10+ Year Old Account

Wondering about how much dps should I pull

Hello guys, I've returned after about a year without playing and I am wondering how much dps should I be pulling at this level of gear. I've seen some logs with people running <250k and I usually pull 110 -120k on single targets fight I can remember.
    I've checked shadowcraft and I should be around 122k what makes me think i am doing ok, but I am not sure if the actual number from shadowcraft translates into real dps.

Anyways, I've reading a lot on this forum and I think my mut rotation is ok, not sure if I am missing something or what.

I know my bigger disventage is my offhand, I've been running tot and soo both flex and lfr trying to get a new one but i am yet to see a single drop :c

thanks in advance!
    My Rogue

Veni, vidi, vici.

I like MoP now c:

You don't have the meta, nor the back (obviously) and your weapons suck. To add onto that you didn't enchant nor gem the last two pieces you got. It's more or less normal.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    You don't have the meta, nor the back (obviously) and your weapons suck. To add onto that you didn't enchant nor gem the last two pieces you got. It's more or less normal.
    thanks for your reply. This may sound stupid, but is that big of a deal to have the meta or the back?
    My Rogue

Veni, vidi, vici.

I like MoP now c:

Quote Originally Posted by Matutin View Post
    thanks for your reply. This may sound stupid, but is that big of a deal to have the meta or the back?
    Not a big deal but if you want to hang with the rest of the people who have both, indeed it is

Quote Originally Posted by Matutin View Post
    They both do ~5-6% of my total damage. That's a flat 10% increase, and I usually end up at around 250-300k. The back also has free stats on top of it. They are indeed a big deal.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Meta, cloak, the right trinkets, high ilvl weapons(also armor, but weapons push the most) and a useful raid composition all culminate in burst DPS of several hundred thousands and 250+ overall.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Honestly with your gear I feel you could probably squeeze just a tiny bit extra out, but in all honesty if 110-120k is what your pushing then your doing just fine imo. Keep up the good work man. And dont worry too much about weapons man, they will come, as long as your just getting a steady stream of more agility, your damage is gonna scale up hardcore either way, weapons are just icing on the cake.

Also, i use the word man, a lot, man.

You're only item level 516, and 120k sounds about like what I was doing early late into T14 and early on in T15, with no Meta or Cloak. I wouldn't worry at all about trying to compare to us who are doing 250k+ DPS, we have full heroic ToT gear along with normal/heroic pieces from Siege of Orgrimmar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    They both do ~5-6% of my total damage. That's a flat 10% increase, and I usually end up at around 250-300k. The back also has free stats on top of it. They are indeed a big deal.
    Thanks for your reply. 10% seems a lot to me, 10% of 120 is 12k more. Also, the cloak is 60 more ilvl than my current one. This is the difference in stats:

1008 Agility
    256 Mastery (0.43)
    991 Crit (1.65%)
    390 Haste (0.92%)
    1 Sockets

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Meta, cloak, the right trinkets, high ilvl weapons(also armor, but weapons push the most) and a useful raid composition all culminate in burst DPS of several hundred thousands and 250+ overall.
    I think i've bursted into 300k or something, but never managed to stay above 120, maybe for a few tricky fights like the first one on ToT.

Quote Originally Posted by badgersmashr View Post
    Honestly with your gear I feel you could probably squeeze just a tiny bit extra out, but in all honesty if 110-120k is what your pushing then your doing just fine imo. Keep up the good work man. And dont worry too much about weapons man, they will come, as long as your just getting a steady stream of more agility, your damage is gonna scale up hardcore either way, weapons are just icing on the cake.

Also, i use the word man, a lot, man.
    I think I may be able to squeeze a bit more, man. I've been reading quite a lot but mut doesnt seems all that hard, I still have a few minor questions but nothing too important (for example, is it ok to vanish-> mutilate if at really low energy and 3cp and rupture is about to fall, man?). I dont really worry about the drops, its just how rng works, the only thing thats bothers me is those trolly dps saying "lol wut ur dps is soo low, l2p" but I'll spank them realy hard after I get some gear. Also, its cool man, I usually say man a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychowolf View Post
    You're only item level 516, and 120k sounds about like what I was doing early late into T14 and early on in T15, with no Meta or Cloak. I wouldn't worry at all about trying to compare to us who are doing 250k+ DPS, we have full heroic ToT gear along with normal/heroic pieces from Siege of Orgrimmar.
    Yeah, that's what I thought, the deal was that I was seeing some guys pulling like twice my dps and I was like wtf. But I'll try running some more flex and lfr this week, hopefully I'll get some weps from any place.

I've used Shadowcraft to see how much dps would be to upgrade my weps to 2 540 ones and it is like 15-17k difference. That's insane, 12% more dps just from 2 items.

Thanks to all for your replies!
    My Rogue

Veni, vidi, vici.

I like MoP now c: