Predictions - Oct Nov dec

Three months until end of year, lets hear some wow related predictions good or bad, funny or sad.

I will setup a subscription at some point during those 3 months.

Blizzcon is November 8th. It is then we will hear about the next expansion with a downloadable beta very shortly after Blizzcon ends (a week or two).

I'm betting it will be called Heroes of the Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    I will setup a subscription at some point during those 3 months.

I'll likely do the opposite

People are dissapointed with Blizzcon
    People are disappointed with how heroic Garrosh looks
    People are disappointed with Hearthstone beta access
    People are disappointed with how the new Diablo expansion looks
    People are disappointed with the direction of WoW
    People are not disappointed with how much time they spent being disappointed with things.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Well, I'm sure Blizzcon will at least give us some solid details about the next expansion. I've heard some talk that there could potentially be one more patch left in MoP, but that's all been speculation with nothing official so far. Either way, with Blizzcon happening in November, I'm sure we'll hear something interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm assuming there will be the big announcement, then some panels explaining what to expect and then maybe some fun beta stuff shortly after that?

i think we're still ages away from an actual release, and for once i dont think it will be around christmas time! yay
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i'm assuming there will be the big announcement, then some panels explaining what to expect and then maybe some fun beta stuff shortly after that?

i think we're still ages away from an actual release, and for once i dont think it will be around christmas time! yay
    i think 2 months after Christmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I would guess the expansion will come out right about the time Wildstar is released.

I fully expect an expansion to be announced at this year's Blizzcon and for it to be about the Legion. If it's not, that's fine. It'll certainly be brought up constantly in the next expansion like it has this one; but it's fairly likely.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    I would guess the expansion will come out right about the time Wildstar is released.
    Everyone will be downloading Hearthstone for free.

All 25 million (ex) WoW players.

A catastrophe for the so called competition as Blizzard will include HUGE advantages for active WoW subscribers...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    People are dissapointed with Blizzcon
    People are disappointed with how heroic Garrosh looks
    People are disappointed with Hearthstone beta access
    People are disappointed with how the new Diablo expansion looks
    People are disappointed with the direction of WoW
    People are not disappointed with how much time they spent being disappointed with things.
    I'm disappointed with how optimistic you are...

10+ Year Old Account
    A massive subscriber loss as the obstinate developers offer little to no progression outside of lfr (or the raid in general) for lfr heroes.
    The announcement of a new expansion to be released sometime in April potentially may.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-09-30 at 08:53 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Sub numbers drops dramaticly for the 3rd Quarter. (cause SoO and HS)
    Blizzcon's Stream breaks constantly during the StarCraft 2 Finals. (Cause only god knows how much RAM their machines can be sent to millions of viewers)
    Sub Numbers drops again at the 4th Quarter (SoO is over, Everyone gets bored of it)
    Blizzard makes more interesting Content that tries to stop the subs from dropping.
    Blizzard releases a Teaser of the character Models. (Likely to be Dwarf and Orcs, though unlikely)

Funny that every Blizzard game. = More WoW subs are lost cause of people wants games that's affordable and no need of subscriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Everyone will be downloading Hearthstone for free.

All 25 million (ex) WoW players.

A catastrophe for the so called competition as Blizzard will include HUGE advantages for active WoW subscribers...
    As a current ex WoW player, I can 100% assure you that "all" of us will most definitely not be downloading hearthstone, nor will i resub to wow based on anything Blizzard does that doesn't involve changing wow.

All right, let's see... within the next three months, I predict:

My guild will take a break from raiding for 2 weeks around the holidays.
    The next expansion will be announced at Blizzcon.
    Hearthstone will get a release date.
    5.5 will be on the PTR.
    People will complain about everything and anything.
    Subscriptions will continue to decline.
    I will continue to not care and enjoy the game.