• 10-15

114 14.75%
  • 15-20

67 8.67%
  • 20-25

32 4.14%
  • 25+

176 22.77%
  • Blizzard should remove 3rd party addons.

39 5.05%
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    yes they have, i play with a few addons, but i can play just fine with 0, but it wouldn't be great. part of the problem is the blizzard ui is lacking a lot and addons fix the issues.

i use Bartender pretty much just because its easier to set / change keybinds than the stupid default menu and i can move the bars to the bottom right corner of my screen where they are out the way.

healbot, better raid frames, cba setting up macros to go with defualt frames, easy to set up, can't play my healer without them :\ probably my most important add on.

and thats really the only addons i use, i got custom cast bar ones, but i can easily do without that, thats just aesthetics.

i do think some players have too many addons, see people with like 60+ addons, just crazy! also i remember an addon from wotlk cata (not sure if its still around) but it was for ret paladins and it just flashed the ability you should use, thats the lamest addon ive ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    If they should remove anything they should remove the ability to click your main abilities on the screen to force people to keybind. Of course they'd never do that at this point but if they did it from the beginning the game would be much better off now and we'd all have a much easier time in PuGs and LFR. There probably wouldn't be many millionaires in this game if it wasn't for addons. They do literally all the work once you set them up correctly.
    Yeah because having options in a game is a terrible idea. Let's force people to play this way even though they're not comfortable with it.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfstan View Post

How I imagine someone with a million addons.

reminds me of an interface i saw years ago from some Chinese player, had some anime characters or something up the side, and loads of other rubbish, and a small bit inn the middle of the screen you could actually see

I use DBM as a tool but most other addons I am using atm are for cosmetic reasons. I use ElvUI because the standard UI just looks horrible to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    you by no means need to have addons.

I USE ZERO ZIP NADDA

and i killed kanrethad as a clicker *in the second week he was available**i had 483ish item lvl at the time*

i got through half of tot before my guild forced me to get DBM for duromue the giant eye ball *and it wasn't because i need it it was becuase leader needed me to have it incase i got the life drain. other wise i try to keep it off.

my screen is open and clear and i like the default UI

My warlocks name is Káelthas on emerald dream and between both factions i am the 3rd best demo warlock going by wow heroes *25th between all specs*
    and my guild currently is on dark shaman in normal mode Siege

but then locks been getting nerfed a lot so not many of us left anyways as we get changed every month
    Look this is ridiculous.
    1. Killing a hard boss as a clicker is not a something you can brag with. It makes you look like a bad player who refuses to improve.
    2. Third best demo warlock when LOOKING AT GEAR.
    3. Being only on normal dark shaman doesn't tell anything good about your performance.
    4. Please tell me how you play demo effectively without tracking your trinketprocs?!
    but then locks been getting nerfed a lot so not many of us left anyways as we get changed every month
    Lol... Such a drama queen. No locks are not being mass abandoned, in fact they are one of the most played classes.

A player that uses every tool he can get his hands on is, in my opinion, a better player than a person who doesn't.
    I agree with this.
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2013-10-05 at 02:54 PM.

Deleted
    Even as a healer you can do good with the default UI.

Deleted
    The only thing I "need" (dps) is a) unit frame addon and b) buff/debuff timer addon. The default UI is stupid for placing those things, that you have to keep track off throughout, up in the corners. As long as I can have them near the middle so I can see them and see where my char is at the same time, I can live without other addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I seriously don't know what you are talking about. Unless you are a healer the default UI does pretty much everything except play the game for you... if you need an addon to tell you when x cd is done and what skills to use you're just a baddie... even DBM became less mandatory with the implementation of dungeon journal...
    You can use the default UI as a healer no problem, I certainly do. And I'm a fucking amazing healer.

I DIE laughing at the other healers in my guild on patch days because they run around like chicken with their heads cut off "I CANT HEAL WITHOUT MY VUHDO" Morons lol

Vanilla UI FTW

And don't you give me any shit about having "Faster response times" that's on the PERSON playing, Not the UI. Playing default UI means that you can actually heal and not have an addon tell you how to heal
    Last edited by Malcor; 2013-10-05 at 03:19 PM.

I Use five, but for pvp only. use around 8-10 when pve

they may have. I myself am not too crazy about

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    But is it customizable?

No, "pro-paladins" still use it since the class has so many cooldowns and abilities to watch that it is near impossible to have 'raid awareness' while doing optimal damage.
    I like how you list 'loss of raid awareness' as a downside when that addon is primarily used to increase raid awareness.
    Yes, else I wouldn't have mentioned it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFGon4QDxXM If you want to see roughly.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I use a few - dbm, tomtom, npcscan, mogit (MUST HAVE), recount. I have more installed, but those are the only ones I truly USE. I never had a problem with the default UI. I've used others, I dislike having to worry when they're not correct or updated and everything gets all screwy.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Personally I've never installed any addons ever. I mean surely Blizzard should provide everything that you need to play the game. And in all honesty dozens of damage and threat metres and whatever else really aren't necessary to play the game. Sure, without them you won't be optimised but then no one else would be either, if the game had no addons.

The whole addon craze has never made sense to me. Not why people are ok with this system that puts people on an uneven playing field, and not why blizzard is cool with letting third parties do what is essentially hacking the game. I would be very grateful if someone could explain it.
    The default UI looks horrible, addons let you make it look awesome. I love addons purely because they can change the look of the game. I don't think you need them to be able to play, though they do help healers.

To the OP, I'm guessing this guy was a healer? He probably had his UI set up in a way which made healing easier for him, maybe his healing frames got knocked out of position.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand what people think is wrong with the default UI? I get that some only turn of the background of the default UI so they only see the buttons and some might hide them completely because they only need to see the cooldown for them and know all keybinds for their skill. Rest I don't understand. Why does it matter where the buttons are located?

Add omnicc to default, make the healthbar thing on unitframe thicker. Add an option to view your debuffs on default nameplates. Allow the map and buffs and debuffs in upper right hand corner to be moved.

UI team spending way too much time making pet battles when they could be improving the default to a playable level. I don't think anyone can argue against incorporating omnicc. Watch a pvp'er stream sometime. Their team asks, when is healing tide up? shaman response : uhhh, like 20seconds? exactly my point.

I believe it's possible that for next expansion they are working on a new storage solution rather than the bag sorting thing we have now. Possibly tabs? or something like bagon? Not sure but bags + storage are pretty high on the priority list for them on things to revamp iirc.
    Last edited by Aboubacar; 2013-10-05 at 04:47 PM.

I use 5-10 "vital" addons which I probably couldn't live without. Ontop of that I have maybe 20 QoL addons that save me time tabbing out and searching for stuff, like Atlas and so on.

My core addons
    Healbot - cant do anything without it.
    ArkInventory
    omniCC

others

Bartender
    Auctionator
    X-pearl
    DBM
    RBS

and some others for looks and pet battles

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 42 addons. Just because I like that number.

The default UI really is quite bad. It's ten years old, and it shows. It also covers far more of the screen than is really necessary, and doesn't give you the option to hide your action bars (there's no point in seeing all those icons when I have them all keybound). The default "splash" indicators are also much too in-your-face for my taste; I like having a visual cue when clearcasting has procced, but I don't want a big thing in the middle of my screen. I want to be able to see the cooldown on abilities when it's relevant, but I don't need to see those icons when they're not actually cooling.

The default raid frames include obnoxious amounts of empty space while presenting very little relevant information, and they're awkwardly placed off to the side of the screen. As a healer, I prefer to have the raid frames right below my character so that I can both see where I'm standing and how the raid is doing at the same time. I also prefer having the sides of the screen clear so that I can see the boss and the room, and not just health meters everywhere. I want to actually experience the fights and see what's going on, and the default raid frames don't really let me do that. And since my own health is shown in the raid frames, I don't actually need a separate health bar to show how I'm doing, so that's gone (replaced by a lone mana bar that goes along the top of the raid frames).

So while I could play without addons, I don't enjoy it nearly as much. Everything feels clumsy and blocks way too much of the screen. As a result, I don't really raid unless most of my addons are functional. Not because I can't, but because I don't like it, and the whole point of raiding at all is because I like it.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

[ 2:30PM]/Applications/World of Warcraft-1313> ls Interface/AddOns/ | wc -l

To be fair, that's addon modules - DBM and all its submodules, datastore and its modules, tradeskillmaster, etc etc.

I do regularly prune them though.