A couple garrosh normal questions

Hey guy's my group is progressing on 10 man normal garrosh, our best attempt is 15% left in p3 (was the first time we seen p3) And I have a few questions.

As A prot pally is their an easier way than juggling righteous fury macro to NOT pick up all the p2 adds if i sneeze? At the moment if i have eternal flame or lights prism cast on anyone i have about 5 unpeelable adds on me.

Also a more general question speaking of which - in p3, do you guys continue to kill the adds, kite them or tank them? I've seen guides say basically all three, (and if kite how does your other tank not die hard core from the stacks?)

I think we'll have our kill soon theirs just a couple things standing in front of victory

Once you've got empowered whirling corruption you can turn off your righteous fury for the reminder of the fight. No need to ever turn it on again.

Depending on your dps you can either completely ignore the adds, kill them or kite them with your offtank. You really need to decide yourself what's best for your raid.
    The debuff really doesn't do that much damage. Just use personals or external cds and the tank will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by yamilonewolf View Post
    Hey guy's my group is progressing on 10 man normal garrosh, our best attempt is 15% left in p3 (was the first time we seen p3) And I have a few questions.

As A prot pally is their an easier way than juggling righteous fury macro to NOT pick up all the p2 adds if i sneeze? At the moment if i have eternal flame or lights prism cast on anyone i have about 5 unpeelable adds on me.

Also a more general question speaking of which - in p3, do you guys continue to kill the adds, kite them or tank them? I've seen guides say basically all three, (and if kite how does your other tank not die hard core from the stacks?)

I think we'll have our kill soon theirs just a couple things standing in front of victory
    I didn't toggle my righteous fury. I just stopped using aoe abilities. The other people in the group should be getting theirs and killing them. P3 we kited. I kited as a prot paladin glyphed to stun elementals and have my aoe blinding light stun as well. Toss up avenging wrath, put hots on everyone and then kited. I also tanked the boss first, so when the adds come out in whirl phase my co tank didn't already have 3stacks, he was fresh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    Once you've got empowered whirling corruption you can turn off your righteous fury for the reminder of the fight. No need to ever turn it on again.
    Unless his guild wants him to kite. And it depends on the damage his co tank can crank out. I know my guild wanted everyone to do as much as possible, tanks included.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just toggle off RF. That far into the fight Garrosh should have so much threat built up that the other tank wont be able to pull off aggro without taunting. We let our warrior tank just hold the adds in P3. The stacks aren't really an issue as long as you properly chain CDs, our healers had us test in P2 how many stacks they could comfortably heal and found that 10 was still pretty easy to deal with.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2014-01-27 at 11:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Unless his guild wants him to kite. And it depends on the damage his co tank can crank out. I know my guild wanted everyone to do as much as possible, tanks included.
    Trust me, during Garrosh 25M Heroic, I'm turning my RF off once we've got empowered whirling corruptions and I never turn it on again for the reminder of the fight. There's no need to.
    If his guild wants him to kite he obviously he needs to turn it on, of course.

Back when we did 10M Heroic Garrosh, I solo tanked Garrosh during P3 and I ended with up 9 - 11 stacks of the debuff and never found it to be threatening.
    Last edited by Snuzzfizzle; 2014-01-27 at 12:02 PM.

I'm the raid leader which is why i'm here asking, though im technicly the main tank :P but i think i can kite it better than our dk, if thats the plan we use,

Snuzz, you mention I can turn off righteous fury, but wouldn't t the other tank take garrosh back when i taunt to get his stacks to drop? with a sneeze if i do that (I'm just notoriously bad at keeping RF up when i need to and ....maaay have wiped the raid by having it off from the last attempt on a pull....a few times)

You can use hand of salvation. 2 mins cd, so it's not every time, but it's a nice, simple way to handle it sometimes.

Edit:
    Guess you could bind Righteous fury to your taunt button for that fight, to make it easier to manage.
    Last edited by Terridon; 2014-01-27 at 12:05 PM.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    We tank phase 3 the following way.

We use guardian (me) and prot. pally as tanks. In phase3 I start tanking the boss; Once I get 3 stacks of tank debuff, pally taunts off from me. Keeps the boss on himself until the adds spawn. Once the adds have arrived, I take boss, he picks up the adds and keeps 'em away from me (has RF and concecration) while I stay on boss. I just rotate my CDs to stay up until the boss is dead. And once I die (happened during our first kill) paladin can keep the boss and adds or when pala dies, I just keep the adds and boss w/ CDs.

We just go all out on boss, and everyone ignores the adds, who ever even sneezes at an add, will get slapped ^^

It is VERY important that practically no adds dies close to another, the amount of damage you get if you have buffed adds on you is bit too much. Even with 572 ilvl...

thanks for all the useful info now we just need to deal with p3 mc's (which might be tricky if im on adds (2 interupts ftw) but i know my guys can handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by yamilonewolf View Post
    you don't need to kite them, just offtank them. as long as nobody kills one, the damage is not that bad. if somebody kills an add on the group your offtank will get pummeled, so make sure nobody is trying to pad meters in P3.

if one of your tanks has an AOE taunt, you can pull off a tank swap if necessary. i think we did on our first kill.

Additionally, if you are in danger of killing one, they are fearable. You can get them low through passive AoE, have a warlock/priest/warrior fear bomb them (or lock single target fear/coil) to split them all up to be picked off. This can end up being a dps (on garrosh) increase for locks as havoc shadowburn snipe-killing adds will put just as much damage on the boss while generating obscene amounts of burning embers.

It's all fairly relative with the adds, you'll probably be just tanking them if you get a second wave of them in P3, but you'll need to figure out a way to deal with ones that get cleaved low (whether that's just having a dps taunt them out to pop them before they buff others, using fear, stunning single ones and moving the rest, or whatever else you happen to find useful). As a tank, I try to get my dps to spend the 3-4 seconds it takes to just kill a lot of them as they spawn. Sure, that's potentially another 8-10 million the boss won't take, but if you remove the first set of adds from the Phase 3 equation, it stays very controllable.