Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    In terms of difficulty winning the world first race, even if we counted Asia it'd be Asia > US > EU.

Asia gets the sick iLevels and twice the drops at no penalty in the 10man bracket, and US gets the content ~16 hours before EU + hotfixes are usually applied on the US servers first (hotfixes sometimes being an advantage, sometimes an advantage.)

I'm all for considering each bracket on their own, but Method definitely gets the most credit imo, with a 16 hour disadvantage against the US (With Garrosh still being undefeated overseas) - and the ridiculous 10 item level difference between the west and the East
    Does the US get content 16 hours ahead of time, or just while the EU players sleep? I think thats a huge difference.

Different rules, different race.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Last time I checked we are all playing world of warcraft
    Not really. Same name, different game. Blizzard isn't in charge over there, "Asiasoft" makes the rules there as far as I know.

China guild killed FIRST HEROIC GARROSH.
    Deal. With. It.

Someone who is saying otherwise is stupid idiot.
    Note for moderators:
    (It isn't flaming, I'm just saying the truth it's like saying: water is H2O. I think I can say that someone is stupid idiot when he says "H2O isn't water".)

It doesn't mean if they had higher iLvL or something, they killed him first, what's so hard to understand? Maybe they had advantage, maybe they had this higher ilvl but still FIRST KILL is a FIRST KILL.
    Stop this "Unfair Race" thing. US have boss one day before and I haven't seen any American guild kill Garrosh HC, but already EUROPEAN guild did that, does that mean European kill doesn't count? Of course it is, and it is second heroic Garrosh kill, but FIRST 25-man kill.
    And also, please... Stop flaming each other, china guild wasn't using any exploits or cheats, they did it the best as they can with fair methods.

If I go setup a basketball hoop at 20 feet outside and use a ladder to dunk on it, am I the "first" person to ever dunk on a 20 foot rim?

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    China guild killed FIRST HEROIC GARROSH.
    Deal. With. It.

Someone who is saying otherwise is stupid idiot.
    Note for moderators:
    (It isn't flaming, I'm just saying the truth it's like saying: water is H2O. I think I can say that someone is stupid idiot when he says "H2O isn't water".)

It doesn't mean if they had higher iLvL or something, they killed him first, what's so hard to understand? Maybe they had advantage, maybe they had this higher ilvl but still FIRST KILL is a FIRST KILL.
    Stop this "Unfair Race" thing. US have boss one day before and I haven't seen any American guild kill Garrosh HC, but already EUROPEAN guild did that, does that mean European kill doesn't count? Of course it is, and it is second heroic Garrosh kill, but FIRST 25-man kill.
    And also, please... Stop flaming each other, china guild wasn't using any exploits or cheats, they did it the best as they can with fair methods.
    You're the only one flaming. EU did in fact get the First kill.

You're comparing two different games.

Anyone playing on the US/EU realms or another realm with the same ruleset is imo apart of the world race, Asia is not playing under the same rule set 10 man and 25 man does not share lockout. In 25 man all bosses have a 10% health and damage buff and drop gear that's already got 2+ upgrades (That you can upgrade twice again), I guess that would be kinda fine but then when you take all the warforged 4/4 upgraded 588 ilvl gear to hc 10 man that does not have a damage or health buff is were it's unfair.

This is also the 3rd week of the patch and 2nd of the HC race. In total EU/US guilds have been able to kill:
    -14 bosses on normal
    -28 bosses on HC
    In Asia they have been able to kill
    28 bosses on normal(of which 14 drop 8+ ilvl loot)
    56 bosses on HC(of which 28 drop 8+ ilvl loot)

If you want to compare the two regions I guess your best bet would be to count each reset in Asia as 2 resets on West servers. So if no guilds would have killed it in the west for another 2 weeks I would say Asia was the fastest.

If any Asian guild want to be accepted into the real world first race they can raid on the EU/US servers under the same set of rules.

Btw anyone comparing this to the 1 extra day US gets because of resets. Wow-progress already rates a EU kill higher then a simultaneous US kill because of that. or for a US guild to get world first of wowprogress any EU guild can't kill the same boss for at least 1 day (or whatever the timezones workout to be) for US to get a world first.
    Last edited by Axelond; 2013-10-01 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post

No, they didn't as you can see China guild killed him first, they got their achievement first. You're the one who's looking for flame-war.

29.09.13: China guild killed Garrosh on heroic mode 10-man
    01.10.13: Method killed Garrosh on heroic mode 25-man

If you don't know which date comes first: 29.09.13 or 01.10.13, then there's problem with you, not me. I'm just saying facts, but probably some people who can't stand that their nice, cool guilds weren't first. They just have to live with it. Maybe next time Blood Legion or Method will be first, but not this time, sorry.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2013-10-01 at 08:26 PM.

They seem to count when they tally up subscribers as playing the same game.

No one is disputing they can gear up faster and therefore have an easier time killing the boss. You can't fault them for that tho. That is the way the game works in the East. No one seems to care the US has a days head start. May not be fair but they are playing by the rules laid out by Blizzard so it is a legitimate world first kill.

No, they didn't as you can see China guild killed him first, they got their achievement first. You're the one who's looking for flame-war.
    Too bad for you that 99% of the playerbase who keeps track of this knows that Method was indeed the 1st guild to get a kill in. Asia WoW is like a pick up football game while the rest of the world plays in the pro's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post

No one is disputing they can gear up faster and therefore have an easier time killing the boss. You can't fault them for that tho. That is the way the game works in the East. No one seems to care the US has a days head start. May not be fair but they are playing by the rules laid out by Blizzard so it is a legitimate world first kill.
    Actuall it's not. Asia wow might as well be considered a different game. Different game = different league. Different league = no world first kill.

No, you're the only one flaming. The Chinese guild is under different rules, and is not governed by Blizzard. The EU got the first kill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post

Blizzard is contracting the game out to a different company that sets the rules that. Different rules, different company, different race.

I'm not faulting them, I'm just being practical. I'm also curious about that days head start. IS the content actually live sooner, or just while its night in the EU?

Deleted
    Does the US get content 16 hours ahead of time, or just while the EU players sleep? I think thats a huge difference.
    You get it tuesday @ 11 AM, yes? We get it wednesday, so while we're ~8 hours ahead of you, and we get it @ 11 AM the day after, that makes it 16 hours ahead of us.

It's not released simultaneously, not even on the same date. We're also not asleep when you get it, as it's 7 PM here when the clock ticks 11 AM overseas.
    Last edited by mmoc1ea225bcc9; 2013-10-01 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    You get it tuesday @ 11 AM, yes? We get it wednesday, so while we're ~8 hours ahead of you, and we get it @ 11 AM the day after, that makes it 16 hours ahead of us.

It's not released simultaneously, not even on the same date. We're also not asleep when you get it, as it's 7 PM here when the clock ticks 11 AM overseas.
    Why don't they release them simultaneously?

15+ Year Old Account
    That is like saying Team A is first becuase they have 4 wins and 1 loss and Teab B is second because they have only 1 win and 0 losses.... how bout you let team B play the other 4 games to see who really is in first? First to the W is not neceserely first if you don't take all the variables into account.

Calling others stupid idiots while not taking any variables into account is just.... nvm I'm speechless!

It's like looking at a CFL QB and an NFL QB and saying the NFL QB is way better at handoffs becuase they get more yards that way while TOTALY ignoring the fact that one legue has 3 downs while the other has 4 downs.

No, you're the only one flaming. The Chinese guild is under different rules, and is not governed by Blizzard. The EU got the first kill.
    No, China got the first world kill, EU got the second world kill.
    Check dates mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Actuall it's not. Asia wow might as well be considered a different game. Different game = different league. Different league = no world first kill.
    If it's different league then why Method should get first Garrosh Heroic mode kill? They're playing World of Warcraft, aren't they?
    Method= First EU kill.
    Chinese Guild= First World kill and First Asia Kill.
    :-)
    Simple as that.
    I'm sorry if you don't understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    Calling others stupid idiots while not taking any variables into account is just.... nvm I'm speechless!
    Analogies in this situations are kinda useless mate! As you can see I'm not calling anyone stupid idiots(maybe just people who don't know what comes first 29.09 or 01.10, but still). First kill is a first kill. You cannot deny that.

Blizzard already have tons of problems on patch days, realm maintenance so doesn't it sound easier to only have to deal with half of your western player base on day and the other half of your western player base the next day instead of having to hotfix/patch/update both servers at the same time?

Check dates mate.

If it's different league then why Method should get first Garrosh Heroic mode kill? They're playing World of Warcraft, aren't they?
    Method= First EU kill.
    Chinese Guild= First World kill and First Asia Kill.
    :-)
    Simple as that.
    I'm sorry if you don't understand that.

Analogies in this situations are kinda useless mate! As you can see I'm not calling anyone stupid idiots(maybe just people who don't know what comes first 29.09 or 01.10, but still). First kill is a first kill. You cannot deny that.
    Even most eastern guilds have said that they aren't in the world first race, simply because of how it's designed over there.

Check dates mate.
    False. Different game, different rules. Method wins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    Blizzard already have tons of problems on patch days, realm maintenance so doesn't it sound easier to only have to deal with half of your western player base on day and the other half of your western player base the next day instead of having to hotfix/patch/update both servers at the same time?
    I just figured they would different teams for different servers/regions

Deleted

29.09.13: China guild killed Garrosh on heroic mode 10-man
    01.10.13: Method killed Garrosh on heroic mode 25-man

If you don't know which date comes first: 29.09.13 or 01.10.13, then there's problem with you, not me. I'm just saying facts, but probably some people who can't stand that their nice, cool guilds weren't first. They just have to live with it. Maybe next time Blood Legion or Method will be first, but not this time, sorry.
    I soloed Garrosh on the PTR by bugging the instance into spawning him, him bugging out and never attacking.

According to your logic, that would make the world first mine.

(Didn't happen btw, in case the sarcasm was too vague, just getting my point across, and before you reply, the EU encounter is NOT identical to the Asian one, given the vast gear differences, as stated a gazillion times in this thread)

Because downtime during the night for you, would be downtime during the day for us and vice versa.

PS. Man, I'm way too liberal with my commas. Gotta fix that :/
    Last edited by mmoc1ea225bcc9; 2013-10-01 at 08:46 PM.

False. Different game, different rules. Method wins.
    It isn't different game.

Why everyone are just so hateful to me? I'm just saying that Asia got the FIRST HEROIC GARROSH KILL. And it's TRUTH. God dammit , it's in fact FIRST KILL. It doesn't mean if they had +50 or even +200 ilvl gear.
    If some people from Burning Legion has less 1-4 ilvl than guys from Method does that mean their kill is first one because they had smaller item level? I don't think so.