Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I most certainly do, but they are laying off people because of obamacare. That's the type of job my gfs dad lost. Its also the place I lost a job to over two people who failed the basic math test (turns out they were friends with someone way high ranking). So those places haven't yielded anything but less jobs and lay offs. Or when they are hiring, only go through a temp agency (never all at the same one). So again, in those situations have to know someone who tells you what agency and when.
    Oh well my best advice is looking for volunteer work something you like maybe work in a animal shelter, something away from what skill set or use too, employers will see that your willing to do try new and different challenges and being volunteer work, employers like seeing people who do community work because it could help out there business in some way.Just dont get into a rut your young and dont get bogged down into the system.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just look into the Medicaid, some states are even expanding who's able to have coverage with it. Would make a lot more sense right now if you can't afford to buy a plan. I've got it currently, far as I know I don't think I have to bother with any of this Obamacare stuff.

Really I think this whole thing is designed so people without coverage through a job and don't qualify for Medicaid can be able to afford to buy coverage on their own. Even if I find the supposed "forced" part questionable.

Deleted
    Good info in here actually

I am unemployed, no unemployment, no source of income that is my own. Despite trying to get jobs, no one is hiring in this area, and its only getting worse. What do I do? It says if I have nothing by January 1st, I could face a penalty. Penalty of what? I have no job thus no way I can pay any sort of fines. It surely would be too expensive on both money and room to jail everyone who is like me in this horrid economy that cannot get a job. So what options do I have? Especially with the government shut down at the moment.
    Firstly, you should get health care. You should be eligible for subsidies since you're unemployed (it could depend on whether you're in a Republican or Democratic state and whether they've accepted the Medicaid expansion). The first thing you should do is go to https://www.healthcare.gov/ because after a few questions it'll tell you the cost of getting health insurance and any subsidies in your situation.

Secondly, you won't be thrown in jail if you don't buy healthcare. The government won't knock on your door to get you. You'll just get charged a tax penalty. The penalty isn't very high. This year it's the greater of $95 or 1% of household income (Source: http://www.politico.com/obamacare-guide/).

So check out the prices on the website, decide whether you want to buy it or pay the penalty.

If you're under 26, and you're parent's have health insurance they can fill in some paperwork for you to have health insurance covered by their plan. Otherwise, buying health insurance is the responsible thing to do, because if you end up in a car crash and in the ER, and you're insured and can't afford it, then basically everyone pays for your care through higher hospital costs.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2013-10-02 at 06:34 AM.

you pay zero penalty if you have no income, this info is easily answered via a google search.

though, your daddy will if you are filed as a dependent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Firstly, you should get health care. You should be eligible for subsidies since you're unemployed (it could depend on whether you're in a Republican or Democratic state). The first thing you should do is go to https://www.healthcare.gov/ because after a few questions it'll tell you the cost of getting healthcare and any of subsidies in your situation.
    When I typed in $0 income it said I didnt qualify for a single thing

Loc: California

Obamacare isnt giving out free healthcare.. you have to have an income and purchase it. The cheapest is a few hundred per month.
    Last edited by Trakanonn; 2013-10-02 at 06:35 AM.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

I did. Went in order and his was first Still you two have made me feel better at least. With the shut down going on, is that working at the moment? Or should I wait until the shut down is done (since they are putting if off because of this very law) before going there?
    How... about you try it out? Obviously you do have internet. Do you ask MMO-C if you should check your e-mail, too?

- - - Updated - - -

If you're under 26, and you're parent's have health insurance they can fill in some paperwork for you to have health insurance covered by their plan. Otherwise, buying health insurance is the responsible thing to do, because if you end up in a car crash and in the ER, and you're insured and can't afford it, then basically everyone pays for your care through higher hospital costs.
    Out of curiosity, why are the republicans against Obamacare? Everything I heard so far sounds sensible about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliryana View Post
    Good info in here actually
    Yes there is, and im glad. I certainly have a few things to look into.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    How... about you try it out? Obviously you do have internet. Do you ask MMO-C if you should check your e-mail, too?

- - - Updated - - -

Out of curiosity, why are the republicans against Obamacare? Everything I heard so far sounds sensible about it.
    Because allegedly it will destroy freedom and it's going to be a trainwreck and a nightmare.

They don't like the idea of people being forced to buy health insurance. But that is the only way to not allow health insurance companies from discriminating against people with pre-existing conditions or drop people when they get sick or use too much healthcare services. Without the mandate only sick people will buy healthcare driving up the price for everyone. They also claim it will increase the deficit, but the CBO says it will reduce the deficit.

Because allegedly it will destroy freedom and it's going to be a trainwreck and a nightmare.

They don't like the idea of people being forced to buy health insurance. But that is the only way to not allow health insurance companies from discriminating against people with pre-existing conditions or drop people when they get sick or use too much healthcare services. Without the mandate only sick people will buy healthcare driving up the price for everyone. They also claim it will increase the deficit, but the CBO says it will reduce the deficit.
    Death panels executed the first 100 vitcims at the stroke of midnight last night, and medical devices are now tripled in cost because of the new tax on them!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post

- - - Updated - - -
    Because Obamacare was sold to us as costing "less than a cell phone bill" - That came from Oblamers mouth himself.

Basically, 1 giant lie rammed through congress before anybody even read it.

And the individual mandate is extremely controversial. Forcing you to buy a private product.

Forcing religious people to fund early-mid-late term abortions

Did I mention we're in serious freakin debt and this is one giant leap the wrong way?

THose are just a few things.
    Last edited by Trakanonn; 2013-10-02 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    you pay zero penalty if you have no income, this info is easily answered via a google search.

though, your daddy will if you are filed as a dependent.

- - - Updated - - -

When I typed in $0 income it said I didnt qualify for a single thing

Loc: California

Obamacare isnt giving out free healthcare.. you have to have an income and purchase it. The cheapest is a few hundred per month.
    Well, that seems odd because if you type in $0 then the site won't let you click the button to submit.

But, if you type in $1 you should see
    "Good news! Because your household income is below the Medi-Cal limit, you may qualify for Medi-Cal."

then if you're feeling really frisky you can type in $18,000 single household, my location I put was in Region 10(central valley), 25 years old. It came back that I owe $1/mo for a bronze plan. I think the lowest you can pay is $1/mo. My subsidy would be $191 at those figures, and plans start at $175.

Quote Originally Posted by frumper View Post
    Death panels executed the first 100 vitcims at the stroke of midnight last night, and medical devices are now tripled in cost because of the new tax on them!
    And everybody is now insured, uninsured rate dropped 10% in 24 hours! Healthcare costs were cut in half, and my premium costs less than my cell phone bill.

Because Obamacare was sold to us as costing "less than a cell phone bill" - That came from Oblamers mouth himself.

Basically, 1 giant lie rammed through congress before anybody even read it.

And the individual mandate is extremely controversial. Forcing you to buy a private product.

Did I mention we're in serious freakin debt and this is one giant leap the wrong way?

THose are just a few things.
    It was never sold has costing less than a cell phone bill. The cheapest plans are around $100 per month, so somewhat more expensive than a cell phone bill.

It was not rammed through Congress. There was a lengthy and protracted fight to get it through Congress. This idea that no one has read the bill is ridiculous. Who do you think wrote the bill?

The individual mandate is 100% necessary to make insurance available to everyone without discrimination based on preexisting conditions, and lifetime caps, and being dropped when you're sick. No insurance-based health care reform is workable without the mandate.

Obamacare reduces the deficit: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ds-to-deficit/

And everybody is now insured, uninsured rate dropped 10% in 24 hours! Healthcare costs were cut in half, and my premium costs less than my cell phone bill.
    Aren't you the same one who posted that fake Obamacare cost screenshot in the earlier thread?
    Why should we listen to you, again?
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

It was never sold has costing less than a cell phone bill. The cheapest plans are around $100 per month, so somewhat more expensive than a cell phone bill.

It was not rammed through Congress. It was a lengthy and protracted fight to get it through Congress. This idea that no one has read the bill is ridiculous. Who do you think wrote the bill?

The individual mandate is 100% necessary to make insurance available to everyone without discrimination based on preexisting conditions, and lifetime caps, and being dropped when you're sick. No insurance-based health care reform is workable without the mandate.

Obamacare reduces the deficit: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ds-to-deficit/
    Tack on the subsidy and it can get below a phone bill, which Obama did say. The individual mandate is basically an added tax that everyone pays, and when you have a qualifying health plan you get a tax credit. Congress can tax, and they can give tax credits for economic activities. Trakanonn didn't go to the website though, or at least didn't really try to figure it out. It's hard, you have to hit the Apply Now button in the middle of the page, select California and then click the button next to it to take you to http://coveredca.com. There you'd click shop now and follow along and he could see the prices for himself. He chose to spew untruths, hyperbole, and exaggerations.

My main problem with Obamacare is how the government has handled the other two massive entitlement programs - Medicare and Social Security. Both of them are on an unsustainable path, last I heard, and no one in government (except maybe some Tea Party Republicans) is apparently willing to do anything about them. I don't see why Obamacare will be handled any more responsibly.

Quote Originally Posted by frumper View Post
    Well, that seems odd because if you type in $0 then the site won't let you click the button to submit.

But, if you type in $1 you should see
    "Good news! Because your household income is below the Medi-Cal limit, you may qualify for Medi-Cal."

then if you're feeling really frisky you can type in $18,000 single household, my location I put was in Region 10(central valley), 25 years old. It came back that I owe $1/mo for a bronze plan. I think the lowest you can pay is $1/mo. My subsidy would be $191 at those figures, and plans start at $175.
    What's truly odd is that he believes, deep in his heart, that he's clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    My main problem with Obamacare is how the government has handled the other two massive entitlement programs - Medicare and Social Security. Both of them are on an unsustainable path, last I heard, and no one in government (except maybe some Tea Party Republicans) is apparently willing to do anything about them. I don't see why Obamacare will be handled any more responsibly.
    You're right about the sustainability of social security over the long term. According to http://www.ssa.gov/oact/TR/2012/tr2012.pdf the annual report the board of trustees puts out, SS could give 100% benefits with no action until an estimate of the mid 2030s, after that SS would be able to provide 75% benefits beyond that at a sustainable level. They could also increase the payroll deductions 2.6% split between the employer/employee any way and achieve 100% funding once again for the forseeable future. They look 75 years out in the reports. An alternative would be to raise the payroll deduction in the mid 2030s from the current 12.4% to 16.7% and its able to provide 100% benefits. Another alternative would be to raise the income cap, I'm not sure what the numbers would be, but that could also be done.

I would hardly call this a dire situation, or even an urgent one. Couple main reasons this is happening now, 1, the money that would be in SS earning better interest has been borrowed by the US taxpayers, at record low interest rates. Ironically if we default, we'll mostly default to various loans made to ourselves. 2, there are less workers in the labor market for people on SS. There is a lower % of people working in this country.

A 75 year plan is managed much better than the non-budget Congress doesn't pass yearly.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    I am unemployed, no unemployment, no source of income that is my own. Despite trying to get jobs, no one is hiring in this area, and its only getting worse. What do I do? It says if I have nothing by January 1st, I could face a penalty. Penalty of what? I have no job thus no way I can pay any sort of fines. It surely would be too expensive on both money and room to jail everyone who is like me in this horrid economy that cannot get a job. So what options do I have? Especially with the government shut down at the moment.
    you will be exempt because you have no source of income.. so for you.. like the majority of people in your boat.. there will be zero change

but look at the bright side.. you're not one of these 2400 people!
    http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/14/ob...ing-customers/
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432