Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    Field Marshal Rickett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    we havent started this yet, we are on thok atm. is next in line tho and im pretty sure for 10 man you need 2 groups, alternatiing cds. if you want to pick what you would kill. if you are not going to pick and just have hunters on the line you need to make sure they kill the magnet. otherwise they wont be able to disengage into the line, or have them get into the pipe.

    in 10 man i think is 12 mill wich is doable by 2 ppl. idk how much is 25 man. our rogué was also saying that he cant shadowstep anymore into the line so we were going to have just the rogué and myself doing it but now looks like we will have to get 2 groups for it.
    On heroic, we do waves 3, 5, and 7 with myself as BM and a subt rogue. He'll solo first, pot 3rd, I pot 5th with all cooldowns sans-stampede (you'll have ~20s on it if used as part of the pull--honestly, it wasn't needed). The disassembled weapons have 12M on 10-man HC, so it's very doable. Just make sure you have BW (RF optional--with 2pc you should have it). Pair that with how familiar you are with what the belt patterns are on particular waves, and you're golden.
    Tyranny - Shattered Hand (US)
    I make hunter guides. Visit my YouTube channel!
    Visit my stream! Every night starting at 8 PM EST.

  2. #62
    Mechagnome Arhippa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by Serb View Post
    Sometimes shit hits the fan...or your your dps on the belt is rather tight so every second counts.

    I've been doing it for more then 100 pulls when we were progressing and boy it was stressful with all @%^$ going on the main platform.
    I've fell down few times but 95% of the time I've managed without any problems.

    One of the tricky parts was managing my pet since it can get stuck on the pipe if it's only on passive...instead you need to send it to attack boss (for instance) and once you're on the belt just put it on passive and it'll spawn right next to you.
    This is obviously when you are disengaging on to the belt , otherwise it works fine.

    All of this is from 10 man perspective tho.
    Unfortunately our strategy involves tanking the boss so far away that I can't send my pet to attack it. Most of the time it's fine though because by now we overgear it a bit and we're still using 6 people (25man obviously) per belt so we have plenty of time after most of the belt phases to dismiss pets. It was much tighter whilst progressing on our first kill, I'll give you that, and there were quite a few pulls where I just left my pet stuck on the pipe because it wasn't worth it.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

    Hippa
    <Ad Infinitum>
    AI on WoWProgress

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhippa View Post
    Unfortunately our strategy involves tanking the boss so far away that I can't send my pet to attack it. Most of the time it's fine though because by now we overgear it a bit and we're still using 6 people (25man obviously) per belt so we have plenty of time after most of the belt phases to dismiss pets. It was much tighter whilst progressing on our first kill, I'll give you that, and there were quite a few pulls where I just left my pet stuck on the pipe because it wasn't worth it.
    Yep we tank the boss in China also. To combat the longer-than-normal running distance we have me on every belt, rotating other players who have CDs with me. There are a couple of guaranteed hairy moments, but as long as you plan it all out in advance it's pretty straight forward. My PoV is pretty boring, but I'll try and get it uploaded for others to see.

    - - - Updated - - -


  4. #64
    Hey sorry if this has been asked but how do you prevent your pet from getting stuck on the main platform (the pipe) when you do the Disengage jump onto the belt? I end up having to manually dismiss it when I get back on the main platform before I jump onto the belt to summon it up there again.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 20-man, HM-2/7M, currently recruiting all
    Website: http://www.guilesthemesong.wowlaunch.com
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Hey sorry if this has been asked but how do you prevent your pet from getting stuck on the main platform (the pipe) when you do the Disengage jump onto the belt? I end up having to manually dismiss it when I get back on the main platform before I jump onto the belt to summon it up there again.
    thats the only way, dismiss it or if the boss is close send it to the boss then put it on passive and would jump into the belt.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Hey sorry if this has been asked but how do you prevent your pet from getting stuck on the main platform (the pipe) when you do the Disengage jump onto the belt? I end up having to manually dismiss it when I get back on the main platform before I jump onto the belt to summon it up there again.
    If you force your pet to use an ability it usually teleports your pet to you. This works on everyday things, like if he gets stuck on the ground, while your ontop of something while questing.


    When I get on the belt and don't see my pet in range of me. I use 2 Macros(only because I always forget which one is the one that works.. lol).


    Macro#1 - Cower / Mend Pet
    Macro#2 - Pet Passive / Dash / Masters Call.

    One of those has always worked for me, to teleport my pet to me.


    **Edit** Has "Always worked for me" --- EXCEPT on Megera, where he likes to take a LONG detour to pull all the mobs that weren't pulled in LFR/PuG raids... When this used to happen, I couldn't dismiss him(distance/LoS) >.< So I'd calmly wait for him to get in range with things following him, dismiss and feign and watch the raid start to die as half were already on the way to Ji'kun.. LOL
    Last edited by Drairon; 2013-10-25 at 01:22 PM.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Hey sorry if this has been asked but how do you prevent your pet from getting stuck on the main platform (the pipe) when you do the Disengage jump onto the belt? I end up having to manually dismiss it when I get back on the main platform before I jump onto the belt to summon it up there again.
    I felt dismissing was a waste of time. What worked well for me were setting up keybinds for calling my pet to me and calling for my pet.

  8. #68
    Setting pet on passive AFTER Disengage'ing onto the belt does the trick, thanks!
    Last edited by timoseewho; 2013-10-27 at 08:55 AM.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 20-man, HM-2/7M, currently recruiting all
    Website: http://www.guilesthemesong.wowlaunch.com
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

  9. #69
    Anyone else notice if you time disengage exactly correct, you can avoid getting gripped off the belt?

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Narrow View Post
    Anyone else notice if you time disengage exactly correct, you can avoid getting gripped off the belt?
    Yeah, but then you are stuck at the back of the belt lol

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    Yeah, but then you are stuck at the back of the belt lol
    No.. if you time it right you negate the grip effect. You just stay in place on the belt. If you cast it when you're on the back of the belt, that's on you.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    How can you do this? You get a debuff when you use a pipe that makes you unable to get onto it twice in a row. Are you using the pipe every other time when able, and using disengage for the rest?
    I am also wondering about this. Created a thread on it. I am soloing every belt on 10 man by disengaging from the pipe. But if you can do every other it seems a lot safer. I have also had times when Magnetic Crush has gone off before I climb the pipe and in that instance you pretty much have to use the pipe. So I want to make sure that if I do that, the debuff won't port me off the belt or something the next time I get on with disengage.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    I stopped doing at all due to pet issues. Often it would bug out on the conveyor belt and be unable to attack.
    OMFG THANK YOU I thought it was just me. My pet normally does fine, but once in a while it acts like it can't reach whatever target I'm shooting. Even with Blink Strikes.

    Also, I salute everybody who can disengage onto the conveyor belt - I'm too scared to miss and fall to my death. Disengaging off, probably not so bad. Disengaging on, not so much. Then I updated to Windows 8.1 and now it would be even harder. (There's a weird issue where every 15th mouse click you are suddenly looking in a random and exciting new direction.)

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Narrow View Post
    Anyone else notice if you time disengage exactly correct, you can avoid getting gripped off the belt?
    can you give some further explanation plz when that can occur? right before the grip or when it grips you use disengege and stay in spot?

    I have a question to fellow hunters perhaps some1 experienced it too. Atm we're try to progress in hc siegecrafter and hunters are goin up on each line, my problem is that during some tries when i had the debuff so the way to go up the line was to enter the pipe and as soon it threw me on air i would use disengage in the highest peak, sometimes dis wasn't working and instead i was dropping myself again on ground. My question is , is that a bugg or perhaps i use disengage too fast or too slow?

  15. #75
    Field Marshal Ishilien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Sweet Apple Acres
    Posts
    98
    I've solo'ed the Assembly Line yesterday as a BM hunter with ilvl 566. I must admit that the pet bugging out is a pain -.-'... my pet bug involves my pet not coming with me to the Assembly Line, once I respawn it it works fine again. Since I don't have my 4p T16 yet I still run BM, and I can solo it rather easily.

    If you want to try to solo the Assembly Line on heroic you will either need silly RNG as SV with your 4p or you will need to do insane burst as BM... But I don't really see that being possible as of now, maybe later on when you have it on farm.

  16. #76
    Did this again last night and even with being extremely careful dismissing and using call macros as BM, my pet still bugged out completely one attempt. I ended up going survival and not using a pet at all and didn't look back.

    Also, I know this might be stating the blatantly obvious to some, but before last night I had been mostly strafing on the belt. But if you jump straight up, when stationary, the belt just continues under you and you stay where you are. Once I got to middle or so I just kept jumping and killed add at range, making placement perfect for disengaging back to the platform.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Cear-FR View Post
    I am also wondering about this. Created a thread on it. I am soloing every belt on 10 man by disengaging from the pipe. But if you can do every other it seems a lot safer. I have also had times when Magnetic Crush has gone off before I climb the pipe and in that instance you pretty much have to use the pipe. So I want to make sure that if I do that, the debuff won't port me off the belt or something the next time I get on with disengage.
    What I do is use the pipe to disengage for the first three, then use the pipe for the fourth when magnetic crush is out. I don't even tempt fate as there's no reason I'll need to use the pipe again the next time, so the debuff doesn't impact me. Just learn the sequence and it gets ridiculously easy. The first few times I did the belt I thought I had the toughest job in the raid. Now it's just rinse and repeat and I feel like I'm getting away with the easiest job.

    That being said, we're finally starting heroics this week, so I don't think I'll be soloing it anymore. That being said, when we get there on heroic, I fully expect to be going up every time again. I'll just have company this time.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishilien View Post
    I've solo'ed the Assembly Line yesterday as a BM hunter with ilvl 566. I must admit that the pet bugging out is a pain -.-'... my pet bug involves my pet not coming with me to the Assembly Line, once I respawn it it works fine again. Since I don't have my 4p T16 yet I still run BM, and I can solo it rather easily.

    If you want to try to solo the Assembly Line on heroic you will either need silly RNG as SV with your 4p or you will need to do insane burst as BM... But I don't really see that being possible as of now, maybe later on when you have it on farm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cear-FR View Post
    Did this again last night and even with being extremely careful dismissing and using call macros as BM, my pet still bugged out completely one attempt. I ended up going survival and not using a pet at all and didn't look back.
    @Ishlilien, you can comfortably solo the first belt with all trinkets proc'ing and Stampede+BW (I also have a few secs of pre-pot and Bloodlust), just make sure you don't touch the boss before you get up there.

    I was really frustrated with my pet for a long time until I read someone say to put your pet on passive and it comes back to you on the belt if you do the Disengage trick (the pet never bugs out doing the pipe thing regularly). What you need to do is this, once you get back on the main platform, send your pet on the boss, then do the Disengage thing, once you're on the belt, hit the bind or macro or whatnot that sets your pet to passive (I just have a macro for /petpassive). Of course this just means you have to remember to set your pet to attack and stuff later on lol.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 20-man, HM-2/7M, currently recruiting all
    Website: http://www.guilesthemesong.wowlaunch.com
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

  19. #79
    Field Marshal Ishilien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Sweet Apple Acres
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    @Ishlilien, you can comfortably solo the first belt with all trinkets proc'ing and Stampede+BW (I also have a few secs of pre-pot and Bloodlust), just make sure you don't touch the boss before you get up there.

    I was really frustrated with my pet for a long time until I read someone say to put your pet on passive and it comes back to you on the belt if you do the Disengage trick (the pet never bugs out doing the pipe thing regularly). What you need to do is this, once you get back on the main platform, send your pet on the boss, then do the Disengage thing, once you're on the belt, hit the bind or macro or whatnot that sets your pet to passive (I just have a macro for /petpassive). Of course this just means you have to remember to set your pet to attack and stuff later on lol.
    Luckily for me we're not at Siegecrafter yet :P We still need to do Spoils and Thok on HC before tackling Siegecrafter. But thnx for da tips. Gonna try to see if I can pomp out enough sustain DPS to get damage check (else I'll do every belt with somepony else alternating with me )

  20. #80
    Legendary! Spl4sh3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,819
    It is soloable, I tried it on a flex run. However I wouldn't suggest doing it because avoiding boss mechanic is an exploit and can get you banned. I reported the bug after I did it on flex.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •