Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    That is because they are good at it :P and it's so easy.

How do you explain people still dieing on Durumu? New players coming in constantly? Or are they all just really slow?
    I think they get so timid about stepping in the purple that they let the beam hit them.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I still can't wait to see what happens with spoils, split into two groups and everyone being able to open boxes, oh boy.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I think they get so timid about stepping in the purple that they let the beam hit them.
    Basically. The maze still isn't that easy to see, and if there isn't a properly marked tank getting everyone started, people tend to freak about standing in the purple and freeze up.

Deleted
    If you got two functioning eyes, seeing the maze is extremely extremely easy, especially after the nerfs.
    Only excuse to not see the maze is really if you are blind.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    If you got two functioning eyes, seeing the maze is extremely extremely easy, especially after the nerfs.
    Only excuse to not see the maze is really if you are blind.
    If you're not on or near the maze then no it's not easy to see. But you can claim whatever you want I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    If you're not on or near the maze then no it's not easy to see. But you can claim whatever you want I guess.
    Since the only way to be far away from the maze is to be hearthed out I'm not sure your point is valid. The only way to miss the new improved visible maze is if your camera is panned to point up your backside.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Since the only way to be far away from the maze is to be hearthed out I'm not sure your point is valid. The only way to miss the new improved visible maze is if your camera is panned to point up your backside.
    I guess you could miss it if you are playing first person and looking straight up in the roof.

they're either going to have to remove mechanics or make them ignorable for most of LFR I think to make it at all possible

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I'll call out on this and say that I have yet to ever see someone deliberately die so they can AFK. I have never seen anyone who feels they "deserve purples" for paying $15 per month. I've seen people that need improvement, sure, but never anyone like this mythical "whining entitled casual" that expects loot for no work at all and wants to AFK through easymode raids.

LOL, if you play a class with a b rez your blind or stupid. NO OFFENSE it isn't personal just a statement of fact. If you don't.... then I can understand and your prolly not one of the people this threads directing its anger at.

Watch your raid frames for ppl who just died to be brez'd and watch them not accept. what do you actually think that means??

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Basically. The maze still isn't that easy to see, and if there isn't a properly marked tank getting everyone started, people tend to freak about standing in the purple and freeze up.
    Sure, because after the 10th time you still freeze up. Maybe some do but really not half the raid every single time.

Fire is also not that easy to see.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    The problem with LFR is that it's way overtuned for a LFR group in ilvl496, people are genuinely expecting over 100k dps from people who have the gear to put out maybe 65-80k in ideal conditions, this isn't perfectly optimised and catered to the class Ilvl496 it is often badly optimised, often ungemmed and unenchanted and often including 3 stat timeless items that aren't much better than ilvl463 5man gear. You take a player with timeless 496 3 stat items with the wrong stats, no reforging, enchants, gemms and screwed up hit/exp caps and you will be lucky if you see them going above 70k dps even if they are a superhero of a player.

The issue with LFR is that it is just overtuned for the entry requirements. Wing 1 is easy and so for the most part doesn't cause much issue, but wing 2 is much harder and the only reason most groups get through is because of overgeared people outweighing the undergeared. And yeah, it's only going to get much much worse further on in the instance.

The Ilvl requirement needs to be raised, because timeless 496 gear is often absolutely horrid.
    Basically any class can pull out 100k dps on ilvl 496, unless there are no gems/enchants and no intetion to perform well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really really recommend running flex instead. If you are on a small server like me, Openraid works really well if you are not doing it with guild. LFR is worse now than it's ever been so if you can, stay clear of it.

did paragons on the ptr lfr mode.. and yes it was a nightmare. thou i think the amber trap had way to much hp for lfr mode. the only way to break it was to use the boss ability "hurl amber" pretty much. (and guess how that went with 15randoms pressing teh damn corpse..) chances of some1 who actually knew wtf to do got teh buff was quite small..