> Hearth Strike -> Blood Boil.
    That's the priority for the sake of maximizing dps. Though there is a bit a feel you need to have for using RS to not get runic capped instead of those 2 death runes for a Death Strike. But as a general rule when close to being runic capped: Death Strike if 4 death runes up (or close to being up), RS otherwise.

To clarify something that it seems you're misconstruing: Runeforge of Swordshattering doesn't increase riposte. Riposte only converts your dodge+parry rating to crit rating, so the only affect swordshattering has on dps is parryhaste and riposte uptime (but riposte is always up, even if you're actively tanking and you have 0 dodge+parry rating).

Edit: the dps cloak and the dps meta will each add between 7-11% damage over the course of a fight. Unless I actually plan to die, I wear the dps cloak. The tanking meta, I'd agree, is very solid mitigation and I find myself unwilling to part with it even though my group's been hitting enrage timers (going to try to drop other mitigation first and just hope another week's worth of gear is enough), but I think I could live without the tank meta too if it really came down to it.

Edit 2: Arekk left out siphon. Diseases up > Death Siphon (~90k AP with your weapon) > death strike >rune strike >D&D >heart strike > BB
    Keep in mind that with your 18k mastery, any reduction in death strike is a massive reduction in mitigation, so siphon would probably work better with an avoidance build.
    Last edited by chibichibiko; 2013-10-01 at 02:12 AM.