Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    3 out of 4 Locks Destro on Method's H Garrosh Kill

    The other was affliction. This is according to WoWProgress, which has been wrong in the past. However I noticed that prior to this kill all expect Sparkuggz had been afflic/demo.

    I can't wait to see their video! Congrats again to Method on their World First.

    DPS (Destruction) Gabzz 560.56
    DPS (Destruction) Sparkuggz 568.31
    DPS (Affliction) Blattardos 567.73
    DPS (Destruction) Eack 565.60

    http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/...ting.tier16_25
    "I don't always play my warlock, but when I do, I prefer destruction."
    - The Most Interesting Player in the World . . . of Warcraft

  2. #2
    Mechagnome Zatetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Launceston, Australia
    Posts
    600
    I'm glad destro is getting some love. It is the most enjoyable spec, imo.

  3. #3
    So did all 3 destro beat the 1 affliction?

  4. #4
    Epic! gaymer77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    1,700
    Quote Originally Posted by OokingDooker View Post
    So did all 3 destro beat the 1 affliction?
    If you bothered to read the first post you would have seen the answer to your question before you posted.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    If you bothered to read the first post you would have seen the answer to your question before you posted.
    I guess itemlevel is the new dps measurement?

  6. #6
    Inc destro nerf

  7. #7
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatetic View Post
    I'm glad destro is getting some love. It is the most enjoyable spec, imo.
    Yes but that's not really good news as everybody is almost playing destro now since demo got nerf.

  8. #8
    Sorry but this really can't be accurate via wowprogress. The list indicates 4 healers, 3 tanks and that 3 of their 4 rogues played sub.

  9. #9
    Bloodsail Admiral Chrispotter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,200
    wow progress just shows the spec they were logged out with after they got the kill. However I can see how destro would be good for Garrosh HC. Hopefully we get to start pulling it next week and I can see for myself
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    We ( Rapid Eye Movement) sell a variety of boosts. Private message me for more info.
    So far on 1 Char: Top 10 Destro PR Ranks, top 30 Afflic PR Ranks, TOp 30 Demo PR Ranks.
    Rapid Eye Movement World 15th 25 man Guild. - www.remgaming.com

  10. #10
    grats on world first, kinda, sorta, well according to a website but not really the true killing of him fist on the planet, but only first according to that website, but we all know the first in the world to kill him was someone else....just saying but grats on world first kinda.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by wdh1974 View Post
    grats on world first, kinda, sorta, well according to a website but not really the true killing of him fist on the planet, but only first according to that website, but we all know the first in the world to kill him was someone else....just saying but grats on world first kinda.
    Yes, someone else ... with the advantage of unlinked lockouts, a higher VP upgrade cap, and an average ilvl about 10 higher than Method's due to the previous points. WoW-Asia has different raid rules and promotes nonstop grinding to keep the internet-cafe goers hooked.

    Different game.

  12. #12
    Don't make wild assumptions based on one guild's kill of one boss in one week. There are a lot of factors involved and the sample size is ludicrously tiny.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Yes, someone else ... with the advantage of unlinked lockouts, a higher VP upgrade cap, and an average ilvl about 10 higher than Method's due to the previous points. WoW-Asia has different raid rules and promotes nonstop grinding to keep the internet-cafe goers hooked.

    Different game.
    And the disadvantage of the boss being tuned harder. Aderp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post



    And the disadvantage of the boss being tuned harder. Aderp.
    Does everything actually hit harder and have higher health pools over on the Asia side? Like a +15% harder, because...10ilvls may not seem like much unless you've seen walls suddenly disappear because someone just broke a haste break point.
    I've always been under the impression that the Asia side is exactly the same apart from release schedules for patches and lockouts/caps. The content is the same, just the gates are largely removed to let people do most of whatever they want when they want.

    edit: Either way it doesn't matter, different rules were applied, different game was played by both parties, so long as the rules are different the races for first can't be compared between Asia and the rest of the world.
    Last edited by kendro1200; 2013-10-02 at 02:38 AM.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

  14. #14
    It was already pretty much assumed that Destro was going to be the go-to spec for Garrosh, even on normal mode. Really not surprising.

  15. #15
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cayman Islands
    Posts
    13
    The Asian Guild killed it 10man, which is actually easier than 25man on the Asian servers and seeing as how 25man has a higher ilvl plus they have separated lockouts they got gear from that to help them kill the easier 10man. So no it doesn't count. Its not an even playing field. That being said Grats to Method for world first and nice to see the destro love I personally hate affliction.
    Last edited by Vodkahawk; 2013-10-02 at 03:16 AM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    And the disadvantage of the boss being tuned harder. Aderp.
    Fairly sure that's not actually the case, since they killed it on 10man and the tuning is different in Asia.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Don't make wild assumptions based on one guild's kill of one boss in one week. There are a lot of factors involved and the sample size is ludicrously tiny.

    - - - Updated - - -



    And the disadvantage of the boss being tuned harder. Aderp.
    Only 25m is tuned with the 15% damage and HP, 10m is the same as western and easterns. They just happened to have the extra lock out from 25m and the higher gear that drops from it. Think of it like ICC with the two different types of gears and Ilevel.

  18. #18
    The Patient Furtylol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Lonely Mountain
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    Sorry but this really can't be accurate via wowprogress. The list indicates 4 healers, 3 tanks and that 3 of their 4 rogues played sub.
    Sub is now potentially the top spec ... ? And who's to say that comp isn't how they did Garrosh?

  19. #19
    We are NOT going to recreate the tired debate of the ASIA/EU/US world first in this thread. There's other threads for that. Stick to warlocks and their (possible) performance in the HC GArrosh fight.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    If you bothered to read the first post you would have seen the answer to your question before you posted.
    So ilvl is a measure of dps? You must be really good at the game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •