Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It all would be a lot better if they divided it by continents, EU first kill, Asian first kill etc, everybody is playing under different rules, NA gets inside information and 1 day advantage, Asia got some insane loot and twice the reset, it's impossible to make good comparisons when the playing field is different. Give it a rest and make your own definition on whats world first, for me it's when paragon kill Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    It all would be a lot better if they divided it by continents, EU first kill, Asian first kill etc, everybody is playing under different rules, NA gets inside information and 1 day advantage, Asia got some insane loot and twice the reset, it's impossible to make good comparisons when the playing field is different. Give it a rest and make your own definition on whats world first, for me it's when paragon kill Garrosh.
    I can maybe understand the 1 day advantage... but inside information? Not aware of that.

I found out "Asiasoft" runs WoW in some Asian countries. They make the rules. Different rules, different companies, different game.

Asian guild who killed Garrosh had 573ilvl.
    If for example 100 guilds from EU (10man) will have same gear, only 2% will kill him in ~48hrs. Rest of the guilds will just wipefest for weeks.
    I'm sure if this guild had 566-568 (which is normal nowadays), Asia would still won this race.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    they still play wow. bosses have 10-15% more health and deal more damage. it just sucks that asias accomplishments gets swept under the rug. oh well que sera, sera apocalypse got 10m H method got 25m H. GG to both
    They get gear tuned for bossess to have 10-15% more health....but you clearly missed that 10 man doesnt have extra health thus it is less of an accomplishment unless they only run 10 man. Which they didn't

Quote Originally Posted by Naggash View Post
    If for example 100 guilds from EU (10man) will have same gear, only 2% will kill him in ~48hrs. Rest of the guilds will just wipefest for weeks.
    I'm sure if this guild had 566-568 (which is normal nowadays), Asia would still won this race.
    Why not give them equal ilvl with equal lockout timers LOL.

You wouldn't win a race if 2 guilds beat you to it. And they havent beaten current content yet.... only method has.
    Asia only beat easy mode content so far

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    They get gear tuned for bossess to have 10-15% more health....but you clearly missed that 10 man doesnt have extra health thus it is less of an accomplishment unless they only run 10 man. Which they didn't
    No, the bosses just have 8% HP / do 8% more damage for the 2/4 upgraded gear they drop. We cant say, if its balanced or not, hence they can do their own Asian race to asian-world firsts.

Which is like 30% extra damage compared to the rest of the world. Hence, not the same.

Think of this way: The world first Yogg-0 kill was done by having a paladin with Righteous Fury use Divine Intervention and get soulstoned by a warlock in the brain room. The warlock spammed Life Tap and the paladin spam healed him, causing the paladin to get aggro on all of the adds that spawned in the main room. This reduced the difficulty of the fight immensely and allowed a guild that had no business getting a world first to get the first kill.

No doubt about it, it was the world first kill. It was, however, not a legitimate kill and it was treated as such.

The world first 10-man heroic Garrosh kill was done using inflated 25-man heroic gear in a region where such is possible. In other words, they outgeared the fight and had an advantage that the rest of the regions did not have.

Yes, it was a world first kill... but it was still an unfair kill (when compared to the rest of the regions!). It's like me going 5 years into the future and coming back with a PC with all of the newest components and then posting my Futuremark (or whatever benchmark utilities people use) scores and saying, "I win."

It's already been said, but: Different Rules, Different Game.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-10-01 at 04:34 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post
    The Chinese/Asia are part of the "World" are they not? Did they not kill the last boss on heroic first?
    Nope, they have a different version of the boss, just like we don't care about LFR Garrosh or Normal Mode Garrosh world first, we don't care about Asian Garrosh with his dmg and hp increase on 25 and inflated ilvl raiders on 10.
    Last edited by IKT; 2013-10-01 at 04:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Asia have double weeks advantage ( 1 = 2 / 2 = 4 ...etc) so they can out gear him much faster than rest of world > Asia HC same as normal NA/EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wondering really as i always figured they were part of the "WORLD" and this whole world first heroic kill applied to all people all over the world.
    Because their raid lockouts works in a different way. They can run both 10 and 25man the same week, and their gear from 25man is higher ilvl etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not saying they did not get a FIRST KILL. I am saying it was not "WORLD FIRST" i am implying the wording is wrong. They got WORLD FIRST EU/US kill yeah i agree 100% but this kill was not a WORLD FIRST kill.
    It was world first 25man kill.

i bet OP is from blood legion #burn

I expect allot of EU/US is harder, Chinese/Asin's had better kit etc etc, but no just no! They should not apply at all they still got the "WORLD FIRST HEROIC".
    It applies. This isn't some discrimination thing, despite your attempts to make it so. They have different lockouts, different gear, etc, hence it's not an actual world first.

You wouldn't give a marathon win to someone on a bicycle, would you? Sure, they'd still cross the finish line first, but they didn't win the race.

You'll get over it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    It applies. This isn't some discrimination thing, despite your attempts to make it so. They have different lockouts, different gear, etc, hence it's not an actual world first.

You wouldn't give a marathon win to someone on a bicycle, would you? Sure, they'd still cross the finish line first, but they didn't win the race.

You'll get over it.
    I thought that they got the extra item levels on their gear to compensate for the increased difficulty of the bosses in their region. When you consider the increased boss difficulty versus the increased gear stats it should on balance be very similar to the rest of the world.

As I understand it raid bosses in Asia have more health and do considerably more damage than bosses in the EU/US, hence the requirement for higher item level gear. Always struck me as an odd set up though, and it is a bit of a piss take for a 25 man geared raid to cheese the 10 man achievement in any case, regardless of what region you play in. I do think that 10 man and 25 man content should be exclusive, on a per character per current tier basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Korbany View Post
    I thought that they got the extra item levels on their gear to compensate for the increased difficulty of the bosses in their region. When you consider the increased boss difficulty versus the increased gear stats it should on balance be very similar to the rest of the world.
    it's starting to feel like don quichotte against the windmill. yes, the bosses in 25 have 10% more hp. yes, the gear in 25 has 8 iLvls more. yes, they killed the weaker 10 version with gear from 25. yes, they still have more lockouts.

Deleted
    In terms of difficulty winning the world first race, even if we counted Asia it'd be Asia > US > EU.

Asia gets the sick iLevels and twice the drops at no penalty in the 10man bracket, and US gets the content ~16 hours before EU + hotfixes are usually applied on the US servers first (hotfixes sometimes being an advantage, sometimes an advantage.)

I'm all for considering each bracket on their own, but Method definitely gets the most credit imo, with a 16 hour disadvantage against the US (With Garrosh still being undefeated overseas) - and the ridiculous 10 item level difference between the west and the East

Deleted
    People are racists, face it. They only care for their own kind

Last time I checked we are all playing world of warcraft

Short answer: Because China is not competing with anyone, they have a pretty big advantage, therefore they don't count. The rest of the world actually have the same rules and therefore they are in the "world race". If you're going to nitpick about technical terms ("world", "first"), we'll be here next year discussing the same shit back and forth. In short, it has always been called world first, and just because one part of the wow community suddenly has a huge advantage doesn't mean we should call shit differently.