530 RoRo vs. new trinkets

Hi fellow Brewmasters!

Until tonight I have been running heroic Renatakis with 2/2 normal RoRo (+1mastery) build. On a coin roll I picked up normal Rooks Unlucky Talisman and am now unsure as to which combo I should use.

Should I stick with the RoRo build or is it time to leave it behind? I'm just not sure how often I'll use the click effect of Rook's. It seems very powerful honestly.

Thanks in advance!

What I do - when I want extra stamina and the on click (Galakras during progress) I swap agi trinkiet for Rooks. I want to stick to RoRo for as long as possible.
    The thing with most SoO trinkets is that they are very situational. You can't really get a set of 2 trinkets and use them on all fights, just check what will benefit you most for any fight and use that one.
    Perosnally I have 2 different "Sets" of gear/trinkets ATM. First is RoRo+Rooks+Tank Cloak + tank meta gem socketed helmet for a +1 mastery proc. This is what I use for progress kills, Iron Juggernaut etc.
    Second is RoRo+Juju+DPS Cloak + DPS meta gem socketed helm for a +1 crit proc. This is what I use on farm kills and when DPS is an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still using RoRo withe cloak swapping determining what it proc's and only have the 530 version. Still trying to get in off nights and hope for a HC drop.

Plan to replace Renataki's with TED but all the rest are pretty situational and will probably only pick them up if no one else needs it.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

i want the heroic version too but an extra 3 hours in ToT for one trinket sounds painful

10+ Year Old Account
    Easier doing 25m cause I just need to pull a 10 raiders together and we have people that want some of the meta cheevos. Just slowly been picking at it while we have time got a lockout saved to H Dark Animus right now.

Looking at our Immersius - Siegecrafter run it averages 20% uptime and I've seen almost 30% on individual fights (spoils was 28%) so the 530 doesn't suck or anything though.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Thanks for the advice! The ilvl of the regular 2/2 RoRo is what was making me so unsure but that's very reassuring. I was definitely resisting the urge to give it up and now I don't think I will. Funny thing is, I'm not even 100% sure these days what route I would go as far as crit vs. mastery without it.

hm dont mean to hijack but i was thinking about ToT trinkets.....what about the dark animus trinket with the dodge and mastery ? it's supposed to be good with lots of adds....would it be worth it on galakras or spoils?

10+ Year Old Account
    TED would still be better since the mastery works 100% of the time you get hit by any add (unless your a baddie and let shuffle drop) and the agil proc's are going to give you dodge+crit.

Yes avoidance is more effective against many small things vs 1 big thing but it's still not a reason to purposely stack it. Passed on the IJ dodge+heal trinket twice now so far.
    [/URL]

aw that heal trinket looks so interesting...