Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    ^This. People abuse the absolute fuck out of WoW's kick system, despite (and sometimes aided by) it's many anti-abuse systems. When the option exists, people tend to kick at the drop of a hat. "You didn't buff me at the exact simultaneous moment I entered the dungeon! I only run with healers who can violate causality!" *kick*

Meanwhile, not having the kick forces you to be more patient, and often you realize that the scrub you so desperately wanted to kick is actually learning really fast. That, or your anal anguish becomes so great that your bowels implode and you die from internal hemorrhaging. Which is fine, because people who are that impatient really don't deserve to live anyway.
    LOL thanks for reminding me of the Ragequitter in a Quarn run...Die on first boss he ragequit.

Anyways I agree thing is we've been forced to learn to play better and in this game that's VERY important. I admit it I suck on my first runs or time on a boss on occasion....But take Garuda even NM as an example. That boss wiping should be damn near expected first times maybe quite some time....With this system I can see ALOT of less patient players attempting the kick which isn't cool...

Oh and then there are those like myself who enjoy watching cinematics...

All in all I feel adding kick is a bad move.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    LOL thanks for reminding me of the Ragequitter in a Quarn run...Die on first boss he ragequit.

Anyways I agree thing is we've been forced to learn to play better and in this game that's VERY important. I admit it I suck on my first runs or time on a boss on occasion....But take Garuda even NM as an example. That boss wiping should be damn near expected first times maybe quite some time....With this system I can see ALOT of less patient players attempting the kick which isn't cool...

Oh and then there are those like myself who enjoy watching cinematics...

All in all I feel adding kick is a bad move.
    Personally I can't see why so many people get so ass ravaged (I'm using the sodomy visuals very liberally today) over poor performance in dungeon finder. In any game. Somebody's being an absolute douchebag? Sure, we've all gotten mad over that. But losing your shit because somebody died to fire? You need to calm the fuck down. Hell, the most fun I've had in this game was watching my group fail miserably at Titan normal. Over 30 attempts with the same people. It was sort of amazing, actually. They failed at the simplest mechanics. During Titan's jump, our Dragoon would run towards the opposite end of the circle, rather than just out of it. Sometimes he'd just run back and forth like he had no idea what to do. Occasionally he'd get out of the circle, only to run back in just in time to get hit. Then our black mage, no matter how hard he tried (god bless him), just kept getting thrown off the edge. And even though I'm pretty sure these two were just smacking their keyboards as a rotation, our paladin couldn't keep aggro to save his (or our) life. So we failed. And failed. And the craziest part was that it seemed like they were getting progressively stupider! I'd never seen anything like it. But I was laughing hysterically the entire time. No matter how many times they got their asses handed to them, they could not be discouraged. They were damn sure they were going to get this, if they just kept banging their heads against the wall. Me, I just wanted to see how long they'd keep this up.

AND THEY FUCKING DID IT. I was dumbfounded when I saw Titan fall over dead. And I was so proud of them. It was like watching my children graduate college, if my children were struggling with a crippling mental handicap the entire time. Totally worth the repair costs, and then some. Meanwhile, I told my guild this story, and they responded with "WHY DID YOU HELP THEM!??! Now we'll have to deal with them in endgame!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I can't see why so many people get so ass ravaged (I'm using the sodomy visuals very liberally today) over poor performance in dungeon finder. In any game. Somebody's being an absolute douchebag? Sure, we've all gotten mad over that. But losing your shit because somebody died to fire? You need to calm the fuck down. Hell, the most fun I've had in this game was watching my group fail miserably at Titan normal. Over 30 attempts with the same people. It was sort of amazing, actually. They failed at the simplest mechanics. During Titan's jump, our Dragoon would run towards the opposite end of the circle, rather than just out of it. Sometimes he'd just run back and forth like he had no idea what to do. Occasionally he'd get out of the circle, only to run back in just in time to get hit. Then our black mage, no matter how hard he tried (god bless him), just kept getting thrown off the edge. And even though I'm pretty sure these two were just smacking their keyboards as a rotation, our paladin couldn't keep aggro to save his (or our) life. So we failed. And failed. And the craziest part was that it seemed like they were getting progressively stupider! I'd never seen anything like it. But I was laughing hysterically the entire time. No matter how many times they got their asses handed to them, they could not be discouraged. They were damn sure they were going to get this, if they just kept banging their heads against the wall. Me, I just wanted to see how long they'd keep this up.

AND THEY FUCKING DID IT. I was dumbfounded when I saw Titan fall over dead. And I was so proud of them. It was like watching my children graduate college, if my children were struggling with a crippling mental handicap the entire time. Totally worth the repair costs, and then some. Meanwhile, I told my guild this story, and they responded with "WHY DID YOU HELP THEM!??! Now we'll have to deal with them in endgame!"
    LOL EXACTLY I'm still grpwing myself but I get better. Hell on Cape Westwind we kept dying...TILL I took MT rolw our other tank took OT we did better(he had more HP but I was better at surviving boss he gseemed to be better with adds) so what happens we die till I noticed how he does an animation THEN uou run to other side...We got itm Learning the fight was fun..Hell I once wiped an entire run on Quarns first boss but the next time I went I could tell when bees would spawn on instinct...I just knew LOL.

It was FUN learning the fights wiping while going back to try again...It's fun...

Also my titan first kill(I ran again later to help guild) had two summoners who couldn't do enough DPS so I swapped out of defiance on heart to get some extra oomph in...We downed him..

Also I see those who say leave Titan Egi and Amber Carbuncle out as a challenge...I ask em to ditch em but if they don't I just see it as threat practice LOL.

Now the ONE time I might have kicked someobe was a Dragoon who attacked wrong targets...ALWAYS aggroed for me ran with me when I was kiting back(first part of darkhold damn crystals) and to top it off second boss we EXPLICITLY stated to leave red...He never even budged and he blamed me for his extra pulls...And attacking wrong target...I just gave up...Hell even his gear was all bought but it was DoW gear not even storebought Dragoon armor....

But yeah gonna miss these stories and the fun times of learning...Thing is I'm beginning to wonder if Kick might not be why most LFR communities are so toxic more then anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    LOL EXACTLY I'm still grpwing myself but I get better. Hell on Cape Westwind we kept dying...TILL I took MT rolw our other tank took OT we did better(he had more HP but I was better at surviving boss he gseemed to be better with adds) so what happens we die till I noticed how he does an animation THEN uou run to other side...We got itm Learning the fight was fun..Hell I once wiped an entire run on Quarns first boss but the next time I went I could tell when bees would spawn on instinct...I just knew LOL.

It was FUN learning the fights wiping while going back to try again...It's fun...

Also my titan first kill(I ran again later to help guild) had two summoners who couldn't do enough DPS so I swapped out of defiance on heart to get some extra oomph in...We downed him..

Also I see those who say leave Titan Egi and Amber Carbuncle out as a challenge...I ask em to ditch em but if they don't I just see it as threat practice LOL.

Now the ONE time I might have kicked someobe was a Dragoon who attacked wrong targets...ALWAYS aggroed for me ran with me when I was kiting back(first part of darkhold damn crystals) and to top it off second boss we EXPLICITLY stated to leave red...He never even budged and he blamed me for his extra pulls...And attacking wrong target...I just gave up...Hell even his gear was all bought but it was DoW gear not even storebought Dragoon armor....

But yeah gonna miss these stories and the fun times of learning...Thing is I'm beginning to wonder if Kick might not be why most LFR communities are so toxic more then anything.
    Yeah attacking the wrong target repeatedly is one of those things that frosts the hell out of me, even as a healer. But then, if you're doing it non-stop, I wouldn't call that a performance issue. That's just being a jackass. So those people would definitely be on my kick list, if I were to have such an option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah attacking the wrong target repeatedly is one of those things that frosts the hell out of me, even as a healer. But then, if you're doing it non-stop, I wouldn't call that a performance issue. That's just being a jackass. So those people would definitely be on my kick list, if I were to have such an option.
    Worse then you think....I eventually started marking with both numbers and the chain icons...He STILL went for the wrong target.

Still was hella fun LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Someone's been kicked a lot because of poor behavior, I see.
    Joke's on you, I can count the number of times I have been removed from a group in any MMO on one hand. But having firsthand experience with the votekick types, I know the psychology behind it, and it usually has nothing to do with getting through a dungeon faster.

I know how to keep my mouth shut in a game that not only creates an environment that fosters toxic behavior, but also encourages it. Which is why people are so fucking edgy in games like wow. Players are an expendable resource, forget all of this cross server shit. I mean yeah, someone probably is going to act like less of a douche to players from their server, but seeing players as nothing but a means to an end has a much more toxic potency.

Back in the day... You went to do a Heroic you went with what you had and did your best with what you got. Because it was easier to teach someone how to play the game than it was to go all the way back to a capital city and find someone from trade.

Almost all VKs can be summed up as "That player said/is doing something I don't like. I'd like it if I didn't have to play with them anymore, votekicking." Which is not the way a votekick function should be used.

I think this will be good for the game, as there's nothing worse than wiping a multiple times and realising it'd due to one player that refuses to do anything but tunnel vision the boss and ignore all mechanics.

I'll be glad to see this feature get implemented.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    I think this will be good for the game, as there's nothing worse than wiping a multiple times and realising it'd due to one player that refuses to do anything but tunnel vision the boss and ignore all mechanics.

I'll be glad to see this feature get implemented.
    Funny thing is some of us enjoy say learning to compensate for such players or instructing them on how to do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The DPS of course. On both principle (Stop doing that, DPS) and pragmatism (Easier to replace the DPS anyway).
    Calm down there pseudo-intellectual, pushing the limits of the definition of "pragmatism."

Having a dungeon ruined by 1 person who DCs is really really poor design.

The feature is needed, hopefully they put it into the game with some good thought though and not half assed.

So we failed. And failed. And the craziest part was that it seemed like they were getting progressively stupider!
    This tends to happen after people have given up and are just tired of the encounter, I call it gamer fatigue...people are too tired or too "I-don't-care anymore..." to focus on getting the job done or get focused on the wrong parts of the fight (focus too much on DPS/ rotation/ healing and miss the mechanics...or focus too much on mechanics and forget to DPS/ heal, etc...)

Either way, in a game where the unintended/ unscheduled absence or presence of a single person in a group can ruin the experience for everyone else, a feature that lets you remove them and back fill their spot is necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    This tends to happen after people have given up and are just tired of the encounter, I call it gamer fatigue...people are too tired or too "I-don't-care anymore..." to focus on getting the job done or get focused on the wrong parts of the fight (focus too much on DPS/ rotation/ healing and miss the mechanics...or focus too much on mechanics and forget to DPS/ heal, etc...)

Either way, in a game where the unintended/ unscheduled absence or presence of a single person in a group can ruin the experience for everyone else, a feature that lets you remove them and back fill their spot is necessary.
    This reminds me of something funny from Beta phase 3.....So in copperbell on first boss my group and i keep dying and we go in once more saying "Ok lets just wipe" I believe i said something along the lines of us commiting suicide...Que downing of boss LOL....

Also just dawned on me might this not possibly push servers back into LFG on our own in some ways?