The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Considering watching the movie, anyone seen it? Personal opinions?

Note, I mean the 2006 version.
    Last edited by Narveid; 2013-09-30 at 04:07 PM.

It's pretty awesome. Feels almost too short, but well worth the watch.

Ah, thats good to hear, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I may not remember much about it, but I remember I enjoyed it.

Check out Summer Wars if you haven't already.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    Considering watching the movie, anyone seen it? Personal opinions?

Note, I mean the 2006 version.
    Amazing movie, but I didn't know there was another version of it aside from the 2006 version?

Also, this may be an unpopular opinion, but if you check out Summer Wars by the same guy.... don't watch it. Seriously, Summer Wars was terrible, or maybe I was just disappointed with how great Girl Who Leapt Through Time was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    I may not remember much about it, but I remember I enjoyed it.

Check out Summer Wars if you haven't already.
    I found Summer Wars to be vastly disappointing. There was just no emotional connection for me, and I sure as hell didn't care about the girl turning into a rabbit hybrid creature to PVP some giant cyber-monster, lol.
    Last edited by Mukki; 2013-09-30 at 05:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post

I found Summer Wars to be vastly disappointing. There was just no emotional connection for me, and I sure as hell didn't care about the girl turning into a rabbit hybrid creature to PVP some giant cyber-monster, lol.
    I didn't have an emotional connection to it, unless you count how I enjoyed the atmosphere/ambience and I was able to be immersed, that's what clicked for me.

And, haha yeah, a picture of part of the ending is used as a "my mind is full of F***" meme.

But if you think about it, it was more entertaining than Hollywood's hilariously bad depictions of GUI's/databases/hacking/interfaces/the net.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2013-09-30 at 06:24 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Amazing movie, but I didn't know there was another version of it aside from the 2006 version?

Also, this may be an unpopular opinion, but if you check out Summer Wars by the same guy.... don't watch it. Seriously, Summer Wars was terrible, or maybe I was just disappointed with how great Girl Who Leapt Through Time was.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if I'd say Summer Wars was particularly disappointing myself, but I do understand where you're coming from. Given that it's basically a remake of the Digimon OVA 'Our War Game', I really appreciated it from that angle.

But yeah, if I hadn't known that to begin with, I'd have only liked it for the animation and comedy/some of the whimsy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved it very much, you should definitely not miss out on that movie.
    Also summer wars was just as good, check that out like said above.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Thanks, I'll make sure to watch the movie then. I'll probably take a look at Summer Wars too, and make up my own opinion.