Low Healing Done in Raids

So after hitting on my monk I've been noticing that my healing done (compared to other healers) is really low. Obviously, after playing for such a short period, I'm not comfortable with the mistweaver spec yet, so I'm hoping to get some tips and tricks from this thread. My item level is currently 493 and I've been doing ToT raids. My current "rotation" when the raid is taking moderate damage, I'm spamming Renewing Mist on CD, Soothing Mist on tank/raid members taking damage and if RM is enough to heal the raid, I use Enveloping Mist on tanks. Otherwise, I pop my TFT and use Uplift.

Are you designated to do less healing done than classes like holy paladins and disc priests when playing a MW monk due to the lack of absorption?

I'd be very interested to hear responses to the OP. My girlfriend just hit 90 with her first character (yay!), a MW, but she's pretty low in healing done. Often below monk/DK tanks. I just want some simple advice to help her improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Audox View Post
    My item level is currently 493 and I've been doing ToT raids. My current "rotation" when the raid is taking moderate damage, I'm spamming Renewing Mist on CD, Soothing Mist on tank/raid members taking damage and if RM is enough to heal the raid, I use Enveloping Mist on tanks. Otherwise, I pop my TFT and use Uplift.
    Sounds exactly like my girlfriend. Even down to the ilvl... o.0

Quote Originally Posted by Audox View Post
    Are you designated to do less healing done than classes like holy paladins and disc priests when playing a MW monk due to the lack of absorption?
    If you're doing trivial content, yes, you're going to see that.

Basically your optimal "priority" in raids is to keep ReM on cd, don't cap your chi by any means. Use Uplift as people take damage, for a really high damage phase, about 10 seconds prior to the damage coming, refresh all you're Renewing Mists (should have 6-8) by using Thunder Focus Tea so then all your current ones go back to full duration and use ReM again as it comes off cd. Plan to have 2-4 chi before the damage is about to come out so you can hit uplift right as that first chunk of damage comes out, then use Expel Harm (mana neutral on a 15 sec cd) and a Spinning Crane Kick depending if you had 2 or 4 chi before the damage spike started. Also at low gear levels, Chi Torpedo performs very well, and for free healing, it takes some getting used to for positioning and where the most amount of people are for Chi Torpedo to excel. Hope any of this information helps. Monks can beat Priests/Paladins, just takes work, timing, and playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by XxnitmarexX View Post
    Monks can beat Priests/Paladins, just takes work, timing, and playstyle.
    Partially true, but not entirely.

If the only thing seperating you and another healer playing any other healing class is player skill, expect to have to play about x3 as hard as any other healer to be able to out perform them. Mistweaver has a very high skill cap with very little reward, prior to SoO playing very well led to insane throughput. Nowdays almost every class was buffed enough to be able to do the same with far more efficent and foolproof means. Absorbs will snipe your healing, smart healing, and other healer cds will always beat your heals. You only have one. Additonally, ReM has a bad habit of spreading to targets at in a seemingly random way, making the healing from ReM and uplift spam (our main way of dealing with raid wide aoe damage) worthless in a lot of situations. You can get a taste of what mistweaver is capable of in raidfinder nowdays, if our rems are always healing damaged targets and you're positioning correctly for torpedos/chi burts etc, you can hit insane numbers.

That all seems kind of negative, but its how alot of mistweavers feel, its unfortunately true. However.. i'll say some positive things before i finish. The class has a high skill cap that requires you to always be planning your next move/heal/ and creating situations to optimally uplift spam. Its definately engaging and fun, you also have the highest dps of any healer that translates to some awesome "downtime" dps contribution. Furthermore, you absolutely destroy on spread fights. However in SoO there aren't very many.
    Amazing Signature by Yoni