Help with Warlock

Howdy folks,

So I leveled my warlock because I liked him and been playing him for a bit (too busy with my melees because I'm a more melee-oriented kind of person). I have been trying to improve him and get better dps wise. Here's my armory link http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gellock/simple.
    I do not have logs but I'm mostly asking here on how to gem/reforge to see if I can improve or increase my dps. Thanks for the help!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelknight52 View Post
    Howdy folks,

So I leveled my warlock because I liked him and been playing him for a bit (too busy with my melees because I'm a more melee-oriented kind of person). I have been trying to improve him and get better dps wise. Here's my armory link http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gellock/simple.
    I do not have logs but I'm mostly asking here on how to gem/reforge to see if I can improve or increase my dps. Thanks for the help!
    Swapping out your red gems for int + mastery gems will help a bit for a start

and the purple gems for green. generally speaking double mastery, crit, haste will beat out intellect
    Last edited by mmocf1f1b25833; 2013-09-30 at 09:34 PM.

Deleted
    The comment above is correct, but honestly gems/reforges are a very small difference. If you want to improve you dps I would recommend reading the guide thread in this forum, and watching some vids from the leading warlocks (maybe Sparkuggz since Evrelia already writes the guide, better to have 2 perspectives IMO - no offense to anyone but I think he is one of the best).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    Swapping out your red gems for int + mastery gems will help a bit for a start

and the purple gems for green. generally speaking double mastery, crit, haste will beat out intellect
    Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    The comment above is correct, but honestly gems/reforges are a very small difference. If you want to improve you dps I would recommend reading the guide thread in this forum, and watching some vids from the leading warlocks (maybe Sparkuggz since Evrelia already writes the guide, better to have 2 perspectives IMO - no offense to anyone but I think he is one of the best).
    This is correct but intellect gems for destro at 526 ilvl are fine, very small difference switching to mastery.

Mostly just what Zallaa has said; read/watch the stickied guides - and I mean really read them thoroughly, not just skim them. Then spend a few hours practicing on dummies and in LFRs. To me that is literally the most important part. You need muscle memory for the class/spec to before intuitive and comfortable so the more time you put into practicing the more it will feel like second nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that you are rather new to the Warlock class and casters in general, the best you can do right now is taking a look at the stickies, you'll find all the information there about what rotations, gems, reforges and anything else you want to know there. If you really want to min-max, in the index sticky you can find 2 guides about how to use Simcraft and figure out what the optimal way of reforging and gemming for you is.

When you're done with that, go practice a bit and if you think your dps is too low, feel free to ask for help in the "Fix my DPS" sticky and someone will gladly point out where you can improve.