Shadow priest 5.4

Just WOW, so after 2 weeks now. They give us a buff then take it away. just like in TOT. I noticed a big difference in my logs this week DPS wise. Why cant Blizz just get it freggin right with shadow. We are caster DPS just like, mages and locks. If PVP has any bearing on PVE then they need to fix that and not focus on 'oh hey we need virtual realms".

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Dear world, if you react hyperbolically to even modest (3-5%) nerfs, then it makes it hard for us to tell when you are really concerned.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

lame response considering it was a 10% nerf to a tick. L2READ before u post

Lost out on 5k-10k dps?

http://tinyurl.com/aa2z7jp

Just be thankful it's an add heavy tier and multi-dot all the things.

No they have been doing this for years now, to the point where its almost comical.
    For the first time in years we finally felt right. I've been playing shadow since BT released. Im not the best player in the world but i consider myself somewhat decent, and im in a semi HC guild.

I don't PVP often, other than world PVP at times, but when 5.4 came out I was doing very competitive dps.
    I ranked on several fights with an iLVL of 540-545, and in a 10 man guild would top multi target fights ( like protectors) and even fights with downtime like immersius.
    When we got to Iron Juggernaut I expected to do low, and I did, but I was 4th and beat a destro lock who was also raid leading. Everyone's dps was within 2-5% of each other.

Fast forward 2 weeks to the nerf. Protectors fight.
    Holding 99.9% dot Uptimes and the fight timer being only 8 seconds faster, I did 330k dps at 544 ilvl, and now with a 553ilvl, i did 270k dps. The mage in our group was above 320k at the same iLVL
    My iron juggernaut dmg was above the disc priest.. barely above the tank.

There were a few times when the class felt "right" and it revolved around 4 pc bonuses.
    It also relied on skill level to maximize your dmg for single target.

Back in Wrath when we had the set bonus to cut the mind flay time in half, was absolutely amazing and fun to use. Much better than Insanity
    The second time when it felt good was when progressing in firelands on Heroic Rag, lowering shadowfiend cd, and being able to blow it 3 times in a fight because your mind flay crits would lower damage.

Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler 25 Sep
    @RussellCane Historically, multidotting has been really effective. But if single target dotting is also effective, why play a non dot?
    I thought blizzard wanted to make it so we did not have to roll alts for specific fights. Based on what they have been saying, and lack there of, regarding the state of shadow it makes me wonder. My guild is already working on Heroic Iron Juggernaut, and Ill sitting on the bench for it, as well as thok, because shadow has no viable options now for those fights to be competitive. Hell garrosh and several other heroics are beginning to worry me now.

A few ideas that could potentially fix priest damage.

1. Single target fights have an internal timer that increases mind flay damage multiplier when less than 2 applications of VT/SWP are ticking in combat, or increase the crit on mind flay by 50%.. This would "buff us" to compensate for the single target issues.

2. Put a "cap" on multi-dots. Any good player knows that theoretically its better to mind sear when there are more than 3 targets up than to multi-dot. However we can cheese our dps with potting and when UVLS procs , especially with our apparitions extending our dots, some fights where adds stay up for a while. I know they did something regarding mind sear and a "cap" on damage based on how many targets you hit. If they did something similar, made it so when you had more than 3 dots up, it would normalize.

3. If they want shadow to be a multi dot class only, then give us a "holy dps" option. It was actually kind of fun playing a nuke class for a half a patch as holy in cata.
    Holy is weak right now still, and has been almost the entire expansion, embracing chakra would let us have fun in shadow gear and stacking haste to holy fire/ smite spam.
    The other option is to give us smite back, allow us to smite spam with SWP up as shadow, or give us a similar to holy/disc dps option that works for single target that wont affect PVP.

Maybe im just doing it wrong... Any other spriests out there feeling the same?

http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/terokkar/skillscore/ ( you san see the the protectors fight difference)
    http://www.wowprogress.com/character...kar/Skillscore
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...score/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by chaosrecords View Post
    No they have been doing this for years now, to the point where its almost comical.
    For the first time in years we finally felt right. I've been playing shadow since BT released. Im not the best player in the world but i consider myself somewhat decent, and im in a semi HC guild.

I don't PVP often, other than world PVP at times, but when 5.4 came out I was doing very competitive dps.
    I ranked on several fights with an iLVL of 540-545, and in a 10 man guild would top multi target fights ( like protectors) and even fights with downtime like immersius.
    When we got to Iron Juggernaut I expected to do low, and I did, but I was 4th and beat a destro lock who was also raid leading. Everyone's dps was within 2-5% of each other.

Fast forward 2 weeks to the nerf. Protectors fight.
    Holding 99.9% dot Uptimes and the fight timer being only 8 seconds faster, I did 330k dps at 544 ilvl, and now with a 553ilvl, i did 270k dps. The mage in our group was above 320k at the same iLVL
    My iron juggernaut dmg was above the disc priest.. barely above the tank.

There were a few times when the class felt "right" and it revolved around 4 pc bonuses.
    It also relied on skill level to maximize your dmg for single target.

Back in Wrath when we had the set bonus to cut the mind flay time in half, was absolutely amazing and fun to use. Much better than Insanity
    The second time when it felt good was when progressing in firelands on Heroic Rag, lowering shadowfiend cd, and being able to blow it 3 times in a fight because your mind flay crits would lower damage.

I thought blizzard wanted to make it so we did not have to roll alts for specific fights. Based on what they have been saying, and lack there of, regarding the state of shadow it makes me wonder. My guild is already working on Heroic Iron Juggernaut, and Ill sitting on the bench for it, as well as thok, because shadow has no viable options now for those fights to be competitive. Hell garrosh and several other heroics are beginning to worry me now.

A few ideas that could potentially fix priest damage.

1. Single target fights have an internal timer that increases mind flay damage multiplier when less than 2 applications of VT/SWP are ticking in combat, or increase the crit on mind flay by 50%.. This would "buff us" to compensate for the single target issues.

2. Put a "cap" on multi-dots. Any good player knows that theoretically its better to mind sear when there are more than 3 targets up than to multi-dot. However we can cheese our dps with potting and when UVLS procs , especially with our apparitions extending our dots, some fights where adds stay up for a while. I know they did something regarding mind sear and a "cap" on damage based on how many targets you hit. If they did something similar, made it so when you had more than 3 dots up, it would normalize.

3. If they want shadow to be a multi dot class only, then give us a "holy dps" option. It was actually kind of fun playing a nuke class for a half a patch as holy in cata.
    Holy is weak right now still, and has been almost the entire expansion, embracing chakra would let us have fun in shadow gear and stacking haste to holy fire/ smite spam.
    The other option is to give us smite back, allow us to smite spam with SWP up as shadow, or give us a similar to holy/disc dps option that works for single target that wont affect PVP.

Maybe im just doing it wrong... Any other spriests out there feeling the same?

http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/terokkar/skillscore/ ( you san see the the protectors fight difference)
    http://www.wowprogress.com/character...kar/Skillscore
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...score/advanced

talk to a pally tank about finally feeling right and being fun then discuss the nerf bat situation
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    talk to a pally tank about finally feeling right and being fun then discuss the nerf bat situation
    Actually I have a pally tank as my primary alt. I know the feeling, although I don't feel it like i feel my spriest, just as you wouldn't feel what I feel on a priest alt.
    But I feel your pain.

Its actually why I rolled my druid tank to 90 this weekend. Its sad but my bear tank is much more fun than my pally tank, and thats across all content ive come across so far.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosrecords View Post
    Actually I have a pally tank as my primary alt. I know the feeling, although I don't feel it like i feel my spriest, just as you wouldn't feel what I feel on a priest alt.
    But I feel your pain.

Its actually why I rolled my druid tank to 90 this weekend. Its sad but my bear tank is much more fun than my pally tank, and thats across all content ive come across so far.
    oh, but I do. although my paladin is my main, I maintain a maxed level toon of each class. how else to keep on top of what I expect out of my raiders?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I'm not a HC raider anymore so I don't really care about a 5-10% buff or nerf although buffs are fun. But anyway...

Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler 25 Sep
    @RussellCane Historically, multidotting has been really effective. But if single target dotting is also effective, why play a non dot?
    I would be okay with this if you would actually see shadow priests dominate on multidotting fights. But when I look on WoL it's mostly affliction locks who dominate these fights (which has been the case the whole expansion long as far as I know). Shadow priests are good on those fights but not really dominating(?). Or do I see this wrong?

When you are last on single target and Ghostcrawler says your multidotting is really effective then I want to be first on every multidotting fight.