Deleted

So yes whats up with ele shamans?

Hee guys!

So i just got back in the game a little bit , not much just a little. And on these forums and in trade/general i see alot of people QQing about Ele shamans. Whats up with that? Last time i played i got pounded as an ele shaman so i went enha for this expansion :P But as i keep reading these threads i wonder if i made the right choice

BTW i am talking about a PVP stand of view:P

So what makes ele so op or is it still under powered and people just complain ?

10+ Year Old Account
    What make ele so OP is that they can do INSANE instant damage. Doesn't matter whether you're tunneling them or not, they'll be doing INSANE damage nonetheless. Interrupt one spell of an ele and he can still cast a different school. Or worse; interrupt lava burst and his lava surge procs means the lockout on lava burst has been reset, thus nullifying your interrupt.

Basically, what ele used to be, the turret-like glass cannon that if you let the shaman alone he would global everything has basically transformed into an unstoppable glass cannon that will global anything no matter what.

TL;DR Lava Surge procs + instant LvBs + mastery procs = insane unstoppable instant damage you can't do anything about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    What make ele so OP is that they can do INSANE instant damage. Doesn't matter whether you're tunneling them or not, they'll be doing INSANE damage nonetheless. Interrupt one spell of an ele and he can still cast a different school. Or worse; interrupt lava burst and his lava surge procs means the lockout on lava burst has been reset, thus nullifying your interrupt.

Basically, what ele used to be, the turret-like glass cannon that if you let the shaman alone he would global everything has basically transformed into an unstoppable glass cannon that will global anything no matter what.

TL;DR Lava Surge procs + instant LvBs + mastery procs = insane unstoppable instant damage you can't do anything about.
    Aight going to gear ele

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    Aight going to gear ele
    Don't.
    You'll be frustrated in no time.
    Gear for Resto, it has so much more viability and options.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    you can still stun them
    seems I'm doing something wrong as I never saw this kind of op when I play pvp. all I see is silence/stuns/interrupts/massive damage incoming.
    there are some lucky moments when procs do happen but it is not that it is "unstoppable" imo.
    arena 2vs2 pov
    bg is another story

I wouldn't hold my breath considering ele arena performance this season.

With resilience tuning (65% to 75%) which basically took about third of former ele burst, PVP set change and strong melee classes/specs that would be bumpy ride.

At the other hand, resto looks really good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ele is in an amazing spot the season, it's not borderline OP like last season (if stars aligned there were 1 shots, with echo of the elements). Definitely with the weapon the damage will be good, the survivability will be good and the toolkit is good. Ele no longer requires partners to peel all the time, eles can hold their own now. Which makes ele work with more classes than ever:

1) It works with pretty much every caster in 3s:
    - both affliction and destruction warlock, no idea about demonoly
    - frost mage, no idea about fire mages and arcane
    - boomkins
    - shadow priests
    (spriest/affliction and frost mage are all glad viable comps)

2) It works with pretty much every healer:
    - resto druid for obvious LSD and spriest
    - disc/holy priests with a mage
    - holy paladin: now that they are better than in the past seasons they are definitely a contender for the healing spot for an ele. While in the past (i.e. cata) an ele kinda relied on a pala to survive, nowadays the auramastery is still golden. And since pallies got a fear this patch, hpally/frost mage/ele is gonna be really good with full gear.

3) Ele works with certain melee:
    - feral / ele was really good in the past season
    - rogue / ele / disc has been a viable comp for a few seasons now
    - ww monk/ele is pretty decent as well, since the monk can create more than any other class thosewindows of opportunity for the ele to get those hard casts off
    - warrior/ele is sick, skull banner is such an insane cd for ele, but this is more because warriors are so OP atm

really ele is in a very good spot atm, in terms of tools, survivability, damage and partner choice (for 3s that is obviously)

I decided to go ele after being resto in arenas last 2 seasons, today i did some 2s ele/boomkin. We got fucked up sp hard by Rogues and UH DKs i stopped already again play as ele and focus on my other pvp chars.

Same old shit...my games consist of running and healing and hoping i do dps one day. (even when its better then it was when played last time in WOTLK as ele)

Pvp in general is pretty lame this expansion. I fact it's been lame for 2 expansions. Hope they fix it for 6.0

Deleted
    the 1st reply got me fired up for pvp )