Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Cant get on WoW?

    So.. I'm trying to get on WoW but I'm stuck at "Success!" If I press cancel it says "Retrieving Realm List" and just sits there aswell..
    I tried going on worldofwarcraft.com page but it wont load at all..

    The hells going on and can someone help me fix it ._.
    I was able to log on just fine last night.

  2. #2
    Herald of the Titans Ihnasir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,535
    Mine does this every now and then, just keep trying.

  3. #3
    off subject, Ihnasir where did u get your sig?

  4. #4
    Blizzard Araxom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    351
    Lokoz, please let me know if you continue to experience the issue. Will be happy to assist.

    On a general note: the fix that seems to take care of these kinds of things outside of maintenance issues, is a quick reset of the modem/router. Try that out if the issue persists and let me know how it goes.

  5. #5
    Having the exact same problem. I can't login to the Us battlenet site, but i can to the Eu site. Most the time when trying to login to game it just sits on success retrieving realm page. the one time i managed to login when i tried to switch char's it stalled around 90%. I logged into the game last night and played Lord of the Rings Online today before trying to access Wow or the forums. I've reset the modem, dlink router, disabled antivirus etc. Since its only Wow and the Us battlenet site i can't access I suspect its not on my end. At least there seems to be a Blizz rep here to see the post, i didn't want to waste time posting on the Eu forums.

  6. #6
    Blizzard Araxom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    351
    Hi Saskcon, please go through the steps on this page to see if that helps clear the issue up. I'll be back in a bit to see how that went, thanks!

  7. #7
    As the first post says i can't even log into your us forums/battlenet site, it just keeps saying connecting on firefox/explorer/safari. For some reason i can access your eu battlenet sites but the us ones are blocked.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    Hi Saskcon, please go through the steps on this page to see if that helps clear the issue up. I'll be back in a bit to see how that went, thanks!
    I called my internet provider and they said it was probably a issue on their end.. apperently they "fixed" it.. but I still fail to load up www.worldofwarcraft.com and still stuck at "Success!" when trying to get into WoW. I reset my router.. I scanned pc.. turned it on and off.. it just wont work.

    I can also only load the EU website.

  9. #9
    Sorry about that Lokoz, you need more than 2 posts to reply to PM's,
    yes i am in Saskatchewan Canada with Shaw internet, i've been trying every bookmark i have and my only problems seem to be with battlenet in the Us and logging into Wow

  10. #10
    Power cycle all relevant hardware, then try, if it's still occurring then wait a bit and try again.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Saskcon View Post
    Sorry about that Lokoz, you need more than 2 posts to reply to PM's,
    yes i am in Saskatchewan Canada with Shaw internet, i've been trying every bookmark i have and my only problems seem to be with battlenet in the Us and logging into Wow
    Ha.. I also live in Sask.. and with Shaw internet. Mostly every site I usually go to works except for battle.net and twitter.com. As for my games.. WoW is the only one not working.

  12. #12
    I think i'm going to have to give Shaw a call then, wonder if they're blocking it somehow. Just tried twitter for blizzard and it times out as well. (i don't follow twitter so i hadn't tried it earlier)

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Saskcon View Post
    I think i'm going to have to give Shaw a call then, wonder if they're blocking it somehow. Just tried twitter for blizzard and it times out as well. (i don't follow twitter so i hadn't tried it earlier)
    I called them and they said they were on it.. and it seems they fixed it (because most sites didn't work earlier and now they do) it's just WoW now that isn't working..

  14. #14
    Says i have a half hour wait for a callback from them, I'll post when i've talked to them

  15. #15
    Another Shaw customer in Saskatchewan here. I'm having the same issue. I spoke to Shaw, and they confirmed that there is a problem at their end, which they're 'working on'. Certain websites aren't available for me, including us.battle.net, and Shaw's own forums, ironically. Email is also down, so I'm using my phone (on another ISP) to post my issue on Shaw's site.

    Just wanted to chip in my 2 coppers, mainly to confirm that it's not a Blizzard issue, so Blues can focus elsewhere (thanks for your attention, Araxom.)

    Here's hoping Shaw gets it together soon.
    Last edited by mikeycles; 2013-10-02 at 10:54 PM. Reason: spelling ( sorry, Araxom)

  16. #16
    Honestly didn't expect anyone from Saskatchewan to post on here q_q this is beautiful. Working together to get back on WoW.

  17. #17
    Well they are aware of it and continue to work on it. Typical Shaw they aren't yet prepared to say its their problem, but i pointed out to them it is unlikely companies like Blizzard, Twitter and another i found called MLabs share servers. At least they continue to work on it but as of 5pm they have no estimate of when it will be working. They did add that BC is affected as well as Sask.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Saskcon View Post
    Well they are aware of it and continue to work on it. Typical Shaw they aren't yet prepared to say its their problem, but i pointed out to them it is unlikely companies like Blizzard, Twitter and another i found called MLabs share servers. At least they continue to work on it but as of 5pm they have no estimate of when it will be working. They did add that BC is affected as well as Sask.
    Hopefully they will be compensating <_< This is the 2nd time in a week this same issue has happened.. except last time it happened for about 2 hours and not more then that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    battle.net loaded for me for a couple of minutes. Seems like we'll be able to log on finally.. sometimes soon anyway.

  19. #19
    Blizzard Araxom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    351
    I guess the good news here is that the ISP is aware of the issue. That being said, I'm sorry to read that this is still going on even though the provider said it was resolved. Please update me and let me know once you're able to access the sites again. Thank you!

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    I guess the good news here is that the ISP is aware of the issue. That being said, I'm sorry to read that this is still going on even though the provider said it was resolved. Please update me and let me know once you're able to access the sites again. Thank you!
    Yup.. I just spoke to them via chat and they are now still "Looking into it."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •