Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, all I can say about it, didn't even read it just read the title...........I agree.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Server fees keep gold sellers from moving their wares around easily, as do faction changes. If you ever log into a major city in FFXIV you would realise very quickly just how well Blizzard has kept gilseller population low, in the major cities of FFXIV you can't listen to guild chat because the gilseller spam is so fast you can't actually read anything.

Also on PVP servers once alliance players decided that can't win unless they go horde its way to easy for them to leap to the winning side and you will have over night pvp server imbalances.
    That's also because most of the top PvE guilds are Horde. It's quite a change going from the faction that has a guild that wipes on LFR SoO trash to a 14/14 Heroic SoO World First Guild faction.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    One free character service every three months would be pretty awesome, in my opinion. I wouldn't think more than that is necessary, though.
    I do think that this would be a valid idea it is nice and and balanced

CR will not and not address all the issues that giving free transfers and faction changes would. Put a cool down on it so it's not abused and that would solve the worry about people just server hopping to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert3620 View Post
    CR will not and not address all the issues that giving free transfers and faction changes would. Put a cool down on it so it's not abused and that would solve the worry about people just server hopping to do so.
    Or keep it as is.

It' time for Free Servers
    Free-To-Play is the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Free? What if there are people who have to do that for players and it's not automatic? Wasting company manpower then if they're supposed to do this for free.

Free transfers would only speed up the "broken" servers already and make the problem way more widespread.
    Solves nothing, only creating more problems.

Dismissing the effect of combined realms with next to no experience of the first merge, let alone multiple.
    Your arguments are invalid, simple as that.

An imbalance exists and continues to get worse with a paid-for service.
    There is no way that a free service would reverse that, only increase the problem.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-10-03 at 12:38 AM.

I could not tell you how happy free faction changes would make me. I spent so much faction changing to follow my boyfriend and his stupid guild, just to have it fall apart before cata dropped, and with the boyfriend stopping WoW, I was left with a stupid faction I didn't want to be a part of.

*IF* anything, allow people who faction change once, the option to change back in the future should they change their minds.

As far as connected realms and dead servers go, i think that connected realms will HELP lessen the problem - but it most definitely won't fix the issue.

Nothing short of literal fusing of multiple dead servers would 100% fix dead servers - and even then, new dead servers can emerge.

Things like this are an area where Blizzard could certainly learn from other companies, and give perks / incentives to long term subscribers. Realm transfers might be slightly redundant with the x-server stuff they're doing, but for example:

Maintain a 6 month sub = 1 free race change
    Maintain a 12 month sub = 2 race changes, 1 faction change.

Things like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ignore the trolls OP. If you want it, ask for it. But, you should probably know that they will never give away for free something they can make money on. Just not Blizz's style. They will nerf and merge to the ground, but will never remove a price tag. It would be nice if this worked out for you, but sadly, this topic has been done to death and usually ends up being a banquet for bastards, or as we like to call them "Blizzard's White Knights".

Rift has free transfers, once every 7 days per character. It is also pretty much instantaneous. Not to mention Rift is F2P. Not sure why WoW can't do it.

Without a doubt there is people that have quit due to dead servers, dead factions. This would be something Blizzard could use to help them get people back and maybe even a way for them to increase payed transfers. If a person were to get a free transfer to a different server they then may want to take alts with them and not wait for the next free transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Rift has free transfers, once every 7 days per character. It is also pretty much instantaneous. Not to mention Rift is F2P. Not sure why WoW can't do it.
    It's not that they can't do it. It's that they don't want to. Why should they? WoW doesn't need to. Rift needs to in order to provide more of an incentive for people to play their game. Same reason why newer businesses and companies offer big discounts and extra services - because they want to drum up business and will eat a little profit loss if it means making more money over the long haul.

Blizzard offers free transfers off of larger realms to help with the problems that are caused with mega servers. I think it's only fair they would offer them off of the smaller ones to fix the problems they has well. If the goal is to help provide the best playing experience for players then they should be doing that and allowing faction changes as well for free.