Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warcraft IV: The Dark Below, WoW: Heroes of the Storm

Warcraft I: Orcs and Humans
    Warcraft II: The Dark Portal
    Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos
    Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne
    Warcraft IV: The Dark Below

Notice how the titles have all been 3 worded before?

We're entering into a time again where much like Warcraft III RoC + TFT in the past with World of Warcraft alongside it there was "to much" lore to be told in one WoW expansion pack so it had to be spread out over two with Warcraft III in it's entirely as an RTS alongside it

Warcraft III in summary was Illidan - WoW "The Burning Crusade" - and Arthas Menethil - "Wrath of the Lich King", or two WoW expansion packs for 1 RTS game

Major WoW lore coming up:
    Azshara and N'Zoth
    Kiljaiden and Sargeras
    ???? Northrend

How do we know this?

1. Blizzard released WoW Cataclysm redoing all the level 1-60 content
    2. Blizzard released WoW Mists of Pandaria as something new
    3. Blizzard releases WoW Heroes or the Storm redoing all the level 60-70 content
    4. Blizzard releases WoW Azshara likes to get Serious as something new
    5. Blizzard releases WoW The Revenge of Northrend redoing all the level 70-80 content

What we have here then is alot of lore - to much lore even, to be told in a single WoW expansion pack but would need an RTS for the current and present future to learn about all the lore of all these characters and events

Think about it, when has Blizzard EVER released to major lore characters in a WoW expansion pack? Queen Azshara is just that, a motherfucking queen, this isn't just some Lady Vashj where half way through The Burning Crusade we get this cool "unlock" every instance scenario

There's way to many lore characters and heroes (Alleria + Turalyon etc.) not to release Warcraft IV at this point for the future to support all the new WoW expansion packs

We'd never get out of lore and see anything in WoW beyond redone Northrend 70-80 content if Blizzard didn't release Warcraft IV now

Gives us a WoW expansion pack with 1 major lore character behind it
    Gives us a Warcraft IV RTS that says "meanwhile with everything else...."

Then much like knowing who Illidan and Lich King were we just go into the expansion pack because we know what happened in Warcraft III

Think about the Undercity Throne room; we hear the voices and see the blood spill stain on the ground from where King Terenas fell, but it needed no introduction in WoW, why?

And you know that if you stand in the Undercity throne room and listen, it's very cool. It was there before Wrath of the Lich King was released as since prior, Warcraft III The Frozen Throne RTS was already out for along time

Imagine getting more Undercity throne room effects in WoW because the lore from Warcraft IV and it's expansion pack will back it up

Note: When Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty was in development Blizzard was asked about Warcraft IV: "Ws haven't forgotten about Warcraft IV as it's on the table"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qithlorien View Post

How do we know this?

1. Blizzard released WoW Cataclysm redoing all the level 1-60 content
    2. Blizzard released WoW Mists of Pandaria as something new
    3. Blizzard releases WoW Heroes or the Storm redoing all the level 60-70 content
    4. Blizzard releases WoW Azshara likes to get Serious as something new
    5. Blizzard releases WoW The Revenge of Northrend redoing all the level 70-80 content

What we have here then is alot of lore - to much lore even, to be told in a single WoW expansion pack but would need an RTS for the current and present future to learn about all the lore of all these characters and events
    -3 Blizzard releases WoW: everybody does something new
    -2 Blizzard releases WoW The Burning Crusade Illidan is doing something new
    -1 Blizzard releases WoW Wrath of the Lich King Arthas is doing something new

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft 2 was subtitled Tides of Darkness
    Warcraft 2 expansion was Beyond the Dark Portal

Heroes of the Storm can be name to new moba game too

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Sorry but the way I see the logic in this is the same as OMG LOOK THE NUMBER 3! HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED.

Sad to say but Heroes of the storm is likely the title for the DOTA clone (quite a bad name choice if you ask me as it sounds like Heroes of Newerth) - Blizzard could also release Warcraft 4 and lead it into WoW 2 (also a possibility) WoW in itself is getting old now and I can't imagine using an old engine like WoW is all that appealing to developers today when they create new content, a fresh boot with WoW 2 would allow them to update the engine, update all the models and even expand the lore anywhere from 10 years in the future to 2000 years in the future, it also gives them a massive time curve to create new lore.

Holding my breath for Warcraft 4 because I believe it is coming.

Tides or Darkness is 3 words for Wacraft II

Illidan has the skull of gul'dan, why is he blind?, who is this nightelf demon bat?

Arthas has Frostmourne, how did he get corrupted? who is the heir to the Lordearon throne only to throne Northrend instead?

They didn't need any introduction in WoW, without Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne it'd just be called "WoW: Wrath of the Lich King who site on his throne but we don't know the reason why"

Without Warcraft III: TFT we'd just be left with the culling of stratholme, an encounter between Arthas and Uther, and Jaina thinking Arthas has gone mad for killing his own people: but why? There's so many question to be had - who's the Lich King? One just looks back on WC3: TFT and says: "aha that's why"

Of course Illidan and The Lich King are going to do something new in an expansion pack or else why would you have bought the game?

In vanilla WoW there was no end game lore badass

In Cataclysm it's deathwing - a badass but blizzard already said he'd nuke the zones, they redid old zones, told the shattering in a book and give a world event with cho'gall and twilight hammer cultists

In Mists of Pandaria there was no end game badass as it started off as horde and alliance trying to take control of Pandaria resources the an event in Theramore changed everything

1. Burning Crusade WoW zones redone
    2. Expansion pack after that is new continent like Mists of Pandaria
    3. Northrend WoW zones redone

3 major lore badasses for 3 WoW expansion packs
    6 major lore badasses to discuss [Northrend redone has to have badasses]
    All lore heroes like Turalyon, Alleria, Rexxar etc. to discuss

To much Lore to cover coming up in WoW expansion packs not to unveil Warcraft IV

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a good theory Qithlorien, but i honestly speculate that Heroes of the Storm will be a new board game / card game extension and The Dark Below will be revealed as a big fat troll!
    Hi

yah, Half-Life 3 already released and HL 4 confirmed

WTF dude, u have no idea what u are writing lol
    Warcraft II was Tides of Darkness and expansion was BEYOND THE DARK PORTAL
    there was NO "the dark portal" ever lol
    rest was so silly, I didnot even read past :remaking northrend:

"The" is not a word.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Deleted
    No WarCraft 4 until 2016. SC2 is way too strong to make a new WarCraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tides or Darkness is 3 words for Wacraft II

In Mists of Pandaria there was no end game badass as it started off as horde and alliance trying to take control of Pandaria resources the an event in Theramore changed everything
    Warcraft 2 through the dark portal has 4 words.

And Garrosh waves from his prison cell.

10+ Year Old Account
    WOW is near dead, they can do War4 as an link from wow to Titan or to a next expansion of WoW, if MoP will be on for more that 2 years.

PS but i dont think that will be a war4.
    Last edited by mosu332; 2013-10-01 at 01:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How many more speculation threads are we gonna see on this? Remember the good ole days when the interwebs didn't exist and people were pleasantly surprised to see something new to do from a commercial? Speculation is assumption. And you know what they say about assumption:

Let's just cool our jets and go back to a time when we got excited about something new because it was OUT and not because we were trying to figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWho View Post
    No WarCraft 4 until 2016. SC2 is way too strong to make a new WarCraft.
    Yes Yes this is totally how blizzard felt when they made WC3 and the expansion ¬.¬ Wasnt SC2 and brood war 1998 ? WC3 very soon after ? 2 different IPs 2 different pots of cash 2 different bunch of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by mosu332 View Post
    WOW is near dead, they can do War4 as an link from wow to Titan or to a next expansion of WoW, if MoP will be on for more that 2 years.

PS but i dont think that will be a war4.
    Wait... What !? Over 6million active subs ?? Near Dead ??? Does this mean games like GW2 @ 3.5million actives is a dead game ?? I no understand

The biggest reason I would suspect they might want to push WC4 out is that one of the things people seemed to really love about WOW is the linkages between WC3 and WOW. Those links are pretty much gone now and having a WC4 could provide a who new ball of characters to draw on for the purposes of WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    It's a good theory Qithlorien, but i honestly speculate that Heroes of the Storm will be a new board game / card game extension and The Dark Below will be revealed as a big fat troll!
    No more TC/CCG.

Oh look another person who sees a pattern that does not really exist. /endthread

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Oh look another person who sees a pattern that does not really exist. /endthread
    Simply because the pattern may not end with the conclusion that author predicts it might, does not diminish the existence of the pattern itself.