Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Wellll Swords COULD still have use if we thought about it..And remember OUR characters WERE training to fight witches not armies....Plus they had summons..So yeah..
    Summons that wiped peoples memories and then were never talked about a second time throughout the game(seemingly just put in at random for one scene)? That was the best wtf moment ever that I've ever seen in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Summons that wiped peoples memories and then were never talked about a second time throughout the game(seemingly just put in at random for one scene)? That was the best wtf moment ever that I've ever seen in a game.
    They discussed the Memory wiping multiple times through the games, and it usually also coincided with times Matron aka Edea was around after going back to normal, and pretty much all of Ellone's presence in Disc 3+ was discussing it.

Like I said, people that don't like FFVIII's story because of reason like yours simply didn't understand it because they didn't read what was happening or skipped lots of dialogue.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    They discussed the Memory wiping multiple times through the games, and it usually also coincided with times Matron aka Edea was around after going back to normal, and pretty much all of Ellone's presence in Disc 3+ was discussing it.

Like I said, people that don't like FFVIII's story because of reason like yours simply didn't understand it because they didn't read what was happening or skipped lots of dialogue.
    Yeah i also remember their talking about it MANY times....It was one of those "Do we risk it and should we use it" types of discussions and was even used to explain their shared past together with only(Irvine was it the gunner) remembering...It actually played a decent sized role in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Yeah i also remember their talking about it MANY times....It was one of those "Do we risk it and should we use it" types of discussions and was even used to explain their shared past together with only(Irvine was it the gunner) remembering...It actually played a decent sized role in the game.
    Exactly, one of the main themes of the game which people usually don't realise is the concept of "those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it"

Since it is people giving up the past (memories) to obtain powers (GF's), and in turn bring about the mistakes of the past i.e. the Sorceress Wars, and the Fact that Ultimecia compresses time to be able to rule everything.

Whilst FFVIII isn't for everyone, It just irks me to no end when people try to justify their hatred by trying to say there are plotholes which aren't actually there, since pretty much everything IS explained and goes into Depth if you actually follow the dialogue and read the story.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Whilst FFVIII isn't for everyone, It just irks me to no end when people try to justify their hatred by trying to say there are plotholes which aren't actually there, since pretty much everything IS explained and goes into Depth if you actually follow the dialogue and read the story.
    No one said plotholes. Just really weird and/or dumb plot devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    No one said plotholes. Just really weird and/or dumb plot devices.
    Maybe it really has just been that long since I've played it but considering I always pay close attention to details in any rpg worth mentioning it just kinda stuck out like a sore thumb that there would be a plot hole that big. Again maybe it's been long enough to where I've forgotten about it or could be the 43(really not joking about that number either, could be more actually) other rpgs that I remember the entire plot to the T and just lost that part of the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Maybe it really has just been that long since I've played it but considering I always pay close attention to details in any rpg worth mentioning it just kinda stuck out like a sore thumb that there would be a plot hole that big. Again maybe it's been long enough to where I've forgotten about it or could be the 43(really not joking about that number either, could be more actually) other rpgs that I remember the entire plot to the T and just lost that part of the plot.
    Yeah i suggest you give it another shot....Not gonna deny it's convoluted but that ALWAYS comes with time travel and things such as that...Ok MAYBE Chrono Trigger avoided it to some degree but as a general rule time travel breeds convolution.

Final Fantasy 13 was a terrible game and Lightning is an awful character.

Oh hello what is this lovely thing.

Bah. Only a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Beth clearly did not understand the rules to Paper Rock Scissors Gun.
    Let's look fabulous~. A Paladin transmogrifier item list.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
    Final Fantasy 13 was a terrible game and Lightning is an awful character.
    Maybe (I myself never played 13, tho I did watch Spoony's review videos of the game), but Is till find the idea that it's the actual Lightning (and not a FF14 version of her) crossing over into FF14 and having it be in continuity for the character, to be really cool. I like Gilgamesh (Who various appearance imply its the actual Gilgamesh from FF5 traveling into the other games after the events of FF5)and Cloud's cross over into Final Fantasy Tactics(The game implies Cloud has been bought to Ivalice during the section of FF7 when Cloud was in the lifestream and out of the players party. Sadly, even in the PSP remake, there was no event showing him going home ) for the same reason.
    Last edited by Icaras; 2013-10-06 at 01:53 PM.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

I couldn't really care less about the FF13 reference, but I hope it's a good leveling tool like the current one with King Bombard. Anything that I can spam kind of reliably to level up some other classes will be good.