Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    They have a thread for this in the Raids topic and it is already quite long addressing and debating this exact topic.

  2. #22
    Scarab Lord Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post
    Then should the kills not be labeled "WORLD FIRST (EU/US CLIENT)" Or something i still do not see the logic.. FIRST means to kill something first and WORLD means everyone.

    They both fit into the WORLD and FIRST criteria regardless of difficulty.
    It's just semantics. If you truly dont see the logic why they dont count in the same bracket as those who can raid, literally, twice as less as they, then you're blind or just being argumentative for argument's sake.
    "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    This well end well.

    Now from my limited knowledge of their setup, do the bosses not have more HP and damage to compensate for the higher item level? If so it would put them on a similar footing, and I would regard it as a case of them being counted as part of the race.

    Personally I would move away from world first and do regions, considering US gets a head start on EU and Asia being on a slightly different setup I would say it should be a case of record each kill from any region as just that. Discriminating the Asian servers from our lists and then labeling any kill as a world first seems a bit arrogant imo. Doing Region 1st kills makes more sense.
    Afaik, it's only 8% which mostly doesn't make up for it. Anyway, that point is kinda moot, since 10/25 doesn't share lockout, and the Chinese Garrosh kill was in 10-man, which means they had access to higher ilvl without the extra damage/hp in 25-man.
    "The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived." -Oscar Wilde

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dinga/advanced

  4. #24
    Asia is no longer part of the (playerbase invented) "World first race", as they do not abide by the accepted rules anymore.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    Afaik, it's only 8% which mostly doesn't make up for it. Anyway, that point is kinda moot, since 10/25 doesn't share lockout, and the Chinese Garrosh kill was in 10-man, which means they had access to higher ilvl without the extra damage/hp in 25-man.
    Ah Ty, all the more reason to not register kills as world first otherwise you get this illogical shit storm. Doing it by region is the best answer IMO moving forward.

    Same for 10/25 divide have them all on separate tracking and just announce the 1st kills for each region and each 10/25

  6. #26
    Bloodsail Admiral Hugh Wattmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    So olympic runners should be allowed take perfomance enhancing drugs? First is first.
    It would make for a more interesting Olympics if they did.. Anyway that would not be the Olympics it would have a different name with different rules. What is being raid here is World of Warcraft is different in china to the EU/US but it's still being labeled the exact same.

    The race was World first world of warcraft EU/US heroic kill not a world first world of warcraft heroic kill.

    To be exact you should have:
    World First EU 10
    World First EU 25
    World First US 10
    World First US 25
    World First Chinese/Asia 25
    World First Chinese/Asia 10

    Or as a minimum:
    World First US/EU
    World First Chinese/Asia

    Or Even.
    World First US/EU 10
    World First US/EU 25
    World First Chinese/Asia 10
    World First Chinese/Asia 25
    Last edited by Hugh Wattmate; 2013-10-01 at 02:12 PM.

  7. #27
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    JVM
    Posts
    52
    No seriously, since the OP is so hot on the topic, please OP answer my question >

    How is it fair to everyone else, for one side in the race to have a big advantage over everyone else and then claim to be the winner?

  8. #28
    When Blizzard gave Asia servers 2 resets per week they stopped being eligible to compete for "world" firsts.

  9. #29
    Ion:
    in theory doing 25 player with 25 player loot in Asia should be the same as doing 25 with 25 loot in Europe/US.
    Bosses have increased health pools, so besides the double lockout it should be more or less equivalent.

    I guess ocidentals are butthurt because orientals win in any sort of competitive game. It's like "meh, they are Chinese, I can't compete".

  10. #30
    Asians have it easier because of double lockouts, yes.

    Still, world first is world first. It has no relevance anymore.

    People need to start talking about EU/US first to eliminate the confusion.

    It's like saying Usain Bolt isn't eligible for World's fastest runner. He has the unfair advantage of being a man. Only women should be included in the world's fastest running competition. Seriously, there is the world's fastest man and the world's fastest woman, that's all. If you ask who is the fastest human in the world, then Usain Bolt is. Stars got World First, that's all.

  11. #31
    Then should the kills not be labeled "WORLD FIRST (EU/US CLIENT)" Or something i still do not see the logic.. FIRST means to kill something first and WORLD means everyone.

    They both fit into the WORLD and FIRST criteria regardless of difficulty.
    Just think of their client as a completely different game, it'd be like if some other MMO had a boss that was incredibly easy to kill, named the same thing as a wow boss. Does that mean whoever killed it first should get the "World First" kill title?

    As others have stated, they have a massive advantage over the rest of the world, and their item level was 573+ when they killed it, compared to Method's 565(source: look at MMO-Champion Published on 2013-09-29 08:54 PM).

    It's not discrimination in any sense of the word, they just have such a huge advantage over the rest of the world it's stupid to compare the two.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Bosses have increased health pools, so besides the double lockout it should be more or less equivalent.

    I guess ocidentals are butthurt because orientals win in any sort of competitive game. It's like "meh, they are Chinese, I can't compete".
    They geared up in 25 man, then killed it on 10 man. Your argument is invalid.

  12. #32
    Bloodsail Admiral Hugh Wattmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeas View Post
    No seriously, since the OP is so hot on the topic, please OP answer my question >

    How is it fair to everyone else, for one side in the race to have a big advantage over everyone else and then claim to be the winner?
    I am not saying they did not get a FIRST KILL. I am saying it was not "WORLD FIRST" i am implying the wording is wrong. They got WORLD FIRST EU/US kill yeah i agree 100% but this kill was not a WORLD FIRST kill.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post
    Just wondering really as i always figured they were part of the "WORLD" and this whole world first heroic kill applied to all people all over the world.

    The Chinese/Asia are part of the "World" are they not? Did they not kill the last boss on heroic first?

    Why are people discriminating against the Chinese/Asia. Do you think they are "lesser people".

    Lable the kill "EU/US FIRST" sure but not "WORLD FIRST" that is just not accurate you are devaluing the Chinese/Asia they play this game also and are just as much a part of it as you.

    I expect allot of EU/US is harder, Chinese/Asin's had better kit etc etc, but no just no! They should not apply at all they still got the "WORLD FIRST HEROIC".
    They have different advantages that others don't. Separate lockouts = more gear = easier kill.

    People will have their own opinions on this, mine is that they had an advantage that others didn't and to me that takes them out of the race.

    Not to discredit their skill or dedication in the matter, because what they did is still impressive, but Method did it with less. Without the separate lockout advantage, I don't believe that guild would have gotten there first.

  14. #34
    This Asian guild for world first 10 man, Method got world first 25 man. The end.

  15. #35
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    JVM
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post
    I am not saying they did not get a FIRST KILL. I am saying it was not "WORLD FIRST" i am implying the wording is wrong. They got WORLD FIRST EU/US kill yeah i agree 100% but this kill was not a WORLD FIRST kill.
    No, the wording is not wrong, US and EU still play the same game with the same rules (more or less) hence they still are int the player invented "World First Race". Asia has a lot more differences in WoW, hence they are not included in the said race. How is that so difficult to understand? There is no need to separate US and EU, since everything is the same (save the timezone).

  16. #36
    Brewmaster Wiyld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Secret Underground Lair
    Posts
    1,493
    I think we need to find every single diner claiming to serve the best coffee in the world/town/city and force them to stop. There should only be ONE diner with the best coffee in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

  17. #37
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post
    It would make for a more interesting Olympics if they did.. Anyway that would not be the Olympics it would have a different name with different rules. What is being raid here is World of Warcraft is different in china to the EU/US but it's still being labeled the exact same.
    Exactly, asia world first. Not world first.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  18. #38
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    JVM
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    This Asian guild for Asia first 10 man, Method got world first 25 man. The end.
    Fixed that for you.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    This well end well.

    Now from my limited knowledge of their setup, do the bosses not have more HP and damage to compensate for the higher item level? If so it would put them on a similar footing, and I would regard it as a case of them being counted as part of the race.

    Personally I would move away from world first and do regions, considering US gets a head start on EU and Asia being on a slightly different setup I would say it should be a case of record each kill from any region as just that. Discriminating the Asian servers from our lists and then labeling any kill as a world first seems a bit arrogant imo. Doing Region 1st kills makes more sense.
    You see, that is what you don´t understand. YES.. the bosses on 25M have more health and do more damage.. and they give higher ilvl loot. But the world first kill was done on 10M using the loot from 25M. The 10M does NOT have higher health and hps.

    In EU and USA, Heroic Garrosh is the most difficult encounter. The guild from China did NOT kill the hardest boss they have, which is 25M with the higher health and damage to compensate for the higher ilvl gear.

  20. #40
    i'm curious as to when, like yourself, the naysayers are going to take all the hard facts and evidence to prove that they don't belong in the world first race?

    seriously, i'm fucking completely dumbfounded curious.

    there has been multiple threads with the same thing being posted over and over. as includes this one. fucking fuck people! stop ignoring the facts as to why they don't belong in the "world first" race.

    at all. nothing more to see here. the train has reached its designated destination.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •