Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Angry When did the Chinese/Asia stop being part of the "WORLD"?

Just wondering really as i always figured they were part of the "WORLD" and this whole world first heroic kill applied to all people all over the world.

The Chinese/Asia are part of the "World" are they not? Did they not kill the last boss on heroic first?

Why are people discriminating against the Chinese/Asia. Do you think they are "lesser people".

Lable the kill "EU/US FIRST" sure but not "WORLD FIRST" that is just not accurate you are devaluing the Chinese/Asia they play this game also and are just as much a part of it as you.

I expect allot of EU/US is harder, Chinese/Asin's had better kit etc etc, but no just no! They should not apply at all they still got the "WORLD FIRST HEROIC".

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post
    Just wondering really as i always figured they were part of the "WORLD" and this whole world first heroic kill applied to all people all over the world.

The Chinese/Asia are part of the "World" are they not? Did they not kill the last boss on heroic first?

Why are people discriminating against the Chinese/Asia. Do you think they are "lesser people".

Lable the kill "EU/US FIRST" sure but not "WORLD FIRST" that is just not accurate you are devaluing the Chinese/Asia they play this game also and are just as much a part of it as you.

I expect allot of EU/US is harder, Chinese/Asin's had better kit etc etc, but no just no! They should not apply at all they still got the "WORLD FIRST HEROIC".
    They can raid normal and heroic in the same week afaik that is a pretty big advantage.

The reasoning people have is because they had higher ilvl gear without 10 man being scaled higher, in china they are able to upgrade their gear four times and I think the 25 man loot is also higher ilvl. Not to mention they have separate lockouts for 10 and 25 man.

It's just not fair to compare it with eu and us with the obvious buffs they have in comparison.

15+ Year Old Account
    They have more lockouts, they can upgrade their gear more, and their gear has higher ilvl. That is why a lot of people don't take them into account anymore for the world first race as it's not a fair race anymore.

As far as I know, Asia has 2 raid resets a week, bringing them a tremendous advantage. Just compare the average ilvl of the people who killed it first to Method / Blood Legion for example. This may devalue the world first kill a lot.

Not Asia, just China or maybe all of Asia?. Anyway, when they stopped playing by the same rules as everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

First, why assume people think they are lesser? Perhaps they think Asians are better, and thus don't want to compete in the same bracket?

Second, and the actual answer to your question, it's because the rewards and difficulty are different on Asian servers. http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/12/13/25...ards-on-asian/

Their version of WoW raiding is very different from the rest of the world so in that respect they are not considered for 'real' world first races.

This well end well.

Now from my limited knowledge of their setup, do the bosses not have more HP and damage to compensate for the higher item level? If so it would put them on a similar footing, and I would regard it as a case of them being counted as part of the race.

Personally I would move away from world first and do regions, considering US gets a head start on EU and Asia being on a slightly different setup I would say it should be a case of record each kill from any region as just that. Discriminating the Asian servers from our lists and then labeling any kill as a world first seems a bit arrogant imo. Doing Region 1st kills makes more sense.

They stopped being part of the race when they were given access to items several ilevels higher than everyone else

Seems obvious. And seems like you might be a little quick to rush to claims of racism. Not every one is evil and it to keep you down.

In World of Warcraft only EU/US are part of a team competition. Anyone outside of the teams within the countries allowed to compete don't have a chance at the "World Cup" sort of experience.

Then should the kills not be labeled "WORLD FIRST (EU/US CLIENT)" Or something i still do not see the logic.. FIRST means to kill something first and WORLD means everyone.

They both fit into the WORLD and FIRST criteria regardless of difficulty.

players with twice the lockouts cannot be in a fair competition with the rest of the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    First, why assume people think they are lesser? Perhaps they think Asians are better, and thus don't want to compete in the same bracket?

Second, and the actual answer to your question, it's because the rewards and difficulty are different on Asian servers. http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/12/13/25...ards-on-asian/
    asian chicks are way better
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    They have 2 resets a week. 10 and 25 are seperate lockouts. Normal and heroic are seperate lockouts. Gear can be upgraded 4 times. iLvl is higher by default.

Deleted
    I'm not 100% sure of the facts, but in Asia WoW players have separate lockouts for 25 man and 10 man, higher item levels due to being able to upgrade an item 4 times, instead of 2 and to offset this, they have only 8% increase in difficulty. You understand that having separate lockouts virtually means they are 2-3 weeks ahead of everyone else? You can't really compare in this situation as the circumstances are too different. And please don't try to skew the issue and call everyone that disagrees with the kill racist. WoW is a different game there, so it should be treated as such.

No one is stopping them from having a local race where the same rules and opportunities apply to all participants, but how is it fair to have an advantage over everyone else and claim to be the best?
    Last edited by mmoc42047a68a3; 2013-10-01 at 02:06 PM.

US gets access to raid sooner as EU, Asia gets no lockouts and higher ilevel. Blizzard style competition. But as the ultimate argument says, "Blizzard is a company out to make money", and they make lots of money with it, so it is okay!
    My wife came to me and asked: "What have you done to the poor cat? She is half dead..."

They don't play the same game as the rest of the world. They therefore aren't included in world first races.

/endthread

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe this was even a thread. Seems like it was made to create drama and should be closed.

They have vastly unfair advantages by getting higher ilvl loot, more chances to raid, and various other quirks that are not present in the rest of the game. I can only imagine it is to cater to raiders in internet cafes who pay by time played instead of a flat subscription, in order to both maximize the time they play and entice them to play more.

It would be like awarding gold medals in swimming to a country who got 4 attempts at the best time and also had a shorter pool to swim laps in.
    BAD WOLF

Then should the kills not be labeled "WORLD FIRST (EU/US CLIENT)" Or something i still do not see the logic.. FIRST means to kill something first and WORLD means everyone.

Doesn't matter if you see the logic or not. Doesn't change the fact that Asia isn't considered part of world first races.

So olympic runners should be allowed take perfomance enhancing drugs? First is first.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne