Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
LastLast
  1. #241
    Stood in the Fire rogoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in the land of killer unicrons
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    The first thing you said in this thread, was to call everyone that disagree stupid.

    H Garrosh was likely killed on the PTR, I guess THEY get the world first then, right?

    Its different rules, and thats why they don't count towards this. Blizzard does not run the game over there.

    heroic garrosh was never tested on the PTr, it is the only encounter blizz did not have spawn in the instance during the PTR cycle for this tier, as it would have been beaten before the patch went live (unlike deathwing/lich king which was almost impossible without gear from the actual instance they were in).

  2. #242
    Just because some guild had lockout advantages does not rule out they got the first kill. They got the kill WHILE playing wow on Planet Earth. They did not do the kill on the Moon or Mars, or even in orbit around the Earth. First kill in the world is China. First kill that has a 7 day lockout in the world was Method.

  3. #243
    Epic! Miuku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post
    Just wondering really as i always figured they were part of the "WORLD" and this whole world first heroic kill applied to all people all over the world.
    You know what makes me really sad?

    The fact that after weeks of arguing people still take the time and effort to:
    a) Make a thread about it
    b) Argue about it

    I have a suggestion: do something productive with your time and get over it.
    :: We are cows - proud and true. Come on Tauren - Moo Moo Moo!

    :: Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes execute dangerous people. Either way helps. ::


  4. #244
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,400
    this thread about why players with twice the lockouts and the ability to run raids 4 times each week should not be included in the race to world first still going?







    Lawful good does not always mean Lawful nice

  5. #245
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    677
    another topic is "When did private servers with spawnable legendary rings and GM commands stop being part of the "WORLD"?"

  6. #246
    The funny fact is that China has more subs than eu+us combined and yet people call it the "world"

  7. #247
    The Lightbringer Tharkkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    3,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    Just because some guild had lockout advantages does not rule out they got the first kill. They got the kill WHILE playing wow on Planet Earth. They did not do the kill on the Moon or Mars, or even in orbit around the Earth. First kill in the world is China. First kill that has a 7 day lockout in the world was Method.
    Do you not understand how it works? The world first race has been going on since WoW existed.

    Blizzard then changed the rules and gave APAC an advantage. Thus this are disqualified from the World 1st competition. This isn't discounting the accomplishment by any means.

  8. #248
    Let's just call it the west race or the EU/US race so people will stop getting butthurt when Asia gets a world first.

  9. #249
    World first with a huge advantage is still world first. Unfair, maybe, but world first nonetheless.

  10. #250
    Dreadlord MouseD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Local Mouse Hole
    Posts
    937
    But please explain why they get better gear then rest of us do ...how come....are they any better then rest of the world...I don't think so.

  11. #251
    They got the World First. It's just that we are focused on EU/US, because we have the same mechanics.

  12. #252
    Stood in the Fire rogoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in the land of killer unicrons
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    But please explain why they get better gear then rest of us do ...how come....are they any better then rest of the world...I don't think so.
    because world of warcraft in asia as a whole, works entirely different to the game u play on EU/US realms, the fact that it is a franchise rather than actually direct from blizzard is one major factor, secondly, the way the asians play games is kinda similar to how EU/US played games back when WoW was released, they have a high tolerance to grind, and prefer that gameplay model than say the uber casual clear shit once and be done with it model blizz implemented in cataclysm for the rest of the world, also, in asia, WoW is played and payed for, by the hour, not on a monthly/yearly subscription, and alot of players in asia, while they belong to a guild in game, alot of the time play at cyber cafés and are in public, where they may have a premium on game time, i.e. certain places may have a maximum use policy where u can only use a machine for say 3 hours max per person, so that's a thing, it is very complicated but i hope u get the jist of what i'm saying.

  13. #253
    I'm surprised people are still bickering over this, even after all this time.

    Technically yeah, they were world first. But that's like saying an internal blizzard testing team that beat it when they were designing the fight was the world first. When you follow different rules, you aren't part of the same content. That is how contests work, its WHY contests work, everyone is held to the same standards and has to obey the same rules. If you are having a race, you cant make 75% of the people have to go across the whole track, then have a little shortcut only 25% of the people are allowed to use. It invalidates the contest and makes it meaningless.

    That is why the asia world first isn't the legit world first. They had multiple advantages over US/EU players due to the fact their version of WOW follows drastically different game rules. If you wanna get butt hurt over people not giving props to the asian guild for world first, go ahead, but no one with any sense is going to consider them world first when they don't follow the same rules as everyone else in the competition. It makes no sense to even try to hold them to the same standard.

    They did well to beat the other asian guilds. But they aren't in the same world first race everyone else is.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

  14. #254
    OP because they get 3-4 times more gear in a week than we do not to mention what everyone else said about ilvl and upgrades and their 25m is scaled the exact way as ours if i recall.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    But please explain why they get better gear then rest of us do ...how come....are they any better then rest of the world...I don't think so.
    because they are AREA 51 testing area for blizzard so we dont get all buggy misscaled bullshit

  15. #255
    Because to be part of the same race, you have to be playing by the same rules. How much simpler can you get?

    I mean, imagine holding a Formula one race with representatives from all over the world. Sounds simple enough, right? Now imagine that all the European Drivers were forced to start a lap after all the North American ones. I guess you could still balance that out by just calculating the difference of the one lap when figuring overall times to see who actually completed the race with the "best" time.

    However, then imagine we add the Asian drivers. The asian drivers are credited two laps for every one lap they make (double Instance resets per week), AND they are allowed to drive a more powerful car (Higher base Item levels). How exactly to you "balance" that against the other people who are playing by completely different rules to calculate a proper "best time".

    The simple answer is: you dont. They are not participating in the same race. End of story.

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post
    Just wondering really as i always figured they were part of the "WORLD" and this whole world first heroic kill applied to all people all over the world.

    The Chinese/Asia are part of the "World" are they not? Did they not kill the last boss on heroic first?
    The most commonly accepted answer to this question is yet spoken out in a 1000 different threads on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    I don't celebrate National Native Americans Welcomed Us With Open Arms and Helped Us Survive the First Winter That We Were Woefully Unprepared For and We Repaid Them By Taking Their Lands, Raping Their Women and Murdering Them Day....
    Several Indian tribes see this holiday as the beginning of a process by which they tragically lost their land, and their population was decimated. Every year Indians come together in Plymouth to commemorate their "national day of mourning."

  17. #257
    They aren't part of the same race because they play under different rules. They have different raid lockouts and loot which makes the 10 man Garrosh kill they achieved far easier than what the "West" guilds faced.

    The asian guilds can do 10 AND 25 man in the same raid lockout meaning they gear far faster.

    The gear Asian guilds get from 25 player raids is 8 ilvl higher than anything "west" guilds can get (it starts out 8 ilvl higher than a regular item for a western guild and then can be upgraded a further 2 times).

    The 25 player raid bosses in Asia are tuned higher to compensate for this increased gear ilvl... However the asian guild that got "world 1st" got all the gear advantages available to them from increased ilvl 25 player loot and then killed the boss on 10 player which is tuned the same in Asia as it is for "west" guilds.

    If I remember correctly the Asian guild that got the 1st heroic garrosh 10 man kill had an ilvl 8-10 higher than all the top American and European guilds for the reasons above... That's a gigantic difference.

    Having Asian guilds in the same race as West guilds would be like allowing them to enter a bicycle race on a motorcycle.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    Just because some guild had lockout advantages does not rule out they got the first kill. They got the kill WHILE playing wow on Planet Earth. They did not do the kill on the Moon or Mars, or even in orbit around the Earth. First kill in the world is China. First kill that has a 7 day lockout in the world was Method.
    If someone got the "world 1st" Garrosh heroic kill on a private server would you count them in the world 1st race too ? They'd still be killing the boss and be on planet earth. I don't really see the difference...
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-10-20 at 06:00 AM.

  18. #258
    Banned The Penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I am the the 1%. Am I white, or am I black? The truth is I am both and in so being, I am neither..
    Posts
    873
    It's like the bullsh-- with Ensidia during Wrath. If specific favorites don't get the World First then clearly it didn't count.

    Asia got world first. Cry more if you can't handle it or go outside imho.

    /end

  19. #259
    Somehow I'm not too surprised that the company that frequents this forum does not understand the definition of the words "world" and "first".

    13 pages of it already.

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Somehow I'm not too surprised that the company that frequents this forum does not understand the definition of the words "world" and "first".

    13 pages of it already.
    I killed Herroic Garrosh approximately 40 seconds after my private server went live with the new patch data. I win.

    Now what exactly is your point? Oh, right. You dont understand the definition of the word "context".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •