Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    timeless isle made all pre-raid gear value-less and youre prettymuch just handed 550 ilvl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Even in WOTLK they didn't really become a joke until you were in full ICC gear..
    Nope, that's wrong sadly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noirlama View Post
    Nope, that's wrong sadly
    MoP heroics in full 463 gear was quite comparable to ICC heroics in ToC gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    We do superfast 5 minutes or less Guild runs.

Blood DK tank (myself) + 4 of any dps. Don't need healers for anything.
    I do the same, except we usually bring a fistweaving monk because that's all this one guildy has.

I really enjoy popping Death's Advance, Engineering Nitro Boosts, Darkwater Potion and Unholy Blight and then zooming across half the dungeon, then back to my party where they just destroy everything. It's a challenge in itself seeing how fast you can complete the dungeon :P

Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    timeless isle made all pre-raid gear value-less and youre prettymuch just handed 550 ilvl
    I'd love to know where I get handed 550 ilvl because now at 540 I'm really just getting RNG blocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

On a personal note I would of preferred harder heroics, but on a LFD convenience level I'm glad they are as easy as they are. The biggest shame is how few there are and how Blizz is leaning towards scenarios as a replacement.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is heroics got too easy too fast this expansion. Even in WOTLK they didn't really become a joke until you were in full ICC gear. In MOP they became a joke once you were in like full HOF/TES gear. Anything TOT or more and you could just snooze thru it.
    Whatisthisidonteven. I would tank wrath heroics as Fury in Naxx2.0 gear very very quickly, so this is just wrong on so many levels. MoP heroics were alright until you were about half to full 463's.
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could cap VP but... why? There's no VP gear. Upgrades are 500 VP for 2/2 so I can just run stuff to get VP when I have gear I want to upgrade.

I liked the challenge of BC heroics, but being that I was a DPS Warrior back then it was always tough considering everyone wanted classes that could CC.

You can't really have challenging heroics anymore because of the LFG system. Remember early Cata? Heroics were pretty hard and people QQ-ed so much that they had to nerf it.
    One of my best in-game friends was a Fury Warrior in BC, so i always ended up tanking an extra mob because i knew he could not CC. Every single day we ran heroics together.

I've been having this problem since 5.2, when I started healing them as Enhance >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Yup, no static guaranteed loot/loot tables, decent atmosphere/story, and great locales, is definitely more fun than random drop/random stat generic items and half ass stories!
    Garbage chances for loot, re-used environments, content people blow through in less than 15 minutes while not caring about the story, more re-used environments! Sounds great! By great, I mean great for Blizzard. They're extremely easy to pump out, so that's fantastic for them. Kind of like doing a science fair the night before and pretending it's fantastic.
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    Even before 5.4 my brother and I would queue as tank and dps but both of us would be in tank specs (bear and bm monk) and basically compete for aggro and vengeance.
    Seeing very high dps in Heroic dungeons is also fun, kinda tempts me to run the in-game stopwatch to see how fast we can clear dungeons.

Deleted
    I liked the challenge of BC heroics,
    Once you had S2-3 PvP Gear, most BC heroics were a joke, too.

Yup, but I still run into ppl just doing nothing.
    5dps guildruns ftw. SM/SH is around 3min per run, probably easier soon when all dps get legendary backs =D

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Once you dinged 90 MoP heroics were a joke, wrath was just as bad bar like 2 pulls throughout the entire dungeon set. cata / tbc had interesting heroics on release.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Once you dinged 90 MoP heroics were a joke, wrath was just as bad bar like 2 pulls throughout the entire dungeon set. cata / tbc had interesting heroics on release.
    They were probably a bit too hard for the average player. I loved that difficulty though and it actually felt fun and rewarding.

However 1 hour to complete deadmines runs due to having to stop and drink after every pull was painful as a fresh 85 healer with shit all regen.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    They were probably a bit too hard for the average player. I loved that difficulty though and it actually felt fun and rewarding.

However 1 hour to complete deadmines runs due to having to stop and drink after every pull was painful as a fresh 85 healer with shit all regen.
    I agree to an extent, although it was alreaday largely mitigated by time you had tha 346 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Some were a joke depending on your makeup, and some would wreck your face if you didn't CC or know wtf was going on. Alot had to do with what tank you ran with. Back in the Paladin = AoE Warrior = Single Target and Druid = Avoidance tanking roles.

A dungeon that was faceroll with a Paladin (SH heroic) was alot harder with a warrior, other examples exist.

Personally, I don't like the philosophy that patch dungeons had in Wrath and Cata. Sure, ZG was really cool the first time around, but I was totally over it by the end of the first week. I think that the Timeless Isle is a much better way of getting gear that would have been about the same quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    One of my best in-game friends was a Fury Warrior in BC, so i always ended up tanking an extra mob because i knew he could not CC. Every single day we ran heroics together.
    Oh man I remember these days where DPs Warriors, Enhance Shamans would not get brought because of no CC.

I remember putting a run together for my wife and an enhance shaman from one of the good raiding guilds at the time whispered me. I told him we were looking for a CC and he said to me kinda arrogantly "I do 1000 dps I don't need to CC" At the time the number was really high, haha.

Oh the memories.

Did that last night, me wioth the rogue, balance druid healing and pala tank - it was fun all people going @.@ WHOA and completing istances in 10 minutes or so.

Anyway i feel the lack of 5 man in later patches. LFR isn't bad, but they could just add some that dropped timeless-isle like gear to add some more variety.

What i REALLY would like to see in the future? 5man and scenarios merged - you can enter in groups of 3-5, no roles needed (while standard THDDD comp is optimal). So this way they can do more or them during patches. Scenarios are really cool, and the scaling tech can make wonders for that content.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.