10+ Year Old Account

how to connect 4 fans for cpu cooler

Hello.

I have a Corsair h100i on the way and I also got a couple Noctua NF-F12 fans. I would like to set up push/pull with NF-F12's pushing and the corsair fans that come with the cooler pulling. I plan to set this up in the top of my Fractal Design Arc Midi (R1) case exhausting the air.

The NF-F12 fans come with a Y splitter so I connect both of them to the CPU fan header on my Motherboard. I am wondering if I should use another Y splitter to connect the pull fans to a regular fan header on the motherboard or would that somehow hinder my cooling performance? I am wondering if I have to get a fan controller.

If it is highly recommended to get a fan controller please recommend one for me. Thanks!

I think you plug the h100 into the cpu fan on motherboard, then you hook all 4 fans up to leads on the pump itself.

Might as well get a fan controller. I use a bitfenix recon, it's great for the price. Only supports 10W per channel which is enough in most cases and it comes with surprisingly useful internet functionality. If you need the extra power then the lamptron fc touch is a solid unit.

He wont need a fan controller. Im like 99% sure what i said above is correct, then you can either set a profile in the bios for your fans, or use the included software that comes with the h100.