• 10-15

114 14.75%
  • 15-20

67 8.67%
  • 20-25

32 4.14%
  • 25+

176 22.77%
  • Blizzard should remove 3rd party addons.

39 5.05%
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Maybe in your opinion, but many disagree. People say the default UI sucks, yet it worked fine for me.

I've never used ElvUI, but it's very popular.
    Just like many disagree that it's a good UI addon.

The guy I quoted was "stating the obvious", implying everybody who tried ElvUI would never go back. I proved him wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    ....used to increase raid awareness.
    I agree on that point, but i felt that addons that show "click this or that" do the opposite.

No, "pro-paladins" still use it since the class has so many cooldowns and abilities to watch that it is near impossible to have 'raid awareness' while doing optimal damage.
    That was news to me, because i don't play retpaladin. The last time i had one, it was not a problem (too long ago to speak about the situation now). Thanks for the clarification, now i'm going to level one, because i like such priority damage systems

How I imagine someone with a million addons.
    The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.- George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfstan View Post
    I've seen interfaces that look like this... But you can build an nice looking interface with lots of space. For example an old interface of mine.

There are a lot of addons used for this, but most act in the background or pop up if i need them.
    Haven't played my priest in this addon, so i can't take a new screenshot.
    Last edited by Merador; 2013-10-05 at 01:49 PM.

my only really required addons is Dominos, for all the rest the game UI does a good enough job

- - - Updated - - -

Nice minimalist UI there Merador, I would like to see how it is in a raid
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    If X is % better then Y, Y is bad. I hate that concept with the searing, burning unfathomable energy of a collapsing supergiant.

If they should remove anything they should remove the ability to click your main abilities on the screen to force people to keybind. Of course they'd never do that at this point but if they did it from the beginning the game would be much better off now and we'd all have a much easier time in PuGs and LFR. There probably wouldn't be many millionaires in this game if it wasn't for addons. They do literally all the work once you set them up correctly.
    i5 2500k @ 4.7Ghz | GTX 670 SLI OC | 8gb DDR3 1600 | ASRock P67 Extreme4 | X-Fi Platinum | 1+3TB WD Caviar Black | EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 | LG M2762D-PM 27" 1080p | Logitech THX Z-5300e 5.1 | CM Stacker STC-T01 | Razer Naga/Logitech MX-518 | Noppoo Choc Mini Cherry MX Red | Logitech G330/Audio-Technica ATH-M50

I play healer usually and I still use the default UI, with party set to use raid frames, class colours on etc. A couple of years ago I would use Grid but there's no point now that the default UI does pretty much the same thing showing incoming heals and all that stuff, the only thing I would like as a disc priest is to see absorbs a bit more clearly at 100% hp, can't tell if a player has 1 absorb or 250,000. Honestly the greatest benefit to having few addons is just the simplicity of never encountering issues with them, I've got friends who use a bunch and they encounter problems at quite critical times and have to fix them.

A good example would be that I used to use the Razer Naga addon, which was kind of like Bartender but set in the numpad format, having set that up on 10 of my high level chars at the time only to find out one day that the addon will no longer be supported, it took at least two hours to rebind and remap most of my keys on both specs on all chars and it really wasn't worth it for what probably amounts to 5% more view-able screen.

I may have gone heavy on UI addons if I had fewer chars, I switch very regularly and it requires a lot of reconfiguration and becomes not worth it.

Edit: My primary addons are DBMSpellTimers, Recount, Atlasloot and REFlex (BG stat tracker).
    Last edited by Felfury; 2013-10-05 at 02:15 PM.
    One cannot simply quit wow his way into Mordor.

I currently have 92 addons installed according to my Curse client. Granted, a good number of those are modules and such required by other addons (Datastore for Altoholic, for example).

Honestly, I don't relate player skill to number of addons at all, and it seems silly to me to do so. Many addons are simply for convenience sake, and the ones that do add some sort of performance enhancement generally aren't miracles. If an addon tells you to move out of fire, it's still up to the player how fast they react to it. And addons that tell you to press so-and-so button at so-and-so time (SpellFlash and the like) aren't perfect, and in a lot of cases they're more of a loose guideline than anything, still requiring the player to make the judgment on whether or not what it's suggesting is truly the best thing to do at that point in the battle. "Should I really use that flashing interrupt skill to interrupt this enemy ability that will do 15,000 damage, or should I save it for the ability he may use soon that will do 300,000 damage?" Any player who is actually trying should know the answer to that, regardless of what the addon is telling them. Despite how some will try to make it sound, those types of addons don't "play the game for you."

As for the person the OP refers to: I can understand not being able to raid without his UI, and the lack of WeakAuras would certainly harm the performance of someone who is used to having that visual information, but I'm not sure why meters would be relevant.

I use about 50 addons, most of which are for aesthetics. Would I be able to function with just 3 addons? Yes. Would I enjoy playing with just those? HELL NO.

yes they have, i play with a few addons, but i can play just fine with 0, but it wouldn't be great. part of the problem is the blizzard ui is lacking a lot and addons fix the issues.

i use Bartender pretty much just because its easier to set / change keybinds than the stupid default menu and i can move the bars to the bottom right corner of my screen where they are out the way.

healbot, better raid frames, cba setting up macros to go with defualt frames, easy to set up, can't play my healer without them :\ probably my most important add on.

and thats really the only addons i use, i got custom cast bar ones, but i can easily do without that, thats just aesthetics.

i do think some players have too many addons, see people with like 60+ addons, just crazy! also i remember an addon from wotlk cata (not sure if its still around) but it was for ret paladins and it just flashed the ability you should use, thats the lamest addon ive ever seen.
    Too cool for a signature

Herald of the Titans Geminiwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    If they should remove anything they should remove the ability to click your main abilities on the screen to force people to keybind. Of course they'd never do that at this point but if they did it from the beginning the game would be much better off now and we'd all have a much easier time in PuGs and LFR. There probably wouldn't be many millionaires in this game if it wasn't for addons. They do literally all the work once you set them up correctly.
    Yeah because having options in a game is a terrible idea. Let's force people to play this way even though they're not comfortable with it.
    “Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It’s cuz you make ‘em outta stupid water, you bimbo! Put some fruit juice in there and freeze it into ice cubes, and put THAT in your milk.”
    "One small mankind and I'm gonna leap the heck outta this moon rocket." - Kneel Aurmstrang
    For your health.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfstan View Post

reminds me of an interface i saw years ago from some Chinese player, had some anime characters or something up the side, and loads of other rubbish, and a small bit inn the middle of the screen you could actually see
    Too cool for a signature

I use DBM as a tool but most other addons I am using atm are for cosmetic reasons. I use ElvUI because the standard UI just looks horrible to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    you by no means need to have addons.

I USE ZERO ZIP NADDA

and i killed kanrethad as a clicker *in the second week he was available**i had 483ish item lvl at the time*

i got through half of tot before my guild forced me to get DBM for duromue the giant eye ball *and it wasn't because i need it it was becuase leader needed me to have it incase i got the life drain. other wise i try to keep it off.

my screen is open and clear and i like the default UI

My warlocks name is Káelthas on emerald dream and between both factions i am the 3rd best demo warlock going by wow heroes *25th between all specs*
    and my guild currently is on dark shaman in normal mode Siege

but then locks been getting nerfed a lot so not many of us left anyways as we get changed every month
    Look this is ridiculous.
    1. Killing a hard boss as a clicker is not a something you can brag with. It makes you look like a bad player who refuses to improve.
    2. Third best demo warlock when LOOKING AT GEAR.
    3. Being only on normal dark shaman doesn't tell anything good about your performance.
    4. Please tell me how you play demo effectively without tracking your trinketprocs?!
    but then locks been getting nerfed a lot so not many of us left anyways as we get changed every month
    Lol... Such a drama queen. No locks are not being mass abandoned, in fact they are one of the most played classes.

A player that uses every tool he can get his hands on is, in my opinion, a better player than a person who doesn't.
    I agree with this.
    Last edited by Karlzone; 2013-10-05 at 02:54 PM.

Even as a healer you can do good with the default UI.

"Livet er som en tissemand, den har op og nedture" - Ukendt

The only thing I "need" (dps) is a) unit frame addon and b) buff/debuff timer addon. The default UI is stupid for placing those things, that you have to keep track off throughout, up in the corners. As long as I can have them near the middle so I can see them and see where my char is at the same time, I can live without other addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I seriously don't know what you are talking about. Unless you are a healer the default UI does pretty much everything except play the game for you... if you need an addon to tell you when x cd is done and what skills to use you're just a baddie... even DBM became less mandatory with the implementation of dungeon journal...
    You can use the default UI as a healer no problem, I certainly do. And I'm a fucking amazing healer.

I DIE laughing at the other healers in my guild on patch days because they run around like chicken with their heads cut off "I CANT HEAL WITHOUT MY VUHDO" Morons lol

Vanilla UI FTW

And don't you give me any shit about having "Faster response times" that's on the PERSON playing, Not the UI. Playing default UI means that you can actually heal and not have an addon tell you how to heal
    Last edited by Malcor; 2013-10-05 at 03:19 PM.

I Use five, but for pvp only. use around 8-10 when pve

they may have. I myself am not too crazy about

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    But is it customizable?

No, "pro-paladins" still use it since the class has so many cooldowns and abilities to watch that it is near impossible to have 'raid awareness' while doing optimal damage.
    I like how you list 'loss of raid awareness' as a downside when that addon is primarily used to increase raid awareness.
    Yes, else I wouldn't have mentioned it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFGon4QDxXM If you want to see roughly.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne