Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Heroic dungeons 5.4

I'm not sure how many people have noticed how fun "heroic" dungeons are right now in 5.4, it's almost like wotlk².

Since there are no people gearing up there, you pretty much only have extremely well equipped players who want to cap their valor. In the last two weeks I ran heroics every day on my druid and monk tanks, I usually wait for the tank satchel, but in the last few days I even did it just for fun. Damagedealers doing 150k+ dps are the rule, not the exception.

Before heroic scenarios, those dungeons were my main valor income for my non-raiding chars. Usually the tank topped the meters, and people doing 20k dps were common.

But right now it really is pure fun - yesterday I was scarlet monestary (cathedral), and all DDs did more than 200k dps, and even the healer respecced to shadow after the first boss. After the second boss I went straight to Whitemane, aggroing the whole cathedral and the mobs were burnt down within seconds.

So what I want to say is: If you want to cap your valor, a very convenient, fun and maybe even faster way than heroic scenarios are heroic dungeons right now - at least if you have play a almost-instant-invite role. If you stopped playing them, give them another chance, I am very sure you won't be dissappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I'm not sure how many people have noticed how fun "heroic" dungeons are right now in 5.4, it's almost like wotlk².
    Honestly it's worse. At least Wrath released newer dungeons with updated loot and harder mechanics, as did Cata. We've had the same ones since release and now our gear is so outstripping it that I can solo all Mists heroics on my DK in frost. I'm disappointed that nothing was released this expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Honestly it's worse. At least Wrath released newer dungeons with updated loot and harder mechanics, as did Cata. We've had the same ones since release and now our gear is so outstripping it that I can solo all Mists heroics on my DK in frost. I'm disappointed that nothing was released this expansion.
    The moved away from the 5man heroic model and went towards the 3man HC. More fun then 5man ever was tbh.

As long as you have someone that can queue as tank and another as healer, go with guild and have everyone in DPS spec. It's way more fun!

We do superfast 5 minutes or less Guild runs.

Blood DK tank (myself) + 4 of any dps. Don't need healers for anything.

Deleted
    can solo them all on shadowpriest whilst chain pulling. Not like I even need to hold back and CC or anything, just run through and AoE it all down. They're easier than doing solo mobs on isle :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    The moved away from the 5man heroic model and went towards the 3man HC. More fun then 5man ever was tbh.
    Yup, no static guaranteed loot/loot tables, decent atmosphere/story, and great locales, is definitely more fun than random drop/random stat generic items and half ass stories!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    Which is my disappointment. I enjoy the heroic scenarios, I do, but I also enjoy 5 man content and I don't feel either should be restricted for the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogarella View Post
    As long as you have someone that can queue as tank and another as healer, go with guild and have everyone in DPS spec. It's way more fun!
    We can all go dps. I tank in my dps gear now despite having a full set of real tanking gear from raid drops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Yup, no static guaranteed loot/loot tables, decent atmosphere/story, and great locales, is definitely more fun than random drop/random stat generic items and half ass stories!
    I mean in terms of MoP. 5man is pretty boring, the addition with 3mans brings something new where you have to do shit rather then pull the whole room, aoe shit down and move on as you overpower the zone.

You can get loot with a better ilevel from timless so the point of 5man heroic at current is achis and transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post

Since there are no people gearing up there, you pretty much only have extremely well equipped players who want to cap their valor. In the last two weeks I ran heroics every day on my druid and monk tanks, I usually wait for the tank satchel, but in the last few days I even did it just for fun. Damagedealers doing 150k+ dps are the rule, not the exception.

Before heroic scenarios, those dungeons were my main valor income for my non-raiding chars. Usually the tank topped the meters, and people doing 20k dps were common.

But right now it really is pure fun - yesterday I was scarlet monestary (cathedral), and all DDs did more than 200k dps, and even the healer respecced to shadow after the first boss. After the second boss I went straight to Whitemane, aggroing the whole cathedral and the mobs were burnt down within seconds.

So what I want to say is: If you want to cap your valor, a very convenient, fun and maybe even faster way than heroic scenarios are heroic dungeons right now - at least if you have play a almost-instant-invite role. If you stopped playing them, give them another chance, I am very sure you won't be dissappointed.
    Yeah, I've gotten into several runs where the tanks pull every trash mob up to and including the first boss and we kill it all together. Then all the trash up to the 2nd boss, etc until we finish. We did SM in like 3 pull with a monk tank that had like 850k hp and did 150k+ DPS. Loving it because I just do them for valor caps when I don't raid.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    And its ALWAYS fun to tell 2 of your friends on ventrilo that there is no room for them since blizzard went 3 man insted of 5 man like they have for the last 9 years. Yeah.. no

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    And its ALWAYS fun to tell 2 of your friends on ventrilo that there is no room for them since blizzard went 3 man insted of 5 man like they have for the last 9 years. Yeah.. no
    you could say the same thing for 5man 10man, heck even 25man.

Deleted
    Meh, tanking heroic dungeons is a bloody pain in the ass now with vengeance changes. Before 5.4 I could solo an heroic in less than 10 minutes, now I dont even bother holding aggro. Heroics has been easier than wrath since week 2. Now they are just pathetic. I can basically log in to any of my characters and solo them quite quickly. You did not do that in wrath.

Heroic dungeons are extremely boring now.

Deleted
    Next expansion; 1-man "heroics" ;-)

As a dk I just queue as tank but run in my DW frost spec/gear (ilvl 557). I swap to blood presence long enough to get aggro then back to frost and just DPS. Even fresh 90 healers can keep me up no problem. Pretty sure I could run most of them with just an off healer like that, they are such a joke now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Hopefully they build off of the flex raiding and make flex scenarios/x-man heroics next expac, I don't see any reason they won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Well that seems a bit shortsighted, we got heroic scenarios....

The problem is heroics got too easy too fast this expansion. Even in WOTLK they didn't really become a joke until you were in full ICC gear. In MOP they became a joke once you were in like full HOF/TES gear. Anything TOT or more and you could just snooze thru it.

I really hate scenarios and the post BC heroics. Would LOVE some BC style heroic 5 mans again. Used to spend so much time in 5 mans with friends when i was not raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    I really hate scenarios and the post BC heroics. Would LOVE some BC style heroic 5 mans again. Used to spend so much time in 5 mans with friends when i was not raiding.
    I liked the challenge of BC heroics, but being that I was a DPS Warrior back then it was always tough considering everyone wanted classes that could CC.

You can't really have challenging heroics anymore because of the LFG system. Remember early Cata? Heroics were pretty hard and people QQ-ed so much that they had to nerf it.

Deleted
    Dungeons have been shit since WOTLK... there was a brief moment in Cata but go go go and chain pull people ruined that.