Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lightbulb "Until the day the sky rained fire.." reveals the next expansion, in my opinion.

"We never paid any heed to the ancient prophecies... like fools we clung to the old hatreds... and fought as we had for generations. Until the day the sky rained fire, and a new enemy came upon us. We stand now, upon the brink of destruction, for the reign of chaos has come at last."
    Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos

"We never paid any heed to the ancient prophecies.."
    Wrathion as Medivh in the past, foreshadows a terrible threat to Azeroth is coming.
    (Wrathion shows us a "vision" of a ball of green fire hit Azeroth)

"like fools we clung to the old hatreds..."
    Alliance - Horde War in Mists of Pandaria (Warcraft: Orcs & Humans)

"and fought as we had for generations." until now!
    Escalation to Siege of Orgrimmar (Warcraft II) (The Second War - civil wars among the Orcs)

"Until the day the sky rained fire, and a new enemy came upon us."
    Wrathion's vision. The Burning Legion, the coming storm. (Warcraft III)

"We stand now, upon the brink of destruction, for the reign of chaos has come at last."
    World of Warcraft: The Dark Below (Dark Below.. the storm!)

- In my opinion, it's all there within the cinematic of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos
    Last edited by Gnome; 2013-10-14 at 12:36 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I don't think they planned that far ahead, but good guess.

This sounds kind of like the way people twist Nostradamus' writings into "Look, he foretold the future!"

It would be awesome if it were true, but for one thing, The Dark Below is not real. Hasn't this been beaten to death already?

Deleted
    I remember Orc peons saying "Zug zug" back in the day.
    That will be the next expansion theme; Zug Zug.

But I like your theory too

I don't know how to phrase this so that I'm still polite while explaining clearly how catastrophically stupid your theory is, so I'll just say that Medivh was clearly talking about the events of Warcraft 3 and that they never planned this far ahead.

Sounds like a Nostradamus "prophecy". Blizzard probably doesn't even plan that far ahead. However anyone that disagrees with you now is going to be making you feel better about yourself when the next xpac does have something to do with the Legion. Can't we just go a week at the very least without one of these annoying "I read between the lines, I know the truth, this is the next xpac!" threads?
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

Deleted
    Please remember that this is Blizzard you're talking about, they can't even keep up with their own lore from time to time. They don't realize when they leave storylines unfinished and sometimes they even forget which characters are even alive. And you think they planned this far ahead? Yeah... no!

Also, what civil war among the Orcs are you talking about? Gul'dan took some troops for his own to search the Tomb of Sargeras, yes. But I don't remember them actually being at war with the other Orcs, heck, Gul'dan and his group got slaughtered by Demons (or Naga or whatever it's been retconned into now) before Doomhammer could punish Gul'dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    It would be awesome if it were true, but for one thing, The Dark Below is not real. Hasn't this been beaten to death already?
    "We stand now, upon the brink of destruction, for the reign of chaos has come at last."
    World of Warcraft: Heroes of the Storm. Regin of chaos, a storm of chaos, just a awesome storm and we are the heroes in the storm?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Also, what civil war among the Orcs are you talking about? Gul'dan took some troops for his own to search the Tomb of Sargeras, yes. But I don't remember them actually being at war with the other Orcs, heck, Gul'dan and his group got slaughtered by Demons (or Naga or whatever it's been retconned into now) before Doomhammer could punish Gul'dan.
    "In the Second War the Orcs are successful at first, but the Humans and allies take the initiative, helped by two civil wars among the Orcs"
    WC2 Tides: Manual Aftermath, page 85–86

Deleted
    The speech that the narrator gives in the Warcraft III cinematic might sound familiar with the events of the present (by present i mean current 5.4 patch) but in no REAL way it was meant by it's creators to reveal the 5th WoW expansion. The whole cinematic was about how the orcs where fighting the humans constantly for generations until a new enemy came upon them, "Reign of Chaos"= the Burning Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post
    I don't know how to phrase this so that I'm still polite while explaining clearly how catastrophically stupid your theory is, so I'll just say that Medivh was clearly talking about the events of Warcraft 3 and that they never planned this far ahead.
    No need to plan ahead. Both deal with burning legion so they built the current quest to match the past and not they planned years ago for this patch...

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlikely: Blizzard planning that far ahead.

Likely: Blizzard looking back at past work, and taking elements from it for the development of new content as throwbacks, references, or historical perspective.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cytheria View Post
    The speech that the narrator gives in the Warcraft III cinematic might sound familiar with the events of the present (by present i mean current 5.4 patch) but in no REAL way it was meant by it's creators to reveal the 5th WoW expansion. The whole cinematic was about how the orcs where fighting the humans constantly for generations until a new enemy came upon them, "Reign of Chaos"= the Burning Legion.
    That was not my point. My point is that the creators seem to wish to take Warcraft back to it's root in some form.

You can't use an old speech to predict the next expansion, just like you couldn't use the mayan calendar to predict the end of the world. That is a bad example but I think you get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyPanda View Post
    You can't use an old speech to predict the next expansion, just like you couldn't use the mayan calendar to predict the end of the world. That is a bad example but I think you get the point.
    I'm sure that everyone knows you can't predict the next expansion. But it's fun to look over things and see the equations.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, people have pointed out Wrathion's opening dialogue as proof the Legion is next since MoP was in beta.

Guess what, once you kill Garrosh he rages about how it would have taken a year and massive casualties just to subjegate TB. And how he's going to have to make a new plan to save the world from the Demons.

Yep, sounds like next expansion to me. Not.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure in Warcraft 2 they didn't even have plans for WoW let alone all that.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    They plan way further ahead as you may think.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Pretty sure in Warcraft 2 they didn't even have plans for WoW let alone all that.
    What? I don't understand.. Who said they ever did..

My point is that they seem to go back to the root of the game, in current time.. Not the other way around..

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    They plan way further ahead as you may think.
    They plan as far as 3 expansions ahead.

Meaning any hints could just as likely be 7.0 or 8.0.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Hmm same, but nice guess nevertheless hehe