Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    From what I have seen/experienced It pretty much was.
    If you have some evidence disputing that I would love to see it, really, I enjoyed playing demo tremendously but I cant justify playing it over aflfiction or destruction on any encounter in SOO now, granted I have not had any pulls on HC Garrosh yet.
    Perhaps you aren't playing correctly but you can still get fairly good results out of the spec leaning towards similar stat weights that destro currently values. It takes a lot better fury management and forethought but a strong demo player will be able to find fairly good damage.

That said I wouldn't play it over destro or affliction for a progression boss but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy it on bosses we've killed. It holds its own just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabrex View Post
    Perhaps you aren't playing correctly but you can still get fairly good results out of the spec leaning towards similar stat weights that destro currently values. It takes a lot better fury management and forethought but a strong demo player will be able to find fairly good damage.

That said I wouldn't play it over destro or affliction for a progression boss but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy it on bosses we've killed. It holds its own just fine.
    I can play demo very well dont worry about that.
    I cant say ive playing it much since the nerf, I played it on like 1 pull to see what it was like and it just felt fury starved and I could see the damage was nowhere near affliction or destruction, the other warlock in my guild Ediel also played it on 1-2 pulls on Siegecrafter progress because carrion swarm OP knockback CD but seriously the damage just isnt there to come close to affliction/Destruction.
    Im not saying you cant top LFR meters with demo, but if your in a top 50 guild or better, I cant see why you would play demo over affliction or destruction on any other boss in SOO Progress, unless you suck balls at affliction and destruction they will just be better by a decent margin atm.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post
    The other was affliction. This is according to WoWProgress, which has been wrong in the past. However I noticed that prior to this kill all expect Sparkuggz had been afflic/demo.

I can't wait to see their video! Congrats again to Method on their World First.

DPS (Destruction) Gabzz 560.56
    DPS (Destruction) Sparkuggz 568.31
    DPS (Affliction) Blattardos 567.73
    DPS (Destruction) Eack 565.60

http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/...ting.tier16_25
    Sparkuggz was demo in paragons of the klaxxi and he was top dps.

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    Sparkuggz was demo in paragons of the klaxxi and he was top dps.
    I don't see how that's relevant to this thread? This is about Garrosh. Also, being top dps as Demo on Klaxxi is not very surprising when you have Doom ticking on all 3 targets the entire fight. Not to imply that it's not good there (it is), but a lot of that damage is wasted so you can't really go by recount.
    Last edited by EvreliaGaming; 2013-10-05 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    I don't see how that's relevant to this thread? This is about Garrosh. Also, being top dps as Demo on Klaxxi is not very surprising when you have Doom ticking on all 3 targets the entire fight. Not to imply that it's not good there (it is), but a lot of that damage is wasted so you can't really go by recount.
    Also, there paragons kill was BEFORE the nerf to demonology.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Also, there paragons kill was BEFORE the nerf to demonology.
    This is exactly the reason why I really don't see the relevance in that ever being brought up in this discussion.

Did you have any point nightstalkerr? If so please explain.

Why are all 3 destro locks using Glyph of Havoc, yet it's not even mentioned in any destruction guide anywhere. Nobody even suggests it as a possible benefit on any fight.

Is that glyph only viable on Garrosh? (a fight I have not yet done). I've been looking for information on it since 5.4 with no luck and I'm weary about trying it out.
    Last edited by Bridius; 2013-10-05 at 09:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridius View Post
    Why are all 3 destro locks using Glyph of Havoc, yet it's not even mentioned in any destruction guide anywhere. Nobody even suggests it as a possible benefit on any fight.

Is that glyph only viable on Garrosh? (a fight I have not yet done). I've been looking for information on it since 5.4 with no luck and I'm weary about trying it out.
    More Shadowburn's into the Boss ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aevyn View Post
    More Shadowburn's into the Boss ?
    So is it only viable on Garrosh? I can't tell if you were answering that question with your statement.

You're trading 6 Shadowburns every 50 seconds (unglyphed) for 6 Shadowburns every 1 minute (glyphed). Basically you need to get the boss from 20% to dead in 1 minute. That also means less Chaos Bolts for the beginning of the fight.

So it's bad on fights with adds that need to die fast like Amalgamation. Would it be good on a fight like Dark Shamans? My guess is no, because I don't think you'd want to give up all the extra Chaos Bolts at the beginning of the fight for the very few extra Shadowburns at the end. BUT with the glyph you can sync up more Chaos Bolt cleaves with Dark Soul and trinket procs.
    Last edited by Bridius; 2013-10-05 at 10:22 PM.

So is it only viable on Garrosh? I can't tell if you were answering that question with your statement.

You're trading 6 Shadowburns every 50 seconds (unglyphed) for 6 Shadowburns every 1 minute (glyphed). Basically you need to get the boss from 20% to dead in 1 minute. That also means less Chaos Bolts for the beginning of the fight.

So it's bad on fights with adds that need to die fast like Amalgamation. Would it be good on a fight like Dark Shamans? My guess is no, because I don't think you'd want to give up all the extra Chaos Bolts at the beginning of the fight for the very few extra Shadowburns at the end. BUT with the glyph you can sync up more Chaos Bolt cleaves with Dark Soul and trinket procs.
    Using that glyph depends on so many factors, how many shadowburns/chaos bolts can you cleave in a specific time, how often are you able to cleave/havoc, what priority are the targets that you are cleaving onto, how fast is your raid killing those adds. There can be no "guide" on when to use it, you have to work out when its beneficial.
    www.method.gg

Deleted
    On cleave bosses like Dark Shaman or Protectors I would imagine lining up every other Glyphed Havoc with Bindings trinket 115sec ICD+DS and casting two chaosbolts is worth more than cleaving one chaos bolt every 25sec with random chance of having a proc. On HC Thok Glyph is definitely worth it. Bats don't live long enough to lose charges from glyph and you can use all 6 charges Shadow Burning below 20% bats within that 15second time.

Other than those 3 I don't think there is any use for that Glyph(I haven't seen heroic garrosh).

Deleted

you're forgetting one important thing about the glyph and shadowburn. it is virtually impossible to cast 6 shadowburns as you can only have max 4 ember, so unless you RoF ticking(which is just about the only spell you have that isnt affected by havoc) on a group of adds that is big enough to generate atleast 2 ember in 4 gcds time, you wont really be able to get 6 havoced shadowburns out of it. it will either be used more for double havoc choas bolt or as an ember generator. it can be useful on garrosh to dmg both garrosh and the void zones, since you cant down them in 1 shot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    you're forgetting one important thing about the glyph and shadowburn. it is virtually impossible to cast 6 shadowburns as you can only have max 4 ember, so unless you RoF ticking(which is just about the only spell you have that isnt affected by havoc) on a group of adds that is big enough to generate atleast 2 ember in 4 gcds time, you wont really be able to get 6 havoced shadowburns out of it. it will either be used more for double havoc choas bolt or as an ember generator. it can be useful on garrosh to dmg both garrosh and the void zones, since you cant down them in 1 shot.
    I think you are forgetting something about shadowburning adds too, you get lots of embers back
    And you have 15 sec to use your 6 embers.

Deleted
    good player is a good player,i belive everyone need to know how to play right their classe but one ting is a must , if you cant mastrer the spec you are playing,then you are a very bad player .all method warlocks are doing between 560/570 k dmg ,means they are good players and they can master what spec they are playing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I think you are forgetting something about shadowburning adds too, you get lots of embers back
    And you have 15 sec to use your 6 embers.
    that depends greatly on how much hp those adds have and how you use havoc in this case but yeah, you do get 2 embers back and could use them to shadowburn again but it was more a question in regards to how useful the glyph of havoc is for garrosh where you'll most likely kill those adds with the iron star.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solitude View Post
    good player is a good player,i belive everyone need to know how to play right their classe but one ting is a must , if you cant mastrer the spec you are playing,then you are a very bad player .all method warlocks are doing between 560/570 k dmg ,means they are good players and they can master what spec they are playing
    So anyone who doesn't do the same dps as methods locks are very bad players?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fight plays to destructions strengths really well, especially if you look at Methods video.

First off they don't even care about the axes at all, except for the first one. So mulit-dotting is fairly useless using their strategy. I doubt P1 is make or break for any spec once you get use to it, but destruction performs very well in getting the most damage in the ~10 seconds you have before warsong goes out and the adds health gets increased.

Destruction is undoubtedly the best for breaking MCs, especially if you clump up for each of them.

One of the heart phases (Terrace) even on heroic is clump them all up and burn them all down, which destruction is really good at.

Finally P3 is almost exclusively sub 20%, and destruction execute is absolutely insane. You can (well on 10 man anyway) havoc one of the whirling corruption adds and kill it with 3 soul burns almost instantly. I don't have experience with P4 obviously, but P3 seems like a fairly important phase to have most of your DPS on.

I don't know how destruction sims overall but there just a lot of encounters with adds that need to be killed really quick and almost all of these adds have ember opportunities tied to them.

Quote Originally Posted by solitude View Post
    Welcome to the post....the numbers in the first post are their item levels....not their DPS in the thousands....