Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Curanhadin View Post
    Its just how it is, Superbowl winner is world champ, World series winner is world champ, and so on and so on.
    This fits perfectly -- because they are playing different sports, which is pretty much the conventional wisdom on Asia vs. US/EU progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post
    Why are people discriminating against the Chinese/Asia. Do you think they are "lesser people".
    no we don't think they are "lesser people". the real question is, why do people like you keep asking these questions that have been answered a thousand times now?!

1) they do not have shared lockouts - that means they can clear both 10 + 25 in the same id
    2) they have better gear from 25
    3) they killed the 10 boss with 25 gear
    4) they have shorter id-lockouts (i'm not really sure if this is still "active")

even if only the first three points are correct, that advantage is just too big to count them into the "rest of the world" race. it's just game mechanics, not racism...

The Asian guild was not world first! My friend plays on a private server and killed heroic Garrosh three days after 5.4 was released. Now never you mind that they have access to 20 item drops per boss per week and the bosses have a different amount of health. It is 100% totally the same race and they did it FIRST! So what if they are allowed access to Heroics after the first lockout which resets 4 times per week on the private server he plays on. I feel like people are just mad because hes and American and people can't accept that a US guild got a world first Heroic Garrosh Kill clearly Asian players are racist for disregarding their kill.

Yeah sounds like a really stupid argument right?

Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    By that measure why arent we allowing private servers into the race as well? Why are we discriminating agaisnt those that choose to play on a server not controlled by blizzard? Untill you can show me CLEAR RULES that you have to play on a blizzard server then why are we discriminating against the guilds that got the kill on day one on private servers?

I like this game it's easy to play when you toss out common sense!
    Common sense then you said about Private servers?

Blizzard made the setup for Asias lock outs and 10/25 loot etc. The Asian players have no control over this. However if a 25man guild who get better loot in 25man then do a 10man Heroic kill as it would be easier that _SHOULD_ be discounted as its unfair.

However Asia/US/EU should all be judged separate from one another and done as region firsts in 10 or 25man respectively.

Asians didn't cheat, they played the game according the game rules made by Blizzard.

And (using another, very often used "argument" around here) if you don't like the rules, you don't need to participate in the race.
    My wife came to me and asked: "What have you done to the poor cat? She is half dead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    So olympic runners should be allowed take perfomance enhancing drugs? First is first.
    You may take whatever drugs or enhancements needed or required to help you obtain world first video game kills as there isn't any rules against that except for the ones in your country/state/provenance or where ever your location by law. Random loot drops getting better gear over another guild, to stacking the most overpowered classes and profession for an encounter. It's all fair game. There isn't a preset of rules where you need to have XX Classes with XX Races or XX Item Level to qualify to be in the race or obtain world first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    *face palm* you just don't get it do you?

It cannot be a world first as it does not include the entire world as it does not include each region that plays the game. Blizzard are the ones who changed their model in Asia so its hard for those players to have any say in the matter.

doing it by region is logical while claiming US/EU is a world first race when a separate region who albiet have a different setup cannot compete is just nonsense.

If we want to split hairs like many posters on here do with Asia we should consider the US has an unfair advantage as they start the day before the EU.
    10 hours difference is hardly comparable to double lockouts and 2/4 upgraded gears. The point you guys seem to refuse to accept is they don't play the same game therefore it is totally invalid to the race. You could argue neither <Method> or <squigglylines> got the world first as Garrosh must have been killed by Dev teams..

Personally I would move away from world first and do regions, considering US gets a head start on EU and Asia being on a slightly different setup I would say it should be a case of record each kill from any region as just that. Discriminating the Asian servers from our lists and then labeling any kill as a world first seems a bit arrogant imo. Doing Region 1st kills makes more sense.
    OR and this is a novel idea, stop showing overt favoritism to some regions in order to garner their profit share.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Their version of WoW raiding is very different from the rest of the world so in that respect they are not considered for 'real' world first races.
    interesting, i bet that´s exactly what they are saying

When the fanboys didn't get their way

15+ Year Old Account
    Common sense then you said about Private servers?

Blizzard made the setup for Asias lock outs and 10/25 loot etc. The Asian players have no control over this. However if a 25man guild who get better loot in 25man then do a 10man Heroic kill as it would be easier that _SHOULD_ be discounted as its unfair.

However Asia/US/EU should all be judged separate from one another and done as region firsts in 10 or 25man respectively.
    The private server players have no controll over how the server admin will enforce the rules just like the aisian market has no say about how there servers are ran... I fail to see the difference!

See when you don't use common sence you can make any argument seem valid even if its bat shit crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post
    When did the Chinese/Asia stop being part of the "WORLD"?
    When Blizzard decided to completely fuck US / EU players over by applying a tremendously different ruleset to the Asian servers.

Quote Originally Posted by lootinc View Post
    I don't see how the OP can be this ignorant?

The ONLY way I could see an asian guild getting an actual world first, is when they kill it in half the amount of resets that the EU/US needed
    As for no clear rules, Go read Manaflask thread: http://manaflask.com/en/articles/the...-clarification

These rules have been used ever since Asian guilds got their double resets/lockout & ilvl upgrade. It is not their fault that YOU didn't read about them.
    You should stop trying to enforce your rules on everyone else. If you want to have your own rules, than go make a copy of WoWprogress with asian guilds!

/end thread
    Method killed it in 3 resets the Asian guild killed it in 4. Asia's 5.4 patch came out a week after EU's patch did. Giving them 1 week head start to clear normal.

I'm pretty sure all of you have gone waaaay off topic.

The clear answer to the question in the subject is:

December 7, 1941

#MURICA

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-10-01 at 07:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    OR and this is a novel idea, stop showing overt favoritism to some regions in order to garner their profit share.
    So true

1 WoW for all would remove this semantic arguing about World First. Grats to Method again on getting that.

Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    10 hours difference is hardly comparable to double lockouts and 2/4 upgraded gears. The point you guys seem to refuse to accept is they don't play the same game therefore it is totally invalid to the race. You could argue neither <Method> or <squigglylines> got the world first as Garrosh must have been killed by Dev teams..
    You guys? No don't lump me in with anyone else. If you read my post and understood that (which you clearly did not) you would know this.

They should do it by regions as this stops a lot of the bullshit of "world" first threads like this. Since blizzard are the ones who made the lockouts and loot and bosses for Asia as they are, the asian guys dont have much of a chance to join in this race do they? It is like Fifa saying clubs in Asia have to field 2 Extra players in their international matches then the rest of the world saying that any asian team cannot compete in the world cup.

While it gives them an edge and is unfair its something those people have no control over.

Doing it as US first EU first and Asia first on 10 and 25 separately makes more logical sense do you not agree?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    The private server players have no controll over how the server admin will enforce the rules just like the aisian market has no say about how there servers are ran... I fail to see the difference!

See when you don't use common sence you can make any argument seem valid even if its bat shit crazy!
    The only one that is bat shit crazy is yours. Private servers are a choice, its not the endorsed game set by blizzard the encounters are not setup on there and are done by third parties not endorsed by blizzard fail fucking logic. So it does not count end of discussion. Players wanting to play wow in Asia play the asian version that blizzard made. These guys dont have much control on how the lockouts and encounters are done same with the loot.

Doing Regional first is logical sense. Separating them into EU first US first Asia first makes it a fair race as they compete against their regions.

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    no we don't think they are "lesser people". the real question is, why do people like you keep asking these questions that have been answered a thousand times now?!

1) they do not have shared lockouts - that means they can clear both 10 + 25 in the same id
    2) they have better gear from 25
    3) they killed the 10 boss with 25 gear
    4) they have shorter id-lockouts (i'm not really sure if this is still "active")

even if only the first three points are correct, that advantage is just too big to count them into the "rest of the world" race. it's just game mechanics, not racism...
    yep. so basically wrath but with shorter lockouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Why are scores higher in American football than football played in the rest of the world?

It's because a "goal" in football is worth one point in almost every country, but 7 in America. And the Americans are wearing armor.

Same name doesn't make it the same game.

Actually, a Touchdown is worth 6 points, a Field Goal is worth 3.

On Topic, When you have vastly different rules or equipment, the challenge is not equivalent, so the accomplishment is not equivalent. Sort of like two hunters talking about when the each killed a wild boar. The first one was proud because he killed it from 700 yards away with his high powered rifle, and the second hunter was less than 20 yards away....with a bow and arrow. Different equipment, different challenge, different accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Sorry not following you here, I gain no profit. (if its not aimed at me my apologies)

Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    So true

1 WoW for all would remove this semantic arguing about World First. Grats to Method again on getting that.
    Much the same arguement as I make for the whole Looking For Retards, Flex for the handicapped, normal, heroic topic.

Infracted: Please post constructively and avoid labeling parts of the game in a way that gives offense. Thanks [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-10-01 at 03:44 PM.