10+ Year Old Account

Question Question concerning spec and weapons.

Ok, so I've been checking askmrrobot, raid logs, etc, and it's giving me a higher score/rating as fury as opposed to arms. I know that there are a lot of
    variables which factor into a fight, i.e. adds, mechanics and what not. Now try not to judge me too harshly, I just leveled my warrior to 90 from 85 a couple weeks ago, and just won a LOT of pieces within the last few days, and have not been able to reforge/enchant everything properly. However, my biggest concern is that I have two LFR versions of [Gar'tok, Strength of the Faithful], one upgraded to ilvl 536, the other only upgraded to ilvl 532. I know that it is only a 4 ilvl difference, and once again, all sites show that with my current gear, fury would pull ahead (although, I feel that I do play better as arms atm, only because I played arms during all of cata and leveling). I am however starting to get a grip on fury, still trying to get the aoe to run more smoothly. All things aside, assuming equal skill for each spec, would one think that in a live raid, as opposed to theoretical, that arms with the 536 Gar'tok would be more, equal, or less dps than fury with 536 main hand and 532 offhand? Thanks for the advice, and once again, I do know the proper gems/echants, I just need to get around to farming gold/purchasing them.

Here is my armory(like i said, still need proper enchants/gems on some pieces,redundant, I know)

us.battle. net /wow /en/ character/ arthas /Chiiga /simple

added spaces since I am not yet able to link

- - - Updated - - -

207 views and no input? Sad pandaren

Didn't look at your profile, but I can tell that you are a newer player and I really think you should take a look at the guides stickied at the top of this forum. They will give you in depth information on how to play each spec, how to gear/what to look for and their strength/weaknesses, but to give you the short version:

Fury > Arms on Single target, and in general the highest damage on most encounters in SoO. It scales better with gear and puts out more single target damage. While most encounters in SoO have adds, they are usually not alive long enough, or stacked close enough together for Arms to shine on them (this may not be true in lower end raiding though).
    Arms > Fury when it is able to cleave/AoE for longer periods of time.

However, given that you seem to be a mostly LFR player, play whichever spec you like the best. Arms is very competitive with Fury at lower gear levels (even in Single Target) and it is very easy to pickup and play, while Fury has a bit of a learning curve and gear requirement.
    Unless you are doing some kind of progression raiding, Fury simply isn't strong enough to force you into playing it over Arms, as was the case in the previous two tiers.

Hope that helped clear it up for you.

Deleted
    The simple answer is what do you want to play?

Are you on a high enough level that you need to play the best spec?

At like 550 ilvl before the fury buffs, the two specs were debatable singletarget, it depended on weapons. Now that fury received a 5% buff ts obviously a bit ahead, but not much.

If you enjoy arms more and aren't going heroic raiding anytime soon then stick with arms. However if you do decide to progress heroics and you need to push damage, go fury for anything where singletarget matters more than anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, while I thank you for your responses.....my main concern wasn't so much as which spec to play per say, but which spec to play when considering that my arms weapon is ilvl 536, while my fury weapons would be MH ilvl 536 with my OH only being ilvl 532. I know it's only a 4 ilvl difference, but when I get a drop from normal mode, would it be detrimental to go with the one higher ilvl 2 hander as arms, or go with the same higher ilvl 2 hander in main hand as fury, although I would have a lower ilvl OH?

Impossible for us to say without importing and simming your character for you. Gear changes effect these things. If you really want to know what's best, you have to sim it yourself. Generally speaking though, unless your MH is much much higher than your Oh (talking 40ilvls not 4), Fury will be better ST.
    Still my original point stands; at that level, play whatever you like, because the slight difference simply doesn't matter at that level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Impossible for us to say without importing and simming your character for you. Gear changes effect these things. If you really want to know what's best, you have to sim it yourself. Generally speaking though, unless your MH is much much higher than your Oh (talking 40ilvls not 4), Fury will be better ST.
    Still my original point stands; at that level, play whatever you like, because the slight difference simply doesn't matter at that level.
    Arch, that was the answer was trying to find, I don't know why I didn't word it like that to begin, thanks for your response!