Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Because RPPM trinkets are not even 1% reliable. Non-RPPM proc fairly quickly after the ICD up allowing you plan usage of abilities to make them have a greater impact overall. This is amplified even more if you're using trinkets that you personally activate. Having a consistent plan is key for PGs, dumb luck isn't. But go ahead call it "stupid".
    And in the situation of Proving Grounds how are ICD trinkets any better or worse than RPPM. Are you planning on unequipping your trinkets at certain times to get them to proc when you want them? Didn't think so. Also unless you're doing a Glaive Toss through 10 enemies to proc it I wouldn't call Relic of Xuen reliable in 463 gear. Not to mention the fact that maybe there is a burn phase that is hard to beat (the big Shas in later waves for example). What happens if you have to do that burn phase while your trinkets are on ICD? I'd much rather a 5% chance (random number) to get a RPPM proc rather than a 0% chance to get a proc because of ICD.

    You should be looking at the overall Agility between trinkets, nothing else.

  2. #22
    Fluffy Kitten Lohe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,404
    I didn't call it reliable, I said it would proc fairly quickly after the monitored ICD is up, and it does. Also, for the sake of argument let's say that you're looking at beating a specific part of the challenge, the big sha waves as you say. They occur twice every 10 levels, if you're going for the wave 30 achievement you'll have to beat it 6 times in a row, if you want to get further then you'll need to do it even more times in a row. That's a fair bit of consistency we're looking at. If RPPM trinkets had significantly stronger procs to offset the wildly random nature of them they wouldn't be a bad choice. The truth is that their average contribution to your stats is pretty much the same as ICD trinket options you have.

    There's no real strategical advantage to using RPPM trinkets over other options. But by all means, rip your shirt off, scream YOLO and hope for the best. Just don't call people stupid for not thinking RPPM is a good idea in the PG environment.

  3. #23
    I got to level 47 using renataki's and bad juju. Only change I made was swapping out my cloak and helmet.

    You can really feel the arcane shot change doing these, especially when a banshee comes out and you're at low focus

    Also the only reason I'm not first on my server is because a mage apparently beat level 100. Anyone know if that's legit or not?

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    Also the only reason I'm not first on my server is because a mage apparently beat level 100. Anyone know if that's legit or not?
    yep, dendee has been at the top almost since 5.4 was released. http://www.wowprogress.com/char_stat...ield.pg_damage

  5. #25
    Dendee finally got knocked off by someone on an Eastern server.

    I did it with ToTH for the exact reason that Banshees scared me more than I cared for.

    Trinkets were: Darkmoon Fair and Bottle of Infinite Elegons. I would think (could be wrong) that Haromms would be excellent for this.

    Wiped on 37 because I got encased in the middle, which leads to chain encasings. Bummer.

  6. #26
    Dendee cant get knocked off....That person completed it. The most someone can do is tie, but since Dendee did it first, they win.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    And in the situation of Proving Grounds how are ICD trinkets any better or worse than RPPM. Are you planning on unequipping your trinkets at certain times to get them to proc when you want them? Didn't think so. Also unless you're doing a Glaive Toss through 10 enemies to proc it I wouldn't call Relic of Xuen reliable in 463 gear. Not to mention the fact that maybe there is a burn phase that is hard to beat (the big Shas in later waves for example). What happens if you have to do that burn phase while your trinkets are on ICD? I'd much rather a 5% chance (random number) to get a RPPM proc rather than a 0% chance to get a proc because of ICD.

    You should be looking at the overall Agility between trinkets, nothing else.
    no when you compare trinkets there are a lot of things to take into account.

    1st renakatis may proc more now but is only 10 sec and the agility gain isnt good enough to outweight relic.

    relic is a trinket that have the same uptime than renakatis, the only diference is that relic have static agi with an agi proc. i see around 25-30% uptime, if your set up is crit->haste->mastery or crit->mastery->haste it will proc on CD pretty much.

    no trinket is comparable to bottle. sorry this trinket is insane and have around 40% uptime. ICD is pretty short and you get a proc every wave. all you gota do is track the ICD.

    if renakatis would stayed at 20 sec it should be better than bottle, is way overnerfed for 463 content. heck shadopan trinket is much better than renakatis because the proc line up with bottle every other proc.

    either way, gear help, still the biggest advantage you can have in here is knowing what to do and when to do it. if you know the waves you can get fairly high without having BIS, BIS allow you to reach wave 30 (wich is most of the ppl goal tbh) faster, reason why im doing it because i barelly have time and since i use my raiding gear for it (some of it) i can only do it for a few hours. i tried for 30 min last time got to wave 28, im sure i will try again once i can find some free time.
    Last edited by Perrito; 2013-10-05 at 05:03 AM.

  8. #28
    Huh, that's funny. There was an asian player that had scored over 10k. It's gone now. Oh well.

    Edit: Found the link. 10,398 by someone on TW-Menethil. Doesn't matter in the slightest though.
    Last edited by Starghlin; 2013-10-05 at 08:38 AM.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by mediic View Post
    I really like Assurance of Consequences in Proving Grounds, the CD reduction on stamp/rf/ba works out nicely.
    Most OP trinket is probably Relic of Xuen, but I went with Bottle of Infinite Stars so I could easily reforge to hit cap after switching helm for the meta gem. Bottle and Xuen are both very strong per ilvl.

    I stayed with crit>haste>mastery.
    Survival seems the best by far.

    I recorded myself doing waves 49-59 if you're interested. I think I can easily hit wave 68 if I play a bit better, but seems like the DPS checks beyond that are pretty rough.


    memorizing the waves is the biggest thing.
    Nice Interface and gz. ;D

  10. #30
    The most important information is: you only need 6% expertise/hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    For more overused and misunderstood terminology in MMOs, see: Pay to Win, Casual, Hardcore, Carrot on a Stick, Ganking, Trolling

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    The most important information is: you only need 6% expertise/hit.
    I don't think that is correct.
    The Defenders and Sha mobs are level 93. You need 7.5% hit/exp to not miss 93 / boss level mobs.

    I've been trying to get endless 30 healer on my crappy alt monk that I don't know how to heal with so I can have the title Proven Healer on my hunter lol.
    Been gettin my arse handed to me, the healer one is no joke :'(

  12. #32
    Fluffy Kitten Lohe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,404
    Quote Originally Posted by mediic View Post
    I've been trying to get endless 30 healer on my crappy alt monk that I don't know how to heal with so I can have the title Proven Healer on my hunter lol.
    Been gettin my arse handed to me, the healer one is no joke :'(
    Healing Sphere is really good for Proving Grounds. Also remember that as a monk you have a ton of tools to help reduce damage. Monks are really good for the PGs if you use all your tools.

  13. #33
    The Patient Alvarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    247
    Got to wave 48 the other day, I was Surv with Fervor / AmoC (for wave 10 boss) / Barrage. I used Eng goggles and relic of Xuen / H Bottle of Infinite stars (Off Elegon) as the RPPM trinkets i normally use are rather terrible in 463 environments. As far as gear, i used my off-set BiS gear i had from H ToT and it's the same set i used in CModes.

    When it comes to tips & tricks for endless, CC is your friend! Use the Klaxxi ambers to your advantage and Frost trap the double healers for LnL procs and control over heal casts. Wave 7 (i think) Gave me the most trouble each time, so i used Rapid Fire for that wave and 1 Beserker buff. Otherwise save your major CD's for the Wave 10 boss and the 2nd Beserker buff.

    Good luck!

  14. #34
    I optimised my setup a bit and gave it another go, got to wave 54 or something pretty easily then derped out.

    I tried the engi helm and you definitely get way more secondary stats due to the cogwheels not being downscaled.
    I tried Bottle + Xuen and it seems perfect.
    Switched to Durumu Xbow for the prismatic socket and nice stats. Apparently I sold my Megaera neck with the socket like an idiot.
    I tried TotH instead of Fervor and it actually seems better. No OP 2pc synergy but with the 30 focus arcane shots the uptime on TotH is real high.
    I switched out some 100% useless glyphs for some slightly less useless glyphs. Black Ice glyph for the frost trap speed boost is actually really nice for speeding around to position amber traps quickly.
    With no Assurance trinket I miss being able to rapid fire on wave 8 and have it up for 10. Wave 8 and 9 are the tighest by far in the later waves since you can't afford CDs for them. 8 is simple but very tight on DPS and you have to execute 9 very efficiently with the traps positioning.
    I stopped being lazy with the pet control which was a nice dps increase.

    Pretty confident I can break 60 tomorrow, I'll post fraps if I do.
    Armory in sig, will be proving grounds setup till Monday.

  15. #35
    High Overlord Solarflair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by mediic View Post
    I don't think that is correct.
    The Defenders and Sha mobs are level 93. You need 7.5% hit/exp to not miss 93 / boss level mobs.
    Right, the large Sha are both considered bosses, and you'll need that 7.5%, unless you want to attack them from behind like most normal people would.

    #TeamHunter

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarflair View Post
    Right, the large Sha are both considered bosses, and you'll need that 7.5%, unless you want to attack them from behind like most normal people would.
    Uh.......wat

    My Stream from 8CST-1CST on Tuesdays (rarely), and other randum stuff.
    PIKA

  17. #37
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabloks View Post
    Uh.......wat
    Yeah I've been trying to wrap my brain around that quote as well.

  18. #38
    High Overlord Solarflair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabloks View Post
    Uh.......wat
    Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Yeah I've been trying to wrap my brain around that quote as well.
    I suppose what I was trying to get at is that you need to be expertise capped for the Large Sha, the rest you can get away with(as per their level) since they're not 93/skull mobs.

    #TeamHunter

  19. #39
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4
    Neat little trick I came up with for maximizing damage:

    Glyph of no escape + Freezing trap gives your attacks 100% crit chance on the trapped target. Apply black arrow and then serpent sting to a trapped mob and you'll have 2 100% crit dots chipping away on a target while you focus on another. Black arrow first, as it doesnt break the trap before the first tick, giving you time to get a serpent sting up aswell. (Trap also procs a free LnL ofc.)

    Just be careful to not break the trap with auto shots. Mouseover/focus macros might be useful.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarflair View Post
    I suppose what I was trying to get at is that you need to be expertise capped for the Large Sha, the rest you can get away with(as per their level) since they're not 93/skull mobs.
    You should probably stop before you dig yourself a bigger hole.

    7.5% Hit is needed for 0% miss chance on level 93 enemies. 7.5% Expertise is needed for 0% dodge chance on level 93 enemies. Hunters can't be parried.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •