Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I liked the non-contact sports like Track runnings, Tennis etc

I was already doing sports outside of school, so I was already interested in physical activity, but my weight training class definitely got me into weightlifting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the classes because I was one of the "jocks" in high school. As a result, getting a chance to get a decent workout in (Strength and Conditioning) or goof around playing football or soccer (Team Sports) both appealed to me.

Looking back I have no regrets.

15+ Year Old Account
    personally I think it depends on the sports you're offered to 'study' a lot of the time you're forced to do sports you might not be interested in, which could put you off! where as if you could pick and choose what sports you did I think you'd see more interest.

In my second 2 years of secondary school (high school to some) we wre given a little bit of freedom, but it was still very slim pickings! I spoke to my tutor and was instead allowed to jsut use the school gym during PE lessons which was preferable to me. When my younger sister did those same 2 years of school they were given a massive choice of sports and activities to pick that weren't just football, netball, tennis and rounders =p

Deleted
    kind of. i hated the majority, but i was pretty decent at badminton and me and my friend played it regularly anyway. pretty fun when we got set up against the jock types in the higher class, and me and my friend creamed them in doubles... the looks on their faces

my high school had required sports. No lame ass PE class. During the Fall you either ran cross country, played football, weight lifting, soccer, or cycling. Winter was hockey, basketball, wrestling, and weightlifting. Spring was track and field, baseball, lacrosse, tennis, and golf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffy33 View Post
    my high school had required sports. No lame ass PE class. During the Fall you either ran cross country, played football, weight lifting, soccer, or cycling. Winter was hockey, basketball, wrestling, and weightlifting. Spring was track and field, baseball, lacrosse, tennis, and golf.
    Requiring a sport is a pretty novel idea really. I am biased because I did them year round but I do believe playing a sport gives kids a perspective they wouldn't have otherwise. Some of the best life lessons that I learned were from wrestling.

This is of course conjecture but I also had a teammate who was getting a 4.0 throughout high school playing three varsity sports and the violin. Honestly though I have no idea how he pulled it off. I certainly couldn't do it. That being said, sports are no excuse to get bad grades. "I don't have time to study or do homework" is a lame and false excuse.