Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Am I the only one who said "Wonder what that's going to do to the Splinter Cell series of games?"

He was 6'2" and had brown eyes.

Did anyone mention the size of his house yet?

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah, that is sad
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

So did he make the games and the books or whats the story with that? well rest in peace fella, though i never read or played any of your work, you always had a fancy fancy name.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP

Tom Clancy and Vince Flynn gone in the same year. Brad Thor is all I have left to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    RIP

Tom Clancy and Vince Flynn gone in the same year. Brad Thor is all I have left to look forward to.
    Omg, I never saw that Vince Flynn died! Argh, no more Mitch Rapp, ahhhh.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    :c for some reason I'm really sad even though I only read like 4 of his books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeras View Post
    So did he make the games and the books or whats the story with that?
    As a general rule, if it says "Tom Clancy's" or "Tom Clancy and X" or "Tom Clancy with X", then it's a Tom-Clancy-Brand product and probably he had little, if anything, to do with it.

The first two Rainbow Six games, as well as the first Ghost Recon, are exceptions to this. They were made by Clancy's game company, Red Storm Entertainment, but I don't believe any of the later ones in the series (made after Red Storm was bought up by Ubisoft in 2000) had much, if any, in the way of Clancy involvement.

If it just says Tom Clancy, then it's his own work. Anything set in the Ryanverse, as well as Red Storm Rising, SSN, Against All Enemies, and his non-fiction stuff are his own writings.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Sad.

I'll have to say reading Hunt For Red October really spurred my love of reading.

Wow, not a single "I don't know who that is" in this thread.

OT: Honestly didn't know he wrote books, might pick one up now, the only place i've heard of his name was the games, sad to see someone die that young.

Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    Wow, not a single "I don't know who that is" in this thread.

OT: Honestly didn't know he wrote books, might pick one up now, the only place i've heard of his name was the games, sad to see someone die that young.
    If you're going to pick up his books, pick up the earlier ones. Red Storm Rising is a great standalone, and the Jack Ryan series is a good place to start. I wish I could recommend you start with the Sum of All Fears, but you'll have no clue what is going on. That book is intense, but ya gotta earn it, haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    If you're going to pick up his books, pick up the earlier ones. Red Storm Rising is a great standalone, and the Jack Ryan series is a good place to start. I wish I could recommend you start with the Sum of All Fears, but you'll have no clue what is going on. That book is intense, but ya gotta earn it, haha.
    Only problem with Red Storm Rising is it is showing its age (ah, the F-19...), but it is a great book.

Deleted
    Can't say much about his books but i really enjoyed his games

Way too soon :/
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Am I the only one who said "Wonder what that's going to do to the Splinter Cell series of games?"
    Obviously they'll become Zombie horror survival games.

Duh.

Deleted
    R.I.P... Without Remorse was always my fave because it was not your typical TC novel.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    his stuff got realy bad (some was ghostwritten though) over time. shame, some of his earlier stuff that he put more effort into was at least interesting in its accuracy on various military related things.

Deleted
    Sad, just like all deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    As a general rule, if it says "Tom Clancy's" or "Tom Clancy and X" or "Tom Clancy with X", then it's a Tom-Clancy-Brand product and probably he had little, if anything, to do with it.
    Pretty much. At most he probably comes up with a premise, then someone else writes it. Pure franchising - and that likely won't end for a while yet (and if anyone will increase for a short while because they always cash in on someone's death).

Regardless, a decent to good author.